It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump says he'll militarize local police, takes jab at Obama administration

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 15 2017 @ 06:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

originally posted by: luthier

originally posted by: xuenchen
Chicago:

2017 so far:

Shot & Killed: 603
Shot & Wounded: 2851
Total Shot: 3454
Total Homicides: 652

Not enough police to begin with.

The Jackass Site

And too many corrupt

Chicago has over 12000 police.

How many are corrupt enough to make those crime stats ?

Depends right?

If they look the other way or help drug trade it doesn't take many.

If they are detectives or police chiefs high ranking?

Oh well your right more equip will solve it

edit on 15-12-2017 by luthier because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2017 @ 06:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks
a reply to: links234

for some reason

I don't know what's worse, Trump militarizing the police force, or him not understanding why it's a bad idea.

I said so many years ago against the naysayers that said we would never be police state that all they need to do is create a boogey man and to divide the populace and the oligarch would have their wish.

Now we have cops dressed up in military gear storming homes and shooting down unarmed people and tossing flash grenades in babies cribs and some are still not awake.

posted on Dec, 15 2017 @ 06:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: gortex

Military equipment for use against its own citizens ,...

No, Military equipment for use against criminals.

posted on Dec, 15 2017 @ 06:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: gortex

Military equipment for use against its own citizens , God bless Murica.
Police State ... ?

Let’s see, the thugs carry uzi’s or similar...of course local police shoukd carry 6-round .38’s and stun gun. When are you volunteering for the policing profession?

posted on Dec, 15 2017 @ 06:23 PM
link   
A good deal of you "pro" police folks are completely oblivious to reality.

Police need reform and support. They are a disaster as far as their personal day to day and the effects on their lives.

Call me a hater. I want better pay, better screening, better training, better rotation, better psychological support, nor one glorifying the position seems to know anything about the reality.

Sure give them more stuff that will solve it. Don't spend money on the officers. Buy them stuff they don't even know how to use. They can't even properly use the crappy stuff they have.

Most. Don't even own their own guns. That's a real Stat.

posted on Dec, 15 2017 @ 06:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
Anyone that's taken a good look at modern American society shouldn't have a problem with it.

From Ferguson to protesting private citizens running to become president to protesting 'white supremacists'.

To everday city life in urban utopias like Chicago.

If people think the cops should be dressing like Barney Fife.

They need to take their rose colored glasses off at take a good long hard look at 'Murica.

Anyone who understands police unions and the terrible training, pay, rotation, aptitude, marksmanship, ohysical fitness, and iq caps should think twice about spending on equipment.

Most of you are clueless and glorify a situation you have no understanding of.

Police unions are a protected class.
All other unions in the public sector are fair game for attack!
Unions in the private sector are down to 15%, Mission accomplished!

posted on Dec, 15 2017 @ 06:26 PM
link   
Having read that article and looking at the country as a whole the following can be stated:

This is a bad idea for different reasons. The first happens to be the police. The amount of bad pr that the police have gotten in the past year, is harsh, given that it is evident that far too often the police tend to be borderline abusing their position and authority.

While this is not all of the police, but a few, however, when the other officers do nothing, say nothing, or even stop such from happening. And those that do, are often forced to leave the service, being viewed as wrong or betraying the others. That is a sign of a corrupt system right there, to protect their own, believing they are the law or above the law.

Combine this with the NRA that keeps pushing to allow any and all firearms out there, as it is within the constitution of the USA, and part of the 2nd amendment, where any sort of control laws are discouraged and all people can have such, or those that they approve of, where as others are viewed with distrust and need the police.

This is not the answer, it is the product of a set of bad ideas and laws that has resulted in many of the problems that we see today. And it could get worse. First the police get ahold of this equipment, and what is to stop it from escalating, when those who are not apart of the police start wanting or getting ahold of such? In short now there is an arms race right on the streets of the country, where one side gets a bigger gun and then the other gets one and so on. How long till someone in the NRA looks and says they want such and then uses the NRA to fight and demand to have access and the same weapon and possibly wins in court, thus opening up a whole new batch of weapons on the street, or manufacturers start making weapons that resemble and are similar but just a tad different from the military version due to the high demand?

posted on Dec, 15 2017 @ 06:27 PM
link   

a reply to: neo96

Sure I used work with police in hand to hand training, and my best friend and assistant wrestling coach is an officer, he also dislikes going out with fat lazy cops.

Read the stats. It's embarrassing.

Have you ever fired a police weighted trigger? Any idea why they are so heavy?

Their a protected class

posted on Dec, 15 2017 @ 06:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: jacobe001

originally posted by: neo96
Anyone that's taken a good look at modern American society shouldn't have a problem with it.

From Ferguson to protesting private citizens running to become president to protesting 'white supremacists'.

To everday city life in urban utopias like Chicago.

If people think the cops should be dressing like Barney Fife.

They need to take their rose colored glasses off at take a good long hard look at 'Murica.

Anyone who understands police unions and the terrible training, pay, rotation, aptitude, marksmanship, ohysical fitness, and iq caps should think twice about spending on equipment.

Most of you are clueless and glorify a situation you have no understanding of.

Police unions are a protected class.
All other unions in the public sector are fair game for attack!
Unions in the private sector are down to 15%, Mission accomplished!

Very true. Police unions can do no wrong.

posted on Dec, 15 2017 @ 06:29 PM
link   
For those in this thread that can’t figure it out, it’s not about militarizing police forces. It’s about local police being armed “at least” as well as the thugs they are expected to control.

Don’t know about you, but I sure wouldn’t want to enter a den of gang bangers, all armed with machine pistols and all I’m carrying is a .38 or 9mm pistol. About the only way that would work is if I had enough restraints to get them under control while they were all rolling around laughing at me and pointing...

posted on Dec, 15 2017 @ 06:31 PM
link   
a reply to: luthier

You just seemed overly critical of them and they don't deserve it while they place their lives on the line every day for you and me.

Yes, more training is always a good thing. I'll never argue with that.

posted on Dec, 15 2017 @ 06:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Lab4Us

.38's are not used.

They don't even train properly to use 9mm under stress a rifle isn't going to help.

posted on Dec, 15 2017 @ 06:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blaine91555
a reply to: luthier

You just seemed overly critical of them and they don't deserve it while they place their lives on the line every day for you and me.

Yes, more training is always a good thing. I'll never argue with that.

Opinions like yours like yours are what prevents them from getting the proper training.

You are all for it. But don't advocate for it or know why and the effects of bad training.

So you are part of the problem. Whether you known it or not.
edit on 15-12-2017 by luthier because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2017 @ 06:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lab4Us
For those in this thread that can’t figure it out, it’s not about militarizing police forces. It’s about local police being armed “at least” as well as the thugs they are expected to control.

Don’t know about you, but I sure wouldn’t want to enter a den of gang bangers, all armed with machine pistols and all I’m carrying is a .38 or 9mm pistol. About the only way that would work is if I had enough restraints to get them under control while they were all rolling around laughing at me and pointing...

DUDE!

If they make guns illegal, then criminals won't have them any more because it'd be against the law!

SMH!

edit on 15-12-2017 by DBCowboy because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2017 @ 06:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

originally posted by: Lab4Us

DUDE!

If they make guns illegal, then criminals won't have them any more because it'd be agaionst the law!

SMH!

Yeah give them more guns they will automatically know how to use them under duress...

How about spend money on the officers first get that taken care of.

posted on Dec, 15 2017 @ 06:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blaine91555
Isn't it interesting how some try to make it sound as though the police are rolling down our streets in tanks, when that is simply not true?

Reality is we are talking about things like armored vehicles for SWAT units and the like. You know, a way to approach armed people who are shooting, throwing rocks or bricks and bottles, with a little protection.

Should they just stop wearing face shields, body armor or using safe vehicles and suffer casualties just for the optics? Is the real goal, more dead cops?

This is just silly.

For those who have never been to the US, you are being badly mislead, so please don't take away from this stuff we are in a police state as it's a bald faced lie. No such thing is happening here. All that is happening is sharing equipment to help the police be safer with things their budgets can't cover.

Have to disagree.
The number of swat teams has ballooned while violent crime is way down.
The militarization also increased during the same time period at a time of declining crime.

Swat Teams are now used for everything under the sun.
Our European Readers have google so they can see through the BS.

www.washingtonpost.com...

The Watch

Shedding light on the use of SWAT teams

• Since the law passed in 2009, the data have consistently shown that on average there are about 4.5 SWAT raids each day in Maryland.

• Prince George’s County alone averaged well over one SWAT raid each day in 2012 (510 in total).

• In 2012, nearly 90 percent of the SWAT raids in Maryland were to serve search warrants.

• About two of every three SWAT raids used forced entry.

• Half the SWAT deployments in 2012 were for “Part II” crimes, the nonviolent class of crimes. The vast majority of those raids were to serve search warrants on people suspected of drug offenses.

That is far beyond the profile swat teams were deployed for in the past.

posted on Dec, 15 2017 @ 06:39 PM
link   
a reply to: 38181

Exactly! Cops don't need to be a "commando" unit. The "perp" already knows you/they're there! F! If the "law" is on "your side"? A clown suite will do. But I get it, every government trained civilian wants to be a Soldier or at least a basic marine. Hence the "search warrant", "lights" and a "PA system". However, I do not agree with the "black" uniform. No reason for it in law enforcement.. If they want to "go home to their families" after a "work shift"? I wouldn't "ninja up", but use some "sick time" or PTO... And sit it out. When cops actually need "battle dress"? We're so screwed as a nation.

posted on Dec, 15 2017 @ 06:40 PM
link   
"Stand up and crawl, walk, skip, with your hands on under your head back, pothead!"

*que the napalm

"cccccccccccsssshhhhhhhccccccc aahhhh, my flesh, I'm melting"

Thanks Trumpy

posted on Dec, 15 2017 @ 06:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: smurfy

originally posted by: seeker1963

Guess who voted for and approved the militarization of our police????

The Congressional Black Caucus!!!

Did you see the idiot from Chicago begging for UN Military to come to Chicago to protect them??? lol But it's all TRUMP! Right?

Why do you always talk rubbish, the police have been 'militarized' since at least the 1930's to combat criminals, and criminal cabals who have always proliferated in the US. Mass rioting in the 1960's increased the high powered weoponry on a state basis, pretty much as it is now, it's the states who arm their police. In 1981 The Military Cooperation with Civilian Law Enforcement Agencies Act allowed police access to military equipment, and since 9/11 it has snowballed,forby the amount of homeland security equipment.
These days, it is a matter of great concern that just about every protest group is considered subversive.
Only an idiot wouldn't see things are seriously out of hand.
Now Trump wants to play politics, (and again knock Obama) with policing..Meh! not too hard to by the looks of it, when there are people like you about.

BTW,Trump made some disparaging remarks about the FBI before that ceremony, then licked arses when he was there, the two -faced bastard. Yuk!

Violent Crime is lower but the NWO Corporate Globalists want to the keep the citizens in check as we devolve to third world status.

Ever notice the same ones that want less regulations for monopolies and Big Business want more regulations and freedom restrictions on citizens.

That is what happens under Fascism.
Read my sig.

The protected business class rules and everyone below them are subordinates
edit on 15-12-2017 by jacobe001 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2017 @ 06:45 PM
link   
If this was 3 years ago, and the prior President saying we need to militarize the police (give them more force), im fairly certain we'd have 75-80% outrage and fear of the oppressive government coming for us.

This is a bad idea for so many reasons, yes the police need to be armed, but I think its important they are well paid, well trained, and psychologically fit, and I think in a lot of areas we have failed in that area. I can ensure this will only increase tensions, ego, and fear.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join