It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If You Aren't Looking Forward To Christmas...Alone? Depressed? Step Inside

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 19 2017 @ 10:04 AM
link   
a reply to: conspiracytheoristIAM

You mean the dragon? You hurt his feelings, he is a Christmas dragon, he helps guard everyone's cheer.

a reply to: elkabong57

If they're nice to cats.

posted on Dec, 19 2017 @ 10:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: skunkape23
My car got totalled.
I lost my job.
I got into a fist-fight with my dad and brother...limped away with a broken nose.
My girlfriend died.
I left town with what I could carry on my back on a bicycle.
I'm not much into sweets, but a cookie sounds good.
Life is good.
I seek no pity.
I have a sense of humor, two good hands, some cash and a sense of adventure.
Love.

Holy monkey balls! That is quite the list of #bad#happens....but hey you left town in search of a better new life. Proud of you mate
Takes courage to go through all that.

MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

edit on 19-12-2017 by Skywatcher2011 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2017 @ 10:29 AM
link   
a reply to: LucidWarrior

Cats are cool. Play time!

posted on Dec, 19 2017 @ 10:35 AM
link   
So while I am doing everything I can to hold onto the Christmas magic, the spirit of love and gratitude... as my children begin leaving home, marrying, having children of their own and creating new traditions... going off to wars across the world, and basically for the first time feeling the final year as a sole parent of a fast approaching empty nest...

I have a LITBM story for you just in case you think you might be having it rough... (Laughter is the best medicine)

MY sister the other day heads out on the Oats bus to do some private Christmas shopping only to discover soon after arriving to town and first stop wallyworld, that she cant be more than 30 seconds away from the nearest toilet... yep she gets the boot scoots...badly...

Now my sister is a large woman, especially from the waist down, very very large and heavy...

LOng short she went through the entire day of h. e. double toothpicks and gets no shopping done at the various stops they made throughout the day. Just wants to get home and forget the whole experience.

Finally, there are 3 passengers left on the bus including my sister, when the "urge" struck so strongly through clenched teeth and fanny she begged the driver to help her before there is an explosion on the bus which she was helpless to control.

The driver pulls onto a country road that even now is so untraveled it is covered in 3 inches of fallen leaves. The driver hands my sis a roll of paper towels and says it is the best she can do.

Sis barely makes it out the bus door and struggles to pull down her pants when the fire and waterworks begin. Feeling this was the single most humiliating experience of her 52 years and beside herself with justifiable embarrassment...

She begins to stand up and instead rolls end over end down the 4-foot mud slickened leaf filled steep trench behind her...

With pants stuck around her cowboy boots and ankles, she grasped the side of the ravine and struggled unable to get back up to the road and the bus. The driver nor the other shocked and big-eyed passengers were in physical health the come to her aid. And mind you this was an out of the way country road that sees's next to no traffic!

When all of the sudden from out of nowhere a big old truck pulls alongside the driver with 2 youngish good ole boys asking if there was a problem and if they could help? The driver points to the ditch and my now leaf and dirt covered sis, arms still outstretched trying desperately to get out and up to the bus.

The 2 jump out quickly and tell my frantic looking sis "Hang in there little missy, we got this" Sis was SOOO ashamed of her naked bottom half, the dirty paper towels beside her on the top of the cliff, but the 2 men were quick and anything but disrespectful holding her arms as she pulls up her pants.

So that's the story.

posted on Dec, 19 2017 @ 10:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: TimHeller
I am quite alone! except for my cat

A cat is wonderful company! Share a pic with us if you can! You also have us and a good party and company in here so you'll be ok. If you're not, just share your feelings and we will be here for you.

posted on Dec, 19 2017 @ 10:38 AM
link   
a reply to: Tarzan the apeman.

All I know is when his kid would pour some in a camp fire it would have some blue and white flames...........either that or I was hallucinating.

Bahaha!

posted on Dec, 19 2017 @ 10:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

Oh, no words for the loss of your Mom, beloved friend, just my heart to yours.

posted on Dec, 19 2017 @ 10:41 AM
link   
Fur Babies are always welcome in the Shed.

Blessed to all who gather here.

posted on Dec, 19 2017 @ 10:41 AM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

Humans just need a good project | they need to not obsess over the idea that they're supposed to be group absorbed

We could all use a little human interaction at times. Stick around, have a drink or some cookies until the real food arrives.

posted on Dec, 19 2017 @ 10:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: homerJ
a reply to: skunkape23
Holy s#it.... I was about to have a whine about my BPD missus taking off with my gorgeous and happy 4 month old daughter right before xmas.... But I won't.... You're a staunch little monkey. But one has to be... Really bad # happens to people who can take it or people who seek rich life experiences.. I've seen it and experienced many times...
Happy xmas to my ATS family. x

You can still whine, you have valid reasons and your feelings matter. Having your wife take off with your precious child is heart breaking. Merry Christmas homer j!

posted on Dec, 19 2017 @ 10:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

What if I just want cookies?

Usually you just steal them. You can have cookies and a drink and can entertain folks. As long as you behave. Wait...what? LOL
Hey...what happened to your Christmas attire?
edit on 19-12-2017 by Night Star because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2017 @ 10:51 AM
link   
Merry Krampusnacht, ATS!

posted on Dec, 19 2017 @ 10:52 AM
link   
OH LARD!!

Is Augustus running around naked again?

posted on Dec, 19 2017 @ 10:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: TNMockingbird

The first thread I see when I logged on.
Just telling a friend this morning that I've been hiding in a box. I'm managing to keep up appearances for those I love

You are one of the kindest and most thoughtful folks that I have ever met and am glad that I did.
You've made me smile with your generosity and compassion for others when you are struggling yourself.

a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Merry Christmas

Ah, my dear sweet wonderful friend, thank you for the kind words! You've been hiding in a box? And all this time, I thought you were hiding out in the bushes at the shed. No wonder there were left over donuts back there! No need to keep hiding Sweetie, it's ok out here, there are still good people in the world and always hope for better days ahead. Hugs! Oh and Merry Christmas!

posted on Dec, 19 2017 @ 11:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kurokage
Merry Christmas to all my ATS Family!! What a great idea for a thread.

Merry Christmas Kurokage!

posted on Dec, 19 2017 @ 11:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: Night Star
Hey...what happened to your Christmas attire?

It's still Star Wars week, that's my holiday.

link   
If you are Swedish you are familar with these little goodies.

Pepparkakor cookies are the first cookies baked in our house.

And if your thirsty. Please join us in a swedish christmas beer. ( I'm sticking to the eggnog) Augustus makes gooood eggnog.

link   
a reply to: conspiracytheoristIAM

I'm all for the cookies , love and something cheery.......what's with the demonic ouroborus creature wrapped around "Merry Christmas " ????

That's just a Shed dragon, he's harmless...as long as you don't piss him off. LOL

posted on Dec, 19 2017 @ 11:15 AM
link   
a reply to: elkabong57

Your dogs are beautiful and yes, of course they can come to the party!

Hope they like cats.

posted on Dec, 19 2017 @ 11:19 AM
link   
a reply to: wtbengineer

Yes, I'm sure things are not the same, but you have your precious memories of days gone by and can make new and wonderful memories now.

There are people who become a part of us and remain in hearts forever.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join