It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CNN contributor jumps to conclusions and is left eating crow

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 19 2017 @ 08:01 AM
link   
I'm not sure what good Twitter is. All it seems to do is make people look stupid. Here is another good example.

CNN contributor jumps to conclusions and is left eating crow

CNN guest commentator Hilary Rosen is on the hot seat after she publicly and baselessly panned a Georgetown University sports fan as anti-Semitic — because he was wearing a bacon suit during his school’s recent basketball game against Syracuse University.

It turns out the fan’s name is Michael Bakan, and he regularly wears the get-up just because his last name is pronounced like the non-Kosher breakfast staple.

“Look at the guy in the ‘bacon suit,’” Rosen wrote Saturday in a since-deleted tweet accompanied by a photo of Bakan at the game. “This is a Georgetown #Hoyas fans anti-Semitic smear to the Syracuse team.”

Bad intel. Sounds like a bad knee-jerk reaction. I don't Tweet so I may be missing something but who needs intel to comment on a picture? She got triggered. I was waiting to read that the university expelled Mr. Bakan but thankfully, this ended without retribution.

EDIT: here's a picture for those not interested in visiting NY Post.

edit on 12-19-2017 by LogicalGraphitti because: Add image

edit on Tue Dec 19 2017 by DontTreadOnMe because: trimmed overly long quote IMPORTANT: Using Content From Other Websites on ATS

+10 more 
posted on Dec, 19 2017 @ 08:32 AM
link   
It’s CNN...if they didn’t report fake news they would have no news at all.

posted on Dec, 19 2017 @ 08:43 AM
link   
I guess there's a fine line between jumping to conclusions and being a total moron.

posted on Dec, 19 2017 @ 09:11 AM
link   
Because everyone jumps to conclusions in their collect race to get internet famous. Twitter, news outlets especially, Reddit, sometimes even ATS.

All for those ever important fake internet points.

posted on Dec, 19 2017 @ 09:11 AM
link   
Is anyone surprised? I wouldn't believe a story from CNN even if it was a positive story on Trump. CNN has literally gotten that bad and honestly has the same reputation as the National Enquirer in my eyes.

posted on Dec, 19 2017 @ 09:39 AM
link   
a reply to: LogicalGraphitti

Don't know what she's talking about. That suit is fire.

posted on Dec, 19 2017 @ 09:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: ColeYounger
I guess there's a fine line between jumping to conclusions and being a total moron.

Not at CNN. Why didn't she say that the guy next to Baken was a Christian extremis with his very Pro-Pope outfit.

There was a day when CNN's internal motto was; "The news is the story", it's too bad they don't understand that now.

posted on Dec, 19 2017 @ 10:16 AM
link   

He should be charged with a hate crime. Was he trying to walk into a mosque?

Lock him up.

posted on Dec, 19 2017 @ 11:04 AM
link   
There is a UK radio show that lampoons current events that has been getting steadily less and less funny. This is no reflection on the writing or the performers, but is instead because modern life has become so ridiculous, that it is no longer possible to be satirical and amusing.

posted on Dec, 19 2017 @ 03:36 PM
link   

I'm on vacation and thought I would be able to contribute easily. Life got in the way and I haven't been able to take part since I posted. Sorry about that!

posted on Dec, 19 2017 @ 03:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

Don't know what she's talking about. That suit is fire.

It really is. I'd love to have one and show up to a few events. I'm sure it would get attention.

posted on Dec, 19 2017 @ 03:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: CulturalResilience
There is a UK radio show that lampoons current events that has been getting steadily less and less funny. This is no reflection on the writing or the performers, but is instead because modern life has become so ridiculous, that it is no longer possible to be satirical and amusing.

In the USA, we haven't hit that point yet at least when it comes to politics. Saturday Night Live and all the late-night talk shows do nothing but make fun of the current administration. But, dare say anything against gays or trans-genders and the wrath will be upon you.

posted on Dec, 19 2017 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Cnn employs and utilizes scum contributers.

posted on Dec, 19 2017 @ 09:07 PM
link   
cnn`s new motto must be " it`s better to ask for forgivness than to have credible sources" just report any rumor as fact and if someone calls you on it just say your sorry and continue reporting more rumors, eventually they will get one right and people will forget about the previous 100 FAKE rumors that they reported. as long as it keeps the money rolling in, no harm no foul.
edit on 19-12-2017 by bluechevytree because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join