It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

AT&T to give 200,000 employees 1K bonus and invest 1Billion due to tax reform.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+13 more 
posted on Dec, 20 2017 @ 01:58 PM
link   
For those that say tax reform will do nothing for the economy or middle class and only benefits the rich, well AT&T is proving you wrong before the bill is even signed.

The telecom giant said in a press release on Wednesday that it would give more than 200,000 U.S. union members a special bonus of $1,000. The company also increased its capital expenditures budget by $1 billion in the U.S.
AT&T's CEO said it was in response to tax reform.

Good on AT&T. I hope many more companies follow their lead.

CNBC

+4 more 
posted on Dec, 20 2017 @ 02:01 PM
link   
a reply to: FauxMulder

Damn you beat me to it....darn republicans and there fantasy world tax plan!

Dems, I can not believe it, tax bill has already started hurting Americans, those poor 200,000 workers!

posted on Dec, 20 2017 @ 02:07 PM
link   
MakingAGA

Tax cuts work !!

+2 more 
posted on Dec, 20 2017 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Only union members? What about the folks who don't pay to be employed?

I get what AT&T is doing, and its not a bad thing. I just can't stand unions, and would like to see them reward all their employees.

posted on Dec, 20 2017 @ 02:09 PM
link   

The Narrative™!!! OMG, someone shield the Narrative™!

LOL! 2018 is going to be a magical year.

+5 more 
posted on Dec, 20 2017 @ 02:13 PM
link   
You mean AT&T has that many US employees? Who woulda thunk? Everytime I call I swear it's always Apu.

posted on Dec, 20 2017 @ 02:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

Only union members? What about the folks who don't pay to be employed?

I get what AT&T is doing, and its not a bad thing. I just can't stand unions, and would like to see them reward all their employees.

I believe everyone who doesn't work on the sales floor for AT&T is unionized. Sales floor employees receive commissions, which wouldn't pay out bonuses directly impacted by this tax break anyway. This bonus will go directly to 85%+ of AT&T's employees.

posted on Dec, 20 2017 @ 02:27 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

Well, where I work you're either union or management and management gets bonuses every year. Maybe it's a similar situation there where the non union already get a bonus?

posted on Dec, 20 2017 @ 02:27 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

Im thinking call center employees. I've not been in that industry for awhile, but when I was AT&T was one of our clients. We ran 3 sites for them. None of our folks were union at the time, and neither were theirs. This was right after they bought out Cingular.

posted on Dec, 20 2017 @ 02:41 PM
link   

I think that's outsourced, which would put the responsibility of bonuses on the management/ownership of the contract company to negotiate with AT&T in their contract, then decide on bonuses for their own employees.

I could be wrong on that. Contract employment economics has changed a lot the past 15 years since my management and economics coursework.

posted on Dec, 20 2017 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Ah. Pay to play. Hillary would have done this too.

“On the other hand, AT&T stands to be a potential beneficiary of another recent move by the Trump administration: the repeal of net neutrality regulation. The new regulatory landscape will afford AT&T more flexibility to control the pricing and speed of content for their internet customers, although AT&T has said it will not make big changes to the way internet services are delivered.”

posted on Dec, 20 2017 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Most AT&T employees are union and have been . The only exception is the great number of off-shore and contractor help

posted on Dec, 20 2017 @ 02:56 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

No, you are correct.

It was always a little windfall for us when the clients included our folks in their contests. T-Mobile was the best client to work with in that regard. They have always been very employee centric.

posted on Dec, 20 2017 @ 02:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: FauxMulder
For those that say tax reform will do nothing for the economy or middle class and only benefits the rich, well AT&T is proving you wrong before the bill is even signed.

The telecom giant said in a press release on Wednesday that it would give more than 200,000 U.S. union members a special bonus of $1,000. The company also increased its capital expenditures budget by $1 billion in the U.S.
AT&T's CEO said it was in response to tax reform.

Good on AT&T. I hope many more companies follow their lead.

CNBC

Considering a lot of the union maangement didn't support Trump, maybe they should forfeit their $1000 bonus...

posted on Dec, 20 2017 @ 03:00 PM
link   
To be honest, this is the last company I expected to do anything like this.

Wonder if they'll go down on their phone and internet bills, now.

posted on Dec, 20 2017 @ 03:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: StallionDuck
To be honest, this is the last company I expected to do anything like this.

Wonder if they'll go down on their phone and internet bills, now.

Hah!

if anything they'll increase the average persons bill 10% and make this back ten fold in the first year!

Evil corporations.

posted on Dec, 20 2017 @ 03:10 PM
link   

reaking911‏Verified account @Breaking911 5m5 minutes ago More JUST IN: Fifth Third Bancorp announces plan “to raise its minimum hourly wage for all employees to $15, and distribute a one-time bonus of $1,000 for more than 13,500 employees” following passage of tax bill - CNBC

Here's another company giving bonuses. I hope the company i work for gives us a bonus, but i know it's wishful thinking. Lucky people, getting an actual early xmas bonus with this tax cut.

posted on Dec, 20 2017 @ 03:15 PM
link   
a reply to: EchoesInTime

Obama triggered a yuge $100 bonus 8 years ago. Liquor store sales exploded.

posted on Dec, 20 2017 @ 03:15 PM
link   

I don't understand why anyone has a problem with rich people benefiting from this anyways. If I'm getting $900 more per year because of this, and the multimillionaire in the next town is getting $51,000 more per year, that $900 will help me more in my current budget and be worth more to me than that $51K is to the multimillionaire's lifestyle. Who cares if he gets more money now. It's his money that he owes to nobody.

posted on Dec, 20 2017 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Who knows... AT&T employs 246,740 people, you'd think they would include the other 46.7K but oh well, at least they know a good deal when they see it.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join