It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Simulation hypothesis, with a twist

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 20 2017 @ 09:37 AM
link   
a reply to: Starhopper
yea that sounds pretty cool! So then suicide will just reset our lives into another?? Then who are we really?? Are our families real?? Are the kids even kids and my wife a woman?? elaborate further on your beliefs.

posted on Dec, 20 2017 @ 10:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: worldstarcountry
yea that sounds pretty cool! So then suicide will just reset our lives into another?? Then who are we really?? Are our families real?? Are the kids even kids and my wife a woman?? elaborate further on your beliefs.

I'm an agnostic, about everything, not just god. I'm agnostic about reality itself. I don''t 'believe' anything or have any 'beliefs'. So we might be in a simulation, we might not be. If we are in a simulation, then I don't think our human relations like family and friends are meaningless or fake in any way. It''s just that they're not biological relations, just virtual ones, but close enough to reality to make no difference. Like, this me writing this reply to you is a more lower form of virtual relation.

Your children and wife and everyone else are real.

I can't explain how many of the 7 billion people are real and which are just NPCs. Maybe there are 7 billion and increasing number of people in the star ships, growing in number as the virtual population grows. Again, simply a hypothesis that cant be disproven.

However.. sometimes I need to drive like this to feel really alive, this was me a few hours ago coming home from work on my motorbike.

edit on 20-12-2017 by Starhopper because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2017 @ 10:20 AM
link   
Fractional reserve people, the same thought has floated around in my own head. Perhaps only ten percent of us are real humans, and the rest NPC's . Perhaps this explains things like the rapture or the erasure of 3/4's of the worlds population in prophecy?

Then all the worlds religious texts would in fact be based on pre-existing Science and historical texts or an original source that was translated as it passed through different cultures through time.

This would make an awesome movie! Lets pitch it to Hollywood!

posted on Dec, 20 2017 @ 10:37 AM
link   
Wait, I think I lost it somewhere.

Is this simulation implanted by an outside source, or are they of our own construct?

Because, I've f***ed this one up and would like to restart. lol

posted on Dec, 20 2017 @ 11:04 AM
link   

If we are in a simulation, does it mean that nothing we do matters?

Now I do have some sympathy for the idea that our universe may be a simulation of some sort - and I found your theory interesting, quite close to thoughts i have had at one time or another. However, your comment as quoted above made me realise that the Simulation Theory as espoused by scientists in these modern times, might ultimately be used by evil people as justification for evil actions, by intimating that nothing has any actual consequence, because everything will be taken care of by the AI, etc, we may reincarnate at some future point in the simulation, or everyone may just be awoken 'when the starships arrive'. My personal belief is that even if we are in a simulation of a simulation - at some level or another is an 'organic' reality, which is completely determined by God, and therefore at the time of our death, our consciousness would be translated out of this simulation into the 'real world' of Heaven, and therefore, even if this is a 'meaningless simulation', our thoughts, words & deeds are of consequence in the grander scheme of things because the Supreme God in the organic universe would have supreme control over all layers of reality which may have been created by his originally created, 'organic, real-world' sentient creatures (which may have done some role play as 'gods' within this simulation..)

A bit like the way the movie Source Code indicates that even though the protagonist's character is nearly brain-dead, cast as detective in a confusing, brief simulated universe, which repeats over & over again - ultimately, he is successful in averting the catastrophe which should have ended the simulation, and he discovers that even though the simulation wasn't actually 'real' to begin with, the psychological investment he has put into it, has made it REAL in a true sense. So that is to say that, wherever SENTIENCE can be found, REALITY follows (an awakening into sentience then grows exponentially between characters, perhaps) - the hierarchic structure of organic reality takes over & shapes the transition to organic spiritual connection of the sentient life within the formerly simulated reality, perhaps indicating that salvation is ultimately shaped by compassion, from beyond the technological confines of their existence.

NB - The Matrix series also hinted at this 'ultimately real world, beyond the real world, beyond the simulated world', layered reality system. The Watchowski brothers had initially planned to present this aspect of the ending of the series in far more depth than we actually saw in the franchise - the executive producers & financiers instructed that instead it be dumbed down a bit, and so that's what we got. Now whether they did this to avoid confusing the audience, or to prevent the seeds of a certain philosophy from developing, who knows...

posted on Dec, 20 2017 @ 11:07 AM
link   
a reply to: Eshel
Well then, based on the OPS own testimony and theories, all you have to do to start over is become an hero to us all.

posted on Dec, 20 2017 @ 12:15 PM
link   
a reply to: worldstarcountry

nah... I think I'll stick this one out. I hate leaving movies before the credits roll. (although shouldn't I already know the ending if it's pre-programmed ? Did I conceive all these movies, shows and books? Are you me, responding to me?)

My brain hurts, I'm gonna take up day drinking.

posted on Dec, 20 2017 @ 12:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Starhopper
So suppose, that all of us are actually in this star ship, in suspended animation, with our minds connected to this simulation of earth as it is today.

We are all actually on a star ship, called Earth, zooming through space at about 67,000 miles an hour toward Lyra / Vega.

posted on Dec, 21 2017 @ 12:01 AM
link   
a reply to: Eshel

Are you me, responding to me?

Well, don't we look silly having a conversation in the mirror?

originally posted by: Blue Shift
We are all actually on a star ship, called Earth, zooming through space at about 67,000 miles an hour toward Lyra / Vega.

Best answer yet..

posted on Dec, 21 2017 @ 03:10 PM
link   
I have recently had this thought myself exactly to a T...

I have expressed this to others but with the caveat ALL EXPERIENCES ARE REAL. When you go see a movie you did not star in (as far as I know) or have much to do with that movie other than observe it and sometimes it has an effect on you and your life, same with music and even conversations. So does it really matter? The experience part of it does, but whether we wake up aboard a ship or in a box or in Heaven the experience of this life is important.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join