It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

DHS to Release Inert Chemical and Biological Simulant Materials at Newkirk, Oklahoma.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 17 2017 @ 08:43 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

It does not inform the public what they are using,

False.

posted on Dec, 17 2017 @ 08:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

It does not inform the public what they are using,

False.

Yeah, I went and read the article. Titanium dioxide. www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov... Perfectly safe for everyone except mice.

posted on Dec, 17 2017 @ 08:51 PM
link   

a reply to: whywhynot

People do care, no doubt.
But often those cares are misplaced.

And often the attempts by some to dismiss concerns and threads which disagree with the "opinion" of certain members are not only "misplaced" but arrogant attempts by some who apparently think they know better than anyone else...

posted on Dec, 17 2017 @ 08:54 PM
link   

Unless you dose them with 500mg/kg anyway.

Interesting comment in that study:

Surprisingly, human studies have not been able to detect any relation between TiO2 occupational exposure and cancer risk (5, 6, 37), but these studies have methodological and epidemiological limitations as reviewed by the National Institute of Occupational Safety and Health (NIOSH) (38).

"Surprisingly?" It's almost as if they are expecting certain results.

posted on Dec, 17 2017 @ 08:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse

Yeah, I went and read the article. Titanium dioxide. www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov... Perfectly safe for everyone except mice.

Other countries that have studied titanium dioxide say that it is a possible carcinogen to humans. The use of titanium dioxide has been banned in the EU. In the first age there are links proving my statement.

posted on Dec, 17 2017 @ 08:55 PM
link   
a reply to: ElectricUniverse

The use of titanium dioxide has been banned in the EU.

False.

posted on Dec, 17 2017 @ 09:02 PM
link   

The use of titanium dioxide has been banned in the EU.

False.

12 Ingredients Banned By The EU That Are Hiding In Your U.S. Beauty Products
8. Titanium dioxide might block out UV rays, but it could also be a carcinogen.

Its Uses: As a UV filter in certain sunblocks and also sometimes as an opacifier (white pigment) in makeup.

Why It's Banned: It may be a carcinogen when inhaled and can potentially cause organ-system toxicity.

www.buzzfeed.com...

edit on 17-12-2017 by ElectricUniverse because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2017 @ 09:02 PM
link   

Buzzfeed?
How about a more official source?

edit on 12/17/2017 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2017 @ 09:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Titanium gasses would have a reaction similar to aluminum gasses I would think.

Just checked, not a problem as long as you are not close by.
www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...

Still better than spraying Urate, I know some people who get locked up breathing when they smell the sprayers in the field spraying urate. I guess it triggers the body to make enzymes to knock out the uric acid in the blood and if the levels quickly lower, they get side effects.

I actually researched both of these a while back, but can't remember all the particulars. I doubt if the levels will be high enough to make anyone get noticably sick though, although this is Homeland Security running this, maybe they should find some other agency.

posted on Dec, 17 2017 @ 09:36 PM
link   

The site where the DHS is making this experiment is 3-4 miles from Arkansas city. That's relatively very close to a major city.

posted on Dec, 17 2017 @ 09:38 PM
link   

Buzzfeed?
How about a more official source?

lol

Buzzfeed is a leftwing media and entertainment website started by the co-founder of "the Huffington Post".

It's ironic how sometimes members like you just want to accept left-wing sources and when it is your whim you want to not accept some leftwing sources...

posted on Dec, 17 2017 @ 09:44 PM
link   

So. Not banned in the EU?
Your (and Buzzfeed's) claim is erroneous?
edit on 12/17/2017 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2017 @ 09:44 PM
link   

www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...

Still better than spraying Urate, I know some people who get locked up breathing when they smell the sprayers in the field spraying urate. I guess it triggers the body to make enzymes to knock out the uric acid in the blood and if the levels quickly lower, they get side effects.

I actually researched both of these a while back, but can't remember all the particulars. I doubt if the levels will be high enough to make anyone get noticably sick though, although this is Homeland Security running this, maybe they should find some other agency.

These are not gases. TiO2 is a common white pigment and is a solid at room temperature with a low vapor pressure. The method is to disperse about 1.3 pounds of finely divided TiO2 in the air and track it's movement.

posted on Dec, 17 2017 @ 09:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: ElectricUniverse

The site where the DHS is making this experiment is 3-4 miles from Arkansas city. That's relatively very close to a major city.
Lately, people have been conditioned to just look at the carcinogenic effect of something. These gasses can cause other effects that can effect cognition and can cause possible problems with breathing. I doubt if the titanium dioxide will cause breathing problems but metals like that can have some neurological effects on people. I suppose that the end justifies the means in this case. I just hope nobody gets a reaction to which one they choose.

posted on Dec, 17 2017 @ 09:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: pteridine

www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...

These are not gases. TiO2 is a common white pigment and is a solid at room temperature with a low vapor pressure. The method is to disperse about 1.3 pounds of finely divided TiO2 in the air and track it's movement.
When it is contained in air as a nanoparticles, it is like a gas. Nerve gasses are liquids that are put into the air aren't they? They call that nerve gas.

posted on Dec, 17 2017 @ 10:59 PM
link   

So i guess according to you we can't trust the Huffinton Post either since the co-founder of the Huff is the founder of Buzzfeed. You better never again give the Huff as a source Phage...

posted on Dec, 17 2017 @ 11:00 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 17 2017 @ 11:12 PM
link   

a reply to: Tophat21

Someone who knows how to follow the links provided on the site linked by the OP?

Oh, look. The OP finally figured out how to do the same thing.

I think we are all on the same side here, or at least we used to be for the most part.

posted on Dec, 17 2017 @ 11:56 PM
link   

No...the problem is trying to find an official source that is uptodate... The EU was reviewing titanium oxide from January 2017 til about June 2017, but there is no "official update" that i can find...

However...

Titanium dioxide food additive under review, after study finds cancer links

January 29 2017

Lucy Cormack

Exposure to nanoparticles of titanium dioxide and other additives has previously been shown to interfere with the immune system and cause cell damage, however such impacts remain under debate.

But a study by the French National Institute for Agricultural Research, recently published in the journal Nature, has shown for the first time that titanium dioxide nanoparticles are absorbed by the intestine and passed into the bloodstream of animals after oral exposure.

Researchers on the study exposed rats to regular oral doses of titanium dioxide for 100 days, in quantities reflecting that experienced by humans through food consumption.

Their results determined that chronic oral exposure led to a non-malignant stage of carcinogenesis, the process of normal cells becoming cancer cells, in 40 per cent of exposed animals.

www.smh.com.au...

edit on 17-12-2017 by ElectricUniverse because: correct excerpt.

posted on Dec, 17 2017 @ 11:58 PM
link   

No...the problem is trying to find an official source that is uptodate... The EU was reviewing titanium oxide from January 2017 til about June 2017, but there is no "official update" that i can find...

And the date of that Buzzfeed article?

edit on 12/18/2017 by Phage because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join