It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

5 Year Old arrests the GRINCH!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 20 2017 @ 12:07 PM
link   

In case you can't see the video?

Cops in Mississippi arrested ‘The Grinch’ after a 5-year-old boy heard he was going to steal Christmas and called to report the plot.

On Monday, a Grinch was busted after TyLon Pittman called 911 and said, “Watch for that little Grinch. Because the Grinch is gonna steal Christmas, OK?”

As the boy was on the phone, his mother heard what was happening and apologized to the 911 dispatcher.

The Byram Police Department showed up at Pittman’s door to get the young boy's help finding the Grinch.

The police responded by having one of their officers dress up as the Grinch where they proceeded to go to the boys house and let him arrest the Grinch - then lock him in a cell in the police station.

And of course the little guy wants to be a police officer when he 'grows up'.

Just adorable!

I needed to hear that story today.

Merry Christmas ATS!

posted on Dec, 20 2017 @ 12:11 PM
link   
Oh boy. Somebody's gonna complain about "muh tax dollars" being spent on something like this.

God forbid a modicum of fun be had.

posted on Dec, 20 2017 @ 12:15 PM
link   
Yeah this really is one of those "dawwwww so cute" moments.

Kudos to the P.D. for putting on the show for this little guy.

posted on Dec, 20 2017 @ 12:24 PM
link   
a reply to: silo13

Good job to the police department for doing this.

Too much negative attention for police now a days. It's nice to see something like this.

posted on Dec, 20 2017 @ 12:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6
Oh boy. Somebody's gonna complain about "muh tax dollars" being spent on something like this.

God forbid a modicum of fun be had.

I could take that role and point out how people funded by hard earned taxes shouldn't be screwing around... but it's such a small part of such a big problem, and the "aww" effect seems to justify it for most.

How about an alternative view, why do they have so many extra police officers on the clock that they have time to screw around playing with children?

Just sayin

posted on Dec, 20 2017 @ 12:35 PM
link   
a reply to: lordcomac

How about an alternative view, why do they have so many extra police officers on the clock that they have time to screw around playing with children?

You do realize that not every cop is on a call from the time they go in-service to the time they go out-of-service, right?

Just sayin

You tried to, anyway.

posted on Dec, 20 2017 @ 12:48 PM
link   
a reply to: lordcomac

Cops don't pay taxes! There's always something better for the cops to be doing, because they know a crime is happening before they get a call! Public relations are stupid!

This is a sweet story.

People forget that the vast majority of cops get into it because they want to HELP. The vast majority want to be a part of this kind of sweet story, not shoot someone. It's a very thankless job, done by people who actually care, and everyone craps on them.

posted on Dec, 20 2017 @ 12:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

They should have shot the Grinch and then made the boy cut its head off.

posted on Dec, 20 2017 @ 12:54 PM
link   

I'm sure they tasered the boy and his family afterwards for wasting police time.

posted on Dec, 20 2017 @ 01:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: LightSpeedDriver

I'm sure they tasered the boy and his family afterwards for wasting police time.

posted on Dec, 20 2017 @ 02:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

They should have shot the Grinch and then made the boy cut its head off.

Correction: had him shoot the Grinch and then made him cut it's head off.

posted on Dec, 20 2017 @ 02:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: LightSpeedDriver

We can hope

posted on Dec, 20 2017 @ 02:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6
Correction: had him shoot the Grinch and then made him cut it's head off.

Point taken, he did say he wanted to be a cop so that would have been solid practice on how to handle future perps and Pomeranians.

posted on Dec, 20 2017 @ 02:17 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Judging by his verbal commands, somebody's already started working with him. Might as well go all-out with it

posted on Dec, 20 2017 @ 02:19 PM
link   

I'll get him a pair of pocket Constitution loafers for his tiny little uniform, I wouldn't want him to hurt his feet when he steps on our rights.

posted on Dec, 20 2017 @ 03:52 PM
link   
Guess you just can't fix stupid.

top topics

join