It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Litecoin what do you think?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 17 2017 @ 06:25 PM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

I will be getting some Dogecoin for the very reason you mention... it's at a half of a penny right now... .005 cents... hahaha.

And maybe some Electroneum at .07. I just like the charting and price... I will likely try to forget they're even there with how little they are moved on.
edit on 17-12-2017 by ttobban because: added comment

posted on Dec, 17 2017 @ 06:34 PM
link   

You might want to remove your banking information from coinbase and use credit cards instead. You don't want your banking information on the exchange in case they get hacked, and it's much much faster to move from the card. I just pay the card off immediately after I transfer to coinbase.

posted on Dec, 17 2017 @ 06:36 PM
link   
a reply to: ttobban

Are you going to mine Electroneum ?

posted on Dec, 17 2017 @ 06:40 PM
link   

Your right, a CC is much faster. I tried to use the bank but it was laughable slow and more costly that a credit card. So I never transferred any money into Coinbase.

posted on Dec, 17 2017 @ 06:56 PM
link   

No mining... just sitting on the free investment is all.

Since I chart trade a lot, I am trying to soak in the patterns and find trends. Like Ripple is in correction right now... when it comes back down to what I guess is about .50 to .60, I will get back in with a heavier stake then prior for the next impulse. Chart surfing is all I do, and there's a good idea of where most of these are going... that's up. When the impulses are high, I am dumping... when the the waters are level, I am buying up for future waves.

We can pretty much find .07 cents by looking down anymore... I think I am settled with 500 coins for under $40. If it goes away tomorrow, I will barely notice... but I will certainly notice if it jumps 1000% in a couple years.

posted on Dec, 17 2017 @ 09:09 PM
link   

Very true.

I have not gotten into any of the chart reading yet. Did you do a video or how did you learn?

posted on Dec, 17 2017 @ 09:20 PM
link   
I have a coinbase account and a coinpot account but neither of those have ripple or potcoin or cardano.

Is there a good wallet I can purchase all three at? Ill put a few hundo between the 3 and let it sit there.

posted on Dec, 17 2017 @ 09:37 PM
link   
a reply to: notsure1

Bittrex has all 3 coins-please-please do a ton of research. I only play with $$ I will not cry too hard if I loose.

I bought some bitcoin and moved it to Bittrex. It isn't cheap, I think I paid $17 to buy the coin and another $17 to transfer. If I remember the prices right-and I don't think I am. They bone you pretty hard.

ttobban was talking about Robinhood. Here is the part from ttobban's post:

I also started using this free trading app called Robinhood. The fees are what eat people up usually, and I started growing a dinky $150 account. I say that because that article I linked about overstock taught me that it's one of the largest online retailers that accepts bitcoin. Well, I nudged over to the stock price, and low and behold bitcoin is being spent in troves apparently at overstock with the recent gains, because it was up 11% alone on Friday. I am shifting my trade to that stock first thing in the morning. Free stock trades are another home run of a find for me...

It is worth looking into if you are doing alot of trading.

edit on 17-12-2017 by seasonal because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2017 @ 09:50 PM
link   

I started to learn charting when I seen that most traders suffered from the emotional syndromes of investing into something not fully known about. Well, I just started noticing trends... the trends started to expand and I was able to tune better into strategies to lessen losses while maximizing gains. I also will study any and every angle I can. I don't get too absorbed into the knowledge coming in... just kind of look for the people's tidbits that match my style. Each and every trader will trade differently, so it's important to develop a strategy and remove every bit of emotions from it.

ethlend.io...

I just bought into this one a few minutes ago, because I stumbled onto it from a youtube video. This is an ETH based lending progran that just launched a couple weeks ago. Its a peer to peer lending network that is backed by the platform. It just launched a few weeks ago, it will be rolling out stages through 2019, it's attached to ETH, and its .07 right now... I just got 300 of them, as its still a newborn.

I am using coinmarketcap.com to monitor what a coin is tranding like. I leave 2 pages of it open... compare the recent one to the refreshed one and do the math. If I see it's about to swing high and it hust came out of a pull back... it's only a few cents to move for the investment. That's where this stuff is a game changer... the fees to trade are almost gone now, and I am still trading at 10:30 at night.

I almost wonder if the Bitcoin community is going to mess with the futures trading. I feel there is already a large pool of funds set aside to offset the damage Wall St. tries to do it during business hours. The crypto might just get offset at night... but I will already be watching for trends.

For instance... in the trading market I noticed that the charts move most in the first 2-3 hours, then they lay flat, then the people that lost are trying to get their losses back at the tail end or their greedy. So, I only trade the 1st 2 hours or so then I don't care about what happens the rest of the day. The cannabis market is trending like the crypto market is all. I am making a buy on ERBB tomorrow on stocks because it's 1/10 of one penny right now... an ATS member gave me that one. Check out the Ethlend (LEND) though... it could be one that interests you.

I m just an odd bird in that I am relentless about learning when it interests me. I don't read books, I just trust my instincts, decide, and see where it puts me. If I like the results, I make moves to improve... if I don't, I go backwards.

posted on Dec, 17 2017 @ 09:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: seasonal

Bittrex has all 3 coins-please-please do a ton of research. I only play with $$ I will not cry too hard if I loose.

I bought some bitcoin and moved it to Bittrex. It isn't cheap, I think I paid $17 to buy the coin and another $17 to transfer. If I remember the prices right-and I don't think I am. They bone you pretty hard.

ttobban was talking about Robinhood. Here is the part from ttobban's post:

I also started using this free trading app called Robinhood. The fees are what eat people up usually, and I started growing a dinky $150 account. I say that because that article I linked about overstock taught me that it's one of the largest online retailers that accepts bitcoin. Well, I nudged over to the stock price, and low and behold bitcoin is being spent in troves apparently at overstock with the recent gains, because it was up 11% alone on Friday. I am shifting my trade to that stock first thing in the morning. Free stock trades are another home run of a find for me...

It is worth looking into if you are doing alot of trading.

I dont know anything really I have done no trading. I Would not even know how lol. At coinbase I opened an account a few weeks ago. Bought a few hundred in BC it was at 10 600 spent a hundred on lite coin it ws at 91$ and a hunderd ethereum

It was at like 490.

They are all way up . LOL I dont even know how to turn it back into actual $$ But I really dont want to yet.

II wanna let it sit there and see if they keep skyrocketing.

Thats why I wanna get a littlet of these other 3 just to let it sit there while I try and learn ALOT of SHI.. lol

posted on Dec, 17 2017 @ 09:58 PM
link   

This video gives you a pretty good idea of how to get the bitcoin to Bittrex. (I don't know what I am doing either)

posted on Dec, 17 2017 @ 09:59 PM
link   

www.bittrex.com or www.binance.com would be my advice. Binance will likely be the mainstay in time, but most people use Bittrex. I would try to only transfer to those exchanges with ETH or LTC while passing a light amount of funds. You can transfer between the 3 on the exchange. Some of the Altcoins have to be transferred before being bought. If you look at which one the exchange is trading for prior, it may save you some transfer fees. I try to only put into Bitcoin... because it's expensive... Litecoin and Etherium are the 2 I prefer to move around.

Robinhood is for trading liquid stocks and USD only.

Also, if you use a link on a youtube video, you will get a discount on purchase fees. I am currently getting 50% off trades as a promo
edit on 17-12-2017 by ttobban because: added comment

posted on Dec, 17 2017 @ 10:09 PM
link   

So at coinbase I used my CC to purchase all three coins. Can I use my cc at bittrex to purchase without transferring from somewhere else?

posted on Dec, 17 2017 @ 10:09 PM
link   

If I understand your post, Litecoin and Eth are less $$ to transfer from coinbase to bittrex?

I am going to start to look at the charts-and you are correct. I noticed that after a big gain there is some bouncing up and down with selling and buying. Then it seems to come to rest in an area that is somewhat stable. But I have not been looking for very long.

posted on Dec, 17 2017 @ 10:22 PM
link   

This should cover the set up. You will need to use them in tandem. Coinbase should be considered the way to get the crypto. The Bittrex and binance exchanges are for Altcoins, but will require the main 3 to to purchase with...

Now, I am only moving good gains to Bitcoin that I don't want to touch... or as little as possible. It's the slowest and most expensive. The ETH & LTC move much quicker and are a fraction of the cost. If I put anymore cash from my CC to crypto, I send in ETH and LTC only into my coinbase account. The two way streets of transfers will start to make more sense as you shift your first cryptos around. Soon enough, you'll be moving gains back and forth... reducing losses... easy peasy.

posted on Dec, 17 2017 @ 10:30 PM
link   

Yes, that's why the BTC is for people that were in it before it jumped up. They are already wealthy and are using free money to transfer. Us little players need to stick to LTC and ETH until we catch up in gains. Not to mention, BTC's charting can't keep up with this trend without a correction sometime soon. LTC & ETH are more likely to boom, so you will want to be with them anyway. Put $100 into all 3 and check the charges... BTC will be north of $10 in fees, ETH will be in the middle, and LTC will be penny's.

I have been noticing crypto charts have 3 lines, and that we are seemingly enjoying the ones that have a higher market cap rating than USD & BTC prices... I am now watching to see if that is a trend to care about or not. Look at XRP... the cap rating is way above the price... I feel its because business' that want in can't yet until next year... I would almost bet that that blue line will be met within 20 days, which should put it in the #1.11 range in a month. Look on the 7 day band...

coinmarketcap.com...

posted on Dec, 17 2017 @ 10:32 PM
link   

, you'll be moving gains back and forth... reducing losses... easy peasy.

LOL. not easy peasy, It is all very very confusing , And there is a ton to learn. I start reading about blockchains , and future trading and bulls and bears and different wallet's and different coins and mining and faucets sites ,and I swear my head is gonna explode.

I just want to put some $$ in and get rich lol..

posted on Dec, 17 2017 @ 10:40 PM
link   

Well, you might get away with clicking mouse buttons and getting rich... but it won't come without work or learning these new languages. I am only a few months into this, and I am only sleeping 3-4 hours a night because I can't shut off. I have been thinking headaches into reality on a daily basis with this stuff... god only knows what my brain shoved aside as I dive in.

This invention is going to change the entire way finances operate, and it will be well worth using the patience to learn all these new things. Trust me... when you start seeing the gains, you will be skipping meals to focus more on this stuff. In fact, I have not eaten all day and think I will retire for the night here. Start listening to youtube videos in the background while you do other things... it keeps me learning any busy doing other things, that's for sure.

posted on Dec, 17 2017 @ 10:54 PM
link   

Just so I am on the same page with you, are you talking about the 32 Billion/.80cent blue line on the 7 day cart for XRP?

I never really paid attention to the graphs, much. Of course I looked at them but not to answer any questions or give me an idea of what is what.

So far I looked into a hardware wallet called Ledger nano S-it won't store the new coins. It has stellar-bit-lite, but no Cardano or dog or any of the less recognized coins. I am going to research more tomorrow.

posted on Dec, 17 2017 @ 11:19 PM
link   

Yes... see on the left side, how the 3 bars are parallel, then they mish mosh for a while as it jumps up, and now is back to equally spaced? That means that I am looking for it to jump up again here soon.

You're seeing the trends... they will become more easily seen now that you're looking for them. They at least tell a story... outside of that its 100% speculation. If they can decrease speculation 3%, we are lessening the odds of loss.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join