It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wells Fargo CEO admits he won’t use his tax windfall to create more jobs

page: 12
<< 9  10  11   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 21 2017 @ 08:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Southern Guardian
a reply to: Throes

I'm saving at least $3k next year it this passes. That's not chump change.

Assuming this is indeed true, good for you. I'll assume you're not wealthy and you'll actually put that money to use and back into the economy?

The argument isn't that this tax plan won't benefit many outside the rich. The issue is, this tax plan puts the bulk of the financial benefit on the wealthy, the group that needs it the least. It's resulting in a $1.5 trillion deficit. That money won't go back into the economy.

You want to talk about supporting economic plans that support the middle and lower classes, not heavily catered to the wealthy and corporations? More than happy to jump aboard that plan.

So is your proposed alternative to continue to maintain the highest corporate tax rates, keep middle income taxes at their highest levels in history, and continue to tax the middle class into oblivion? I'm all ears for what your alternative proposal is considering we've seen nothing but the highest tax bill in history passed with the ACA. You realize that was about taxes and not health care right?

Wait...you actually thought it was about health care?

What is your alternative proposal? Keep everything status quo?

posted on Dec, 22 2017 @ 11:23 AM
link   
a reply to: Southern Guardian

I know I just wish I could give more of my money to my bloated Federal Government. I hate the fact that I'm keeping more of my paycheck, it's really going to take a toll on me. Do you know what a percentage is? Do you realize that even if we had a flat tax rate it would still be a progressive tax system because the rich would pay more actual money?

Stop engaging in class warfare, and stop crying when companies make a profit. Even if I receive my tax refund and put it in the bank never to be spent again, it is still contributing to the economy because it gives the bank more lending power.

I honestly think class warfare and government bootlicking won't end until people like you die in their sleep. The trick to fixing government debt isn't taxing us more, it's to have our disgustingly grown federal government stop spending so much.

posted on Dec, 22 2017 @ 08:41 PM
link   

CHARLES BARKLEY RIPS TRUMP TAX BILL: ‘I’M GOING TO TRICKLE MY FAT ASS DOWN TO THE JEWELRY STORE’
www.newsweek.com...

The link have a very funny vid..

edit on 22-12-2017 by Spider879 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2017 @ 08:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Spider879

CHARLES BARKLEY RIPS TRUMP TAX BILL: ‘I’M GOING TO TRICKLE MY FAT ASS DOWN TO THE JEWELRY STORE’
www.newsweek.com...

And the jewelry store will hire more workers to accommodate the new customers... proving tax cuts work.
edit on 22-12-2017 by Edumakated because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2017 @ 09:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Edumakated

www.newsweek.com...

And the jewelry store will hire more workers to accommodate the new customers... proving tax cuts work.

No they won't!! history never bares this out.

posted on Dec, 22 2017 @ 09:15 PM
link   

www.newsweek.com...

Maybe in your made up history. If a business has more customers coming in they will hire more people. If people like Charles Barkley decide to go out and buy jewelry, the stores will hire more help.

Not sure what fantasy world you live in

posted on Dec, 23 2017 @ 06:54 AM
link   

www.newsweek.com...

Maybe in your made up history. If a business has more customers coming in they will hire more people. If people like Charles Barkley decide to go out and buy jewelry, the stores will hire more help.

Not sure what fantasy world you live in

No sir, tax cuts to rich ppl do not stimulate growth including hirings, tax cuts to working and middle class folks indeed does that, however as you may know or not, after 10yrs middle and working class tax will rise significantly while the 1%ters will stay in place, bait and switch, BTW entitlement programs?? Which you and I pay into and not no giveaway , will be raided to plug holes in that mega deficit created to satisfy the political donor class.

top topics

<< 9  10  11   >>

join