It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This is what the majority of Israelis think of Christians

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 16 2017 @ 07:44 PM
link   
a reply to: JoshuaCox

They are not being ostracized for believing I Jesus. They are being ostracized for claiming to be Jews after converting to Christianity.

Really???

I have friends who are Jews and come from a Jewish background, I can tell you for nothing that Jews on the whole don't care, if you are coming back to the fold so to speak they forgive you your deviation and welcome you back with open loving arms.
edit on 452017SaturdaypmSat, 16 Dec 2017 19:45:45 -06007America/Chicago162017 by solargeddon because: typos

posted on Dec, 16 2017 @ 07:45 PM
link   
a reply to: whywhynot

What about freedom of religion

posted on Dec, 16 2017 @ 08:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

What about it. Everyone in Israel is free to worship or not as they please.

posted on Dec, 16 2017 @ 08:20 PM
link   
a reply to: solargeddon

Taking the Christian biblical account as truth means your no longer a religious Jew..

You can still be a genetic Jew and still be a Christian ..

You cannot be a religious Jew and believe in Jesus..

The Jewish interpretation of what constitutes a messiah and/or Jewish prophecy is completely the different from the Christianities venue of what a messiah is and/or what the prophecies foretold..

posted on Dec, 16 2017 @ 08:23 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

They are Christians to everyone except other Christians.. the Christians pretend they are still Jewish to validate the Christian interpretation of Judaism..

Which Jews vehemently disagree with..

posted on Dec, 16 2017 @ 08:24 PM
link   

Once you believe the Jews got it wrong and Christianity got it right.. you are no longer a religious Jew.. you are now a Christian ..

edit on 16-12-2017 by JoshuaCox because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2017 @ 08:55 PM
link   
There is this dichotomy, the western christian tradition expounds jesus the messaih, a Jew, born in Bethlehem. Americans and Europeans are taught to defend the Holy Land and Gods Chosen , at any cost. In a week the churches throughout the realm will echo to Silent Night.

And they don't even believe in Jesus as Messiah.

They laughing at you Christendom.

posted on Dec, 16 2017 @ 08:57 PM
link   
The title of this thread should read: I hate Jews.

Take this cap back to /pol

posted on Dec, 16 2017 @ 09:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: solargeddon
a reply to: AMPTAH

They really should listen to Jesus.

100% wrong, Jewish people don't acknowledge Jesus as being anybody in the same way as Christians do.

Jesus was a Jew end of.

Judaism is the Old Testement, not the new, so no Jewish people shouldn't listen to Jesus as to them he was just another Jew at best.

It's right there in the Old Testament.

But this shall be the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel; After those days, saith the LORD, I will put my law in their inward parts, and write it in their hearts; and will be their God, and they shall be my people. -- KJV, Jeremiah 31:33

And they shall teach no more every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the LORD: for they shall all know me, from the least of them unto the greatest of them, saith the LORD: for I will forgive their iniquity, and I will remember their sin no more. -- KJV, Jeremiah 31:34

It is in the Old Testament that the LORD promised the time would come when he would "forgive sin", and "put the law in their inward parts" , so that they would know the LORD, and would be able to recognize his words without having to be "taught" by others.

Jesus came to fulfill this old testament promise. Our sins are forgiven. And we recognise the "truth" in the word of the LORD on hearing it, without need for detailed "instruction".

That's exactly what Jesus refers to again in the scriptures,

Why do ye not understand my speech? even because ye cannot hear my word. -- KJV, John 8:43

Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do... -- KJV, John 8:44

Basically, if the LORD has not yet "put his law into the inward parts" of a person, that person cannot understand the words of Jesus.

Until the LORD puts his law into them, they are neither Jews, nor Christians.

And when he does, they will see, that Jews and Christians are "one and the same."

posted on Dec, 16 2017 @ 09:20 PM
link   
a reply to: nwtrucker

It’s common knowledge to ANYONE who has ever done ANY looking into messianic Jews..

It’s on the wiki page even..

posted on Dec, 16 2017 @ 09:22 PM
link   
a reply to: whywhynot

The Muslims likely just do the same as the Jews and consider them Christians...

Wait a second..

The Muslims do believe in Jesus lol..

He is their 2# religious figure behind Mohammad. So actually they would likely fit right in..

Except for all the crap each religion gives any denomination that has slightly different beliefs.
edit on 16-12-2017 by JoshuaCox because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2017 @ 09:44 PM
link   
a reply to: AMPTAH

Is that the Jewish translation of that passage??

They are not exactly the same..

“33 And no longer shall one teach his neighbor or [shall] one [teach] his brother, saying, "Know the Lord," for they shall all know Me from their smallest to their greatest, says the Lord, for I will forgive their iniquity and their sin I will no longer remember.”

34 So said the Lord, Who gives the sun to illuminate by day, the laws of the moon and the stars to illuminate at night, Who stirs up the sea and its waves roar, the Lord of Hosts is His name.

Man those weren’ t close at all really..

posted on Dec, 16 2017 @ 09:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Revolution9

So you have actual statistics? Or is this hyperbole?

posted on Dec, 16 2017 @ 09:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

There is this dichotomy, the western christian tradition expounds jesus the messaih, a Jew, born in Bethlehem. Americans and Europeans are taught to defend the Holy Land and Gods Chosen , at any cost. In a week the churches throughout the realm will echo to Silent Night.

And they don't even believe in Jesus as Messiah.

They laughing at you Christendom.

They don't.

Prophecy says they will. Actually prophecy says that everyone in the world will confess He is Lord.

However, just because all will eventually acknowledge that does not mean that all will be saved, and only a remnant of the Chosen people will be saved. That also is in prophecy, but that Land is God's own for His people, all of them, even those who are grafted in, and they come from every people and nation.

So that is why Christians defend the Holy Land and her people.

posted on Dec, 16 2017 @ 09:59 PM
link   

You need to read your old Testament. There are so many verses proving Jesus is the one and only Messiah it's unreal.

I'll list them if you want.

posted on Dec, 16 2017 @ 10:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: silo13

You need to read your old Testament. There are so many verses proving Jesus is the one and only Messiah it's unreal.

I'll list them if you want.

It's not that they don't; it's that the Jews did not get the fulfilments in the way they expected.

That's the danger of playing with prophecy. You get it in your head that it must fulfill a certain way, and if it doesn't but fulfills nonetheless, you run the risk of not believing.

However, I'm sure the Muslims would tell us the same although I missed the prophecies that foretell Mohammad.

posted on Dec, 16 2017 @ 10:32 PM
link   
a reply to: JoshuaCox

Islam believes Jesus was a prophet and messenger of God. Christians believe Jesus is the actual living son of God. Huge difference to folks in those religions.

posted on Dec, 16 2017 @ 10:36 PM
link   
a reply to: silo13

And the Jews would tell you of all of the Old Testament passages that tell you he is not.

That my friend is why there are so many different faiths all with their own interpretation of those same passages.

posted on Dec, 16 2017 @ 10:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: silo13
a reply to: Revolution9

You're wrong. Israel, soon, will be the center of the world. Very soon.

The time is now. Israel already thinks it's the centre of the world. It's sorely mistaken though....

posted on Dec, 16 2017 @ 11:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Revolution9
The callous and violent way they have behaved is intolerable. They have been by far the most aggressive and oppressive nation on the earth since the 1950s.

More aggressive than our own United States, who has been in a perpetual state of war since our inception? More aggressive than the Soviet Union, who invaded the entire Eastern Block?
More oppressive than Saudi Arabia, where women cannot drive? More oppressive than North Korea, where the internet is restricted?

Methinks you engage in too much hyperbole. Certainly Israel is a hypocritical apartheid nation, but not even close to your exaggeration.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join