It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Litecoin what do you think?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 16 2017 @ 07:31 PM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

No kidding... only the nuggets are 1's and 0's. This statement from McAfee was almost solely responsible for my peaked interest in cryptocurrency. There needs to be some solid convictions and or knowledge about something to promise to eat one's own manhood on live TV!

www.rt.com...enis-bitcoin-price/

It's the main reason I am moving gains to more steady investments... particularly the Canadian cannabis market. Canada will be going fully legal in a half a year, and will be the first modernized country to remove the law reigns of the growing cannabis markets. As the rest of the world starts opening up the medical programs, Canadian cannabis companies will be locking up the government contracts throughout Europe. There's only one way for the cannabis market in Canada, and it involves liquid assets. As much as I love this crypto movement, I still require liquidity as a foundation.

posted on Dec, 16 2017 @ 07:33 PM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

Proof of use, like Ripple being used by over 100 banks. As far as I can tell Cardano is not in the real world. Yet.

And I am still waiting for my wire transfer of bitcoin to my wallet to by some Cardano.... It seems to be an excellent idea that has a great team backing it.

edit on 16-12-2017 by seasonal because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2017 @ 07:35 PM
link   
a reply to: ttobban

Grats to you. I've tried...and failed...the failed again at the trading game. I don't have the patience or access to be "in it" consistently. I get to buy and hold. Trade the obvious. Rinse wash, repeat.

It is coming. 20k BTC soon and that big 1 trillion crypto marketcap (lol). It's a fun ride.

posted on Dec, 16 2017 @ 07:38 PM
link   

Ah, ok actual use cases. You're right. Cardano is still not decentralized as we speak. Q1/2 2018 as well as the PoS mechanisms. Their github is extremely active and there is no reason the goals will not be realized, however end of the day, it's still calculated risk. I may capitulate and buy some, idk. I just don't like the idea behind the whole Ripple project from 2014-now.

I hope you're using BTC you already owned and didn't buy it to trade! Those tx prices are insane.

posted on Dec, 16 2017 @ 07:39 PM
link   

Is the Potcoin a investment in the Canadian market?

posted on Dec, 16 2017 @ 07:40 PM
link   
a reply to: CharlesT

I agree with you wholly. But, I am adding involvement with new ventures with gains. I've essentially been paid so far, so it could all get wiped out tomorrow and I could care less. I am interested in the scam aspects of it too, and your link is bad. I will likely pursue it anyway since it's just a free opportunity to learn more about the subject.

So far I like how it has a built in circuit breaker that locks access to moves for 2 hours if people try to pull too much out of the BCC. I also like how it has the supply/demand aspects built into it. Its kind of tough to dump 10 million of something that nobody is trying to buy. It seems like it can be volatilem but quick to regulate itself as well.

What are the aspects that are scam worthy? Thanks for contributing... I'd like to find info I'm missing now rather than later?

posted on Dec, 16 2017 @ 07:45 PM
link   

A little of both for funding the new purchases.

We have a very very very diversified investment strategy including hard assets, tangible assets, Wallstreet and now we are dabbling in crypto.

We have returned HUGE on Stellar Lumens-but not really because we haven't sold.

I hate to trade the Bitcoin for Cardano but I think it is going to be a real asset in the future. It's all risk and is played with money we have agreed can go to zero and no tears will be shed and no bellies will go empty.

posted on Dec, 16 2017 @ 07:47 PM
link   

I'm assuming you used your already held BTC instead of USD/BTC. I buy a little weekly and use ETH or LTC. Use whatever I plan for my current coins and then the remainder goes into another wallet. Buying BTC is just super encumbering and expensive compared.

posted on Dec, 16 2017 @ 07:50 PM
link   

No, the Potcoin is only $.30 about now. I feel the U.S. banking systems fails to provide proper channels for the cannabis industry in medical and full access approved states. Because the feds have regulation around it, the banks are nervous to let the cannabis companies use their platforms. Take a trip to a cannabis operation, and they all have 6 foot tall safes full of cash, security measures out the wazoo, and added rules to fit what government is slow to react to. Combine all those factors, and $.30 for a cannabis crypto is severely undervalued. My Potcoin push is to circumvent U.S. banking shortcomings only.

There's 2 companies in the Canadian cannabis market that I feel may become the Amazon/Walmart of cannabis. One company is called Canopy Growth and the other is called Aurora Cannabis. They are stocks that are under $20 now, but could be worth a few hundred each share in 10 years time. There is almost no bad choice for Canadian cannabis stocks... the amount of capital headed north now is only topped by this crypto push.

posted on Dec, 16 2017 @ 07:59 PM
link   
Fees are usually what eat people up in trading. That's the beauty of this crypto movement, and I am glad you were on the winning end of it! Wall street thrives off of small fees and holdings adding up to be a lot. Crypto remoes middle man fees, and will always be superior to trading professionals. I am glad crypto is breaking down middle man fees.

posted on Dec, 16 2017 @ 08:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI

Bitconnect has been touted as a scam from the get-go. So many articles and videos out there as testament. However, there are plenty that are making money with it. It's how ponzi's work I suppose.

Either way, folks are making money, while its there to be made.

The trick is to get out while the getting is good....

posted on Dec, 16 2017 @ 08:10 PM
link   

Looking forward to what 2018 brings. Much of the speculated tech should be realized and we can see the fruits of this in more ways than one.

posted on Dec, 16 2017 @ 08:12 PM
link   

Oh, this will be great news for you then:
www.stellar.org...

Look at all those partnerships.

posted on Dec, 16 2017 @ 08:13 PM
link   

edit on 16-12-2017 by seasonal because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2017 @ 08:16 PM
link   

More homework, thanks. This is one of the problems/blessings to the crypto-sphere so much info. Lots and lots of reading and decisions.

posted on Dec, 16 2017 @ 08:29 PM
link   
My desktop crashed last week. I HAVE NO FAITH IN 1's AND 0's

posted on Dec, 16 2017 @ 09:02 PM
link   

Hate to break it to you. But your bank account, 401k, health care insurance, auto insurance, and if you paid taxes are all basically 1's and 0's. Paper is a back up in some instances but not all.

It's the world we live in.

posted on Dec, 16 2017 @ 10:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: seasonal

Hate to break it to you. But your bank account, 401k, health care insurance, auto insurance, and if you paid taxes are all basically 1's and 0's. Paper is a back up in some instances but not all.

It's the world we live in.

Like I said, I don't depend on 1's and 0's.

Yes, I do use 1's and 0's but don't depend on them 100%.
edit on 2017-12-16T22:30:27-06:0010pmSat, 16 Dec 2017 22:30:27 -0600SaturdayAmerica/Chicago2731 by CharlesT because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2017 @ 10:36 PM
link   

Trust is not needed from you. Only (mandatory) acceptance.

posted on Dec, 16 2017 @ 11:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: seasonal

Trust is not needed from you. Only (mandatory) acceptance.

I have never followed the heard and have learned through experience to trust no one. Eventually, under certain circumstances anyone will betray their closest. Just as in nature, even a mother animal will sacrifice its offspring to predators for self survival.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join