It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump says he'll militarize local police, takes jab at Obama administration

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 15 2017 @ 05:22 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

It's a bigger problem when for the last 9 years the police have been declared the enemy.

Is that going to change or improve by having the army on the streets , just because they wear different uniform doesn't change the signal it sends when they're in a tank or APC.

posted on Dec, 15 2017 @ 05:23 PM
link   
a reply to: seeker1963

Sure but that doesn't change the level of police corruption.

They are hired for hits for goodness sake and get caught for it. Just Google Chicago police corruption and tell me you want those guys with military equip.

posted on Dec, 15 2017 @ 05:26 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex

What army ?

They aren't going to have rocket launchers, tanks and apache helicopters.

How bout people stopping with the histronics.

posted on Dec, 15 2017 @ 05:27 PM
link   
a reply to: luthier

Fat lazy cops ?

Obesity is genetic for quite a few.

posted on Dec, 15 2017 @ 05:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: luthier

They are hired for hits for goodness sake and get caught for it. Just Google Chicago police corruption and tell me you want those guys with military equip.

You are missing my point!!!!

Who allows them to become corrupt? Who does the chief answer too? The Mayor!!!!!!!

posted on Dec, 15 2017 @ 05:29 PM
link   
The best way to get an easily led demographic to embrace the police state is to use the "but muh Obaaaaaaama," tagline.

Priceless.

posted on Dec, 15 2017 @ 05:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: gortex

It's a bigger problem when for the last 9 years the police have been declared the enemy.

Is that going to change or improve by having the army on the streets , just because they wear different uniform doesn't change the signal it sends when they're in a tank or APC.

As a citizen of the EU who has the ARMY on your own streets for opening up your borders, what's your point?

posted on Dec, 15 2017 @ 05:31 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 15 2017 @ 05:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

Fat lazy cops ?

Obesity is genetic for quite a few.

So what. Dont be a cop your job can't have you be fat.

Should dumb rocket scientists be a thing because it's genetic?
edit on 15-12-2017 by luthier because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2017 @ 05:32 PM
link   

They aren't going to have rocket launchers, tanks and apache helicopters.

"Military equipment" could be virtually anything , we don't know what they might want but I bet armored vehicles will be in there.

posted on Dec, 15 2017 @ 05:33 PM
link   

YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH people.

A 50 year old relic!

link   

As a citizen of the EU who has the ARMY on your own streets for opening up your borders, what's your point?

I'm a citizen of the UK and we don't have the army on our streets.

link   

originally posted by: seeker1963

originally posted by: luthier

You are missing my point!!!!

Who allows them to become corrupt? Who does the chief answer too? The Mayor!!!!!!!

Didn't miss it. It doesn't matter. It is what is.

Giving corrupt cops better equip doesn't solve a thing. It wastes money and makes thing more dangerous.

posted on Dec, 15 2017 @ 05:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH people.

A 50 year old relic!

Good time to get a new one then.

posted on Dec, 15 2017 @ 05:34 PM
link   
Isn't it interesting how some try to make it sound as though the police are rolling down our streets in tanks, when that is simply not true?

Reality is we are talking about things like armored vehicles for SWAT units and the like. You know, a way to approach armed people who are shooting, throwing rocks or bricks and bottles, with a little protection.

Should they just stop wearing face shields, body armor or using safe vehicles and suffer casualties just for the optics? Is the real goal, more dead cops?

This is just silly.

For those who have never been to the US, you are being badly mislead, so please don't take away from this stuff we are in a police state as it's a bald faced lie. No such thing is happening here. All that is happening is sharing equipment to help the police be safer with things their budgets can't cover.

posted on Dec, 15 2017 @ 05:35 PM
link   

Well If I wanted a TANK I'd buy a TANK.

If I wanted an APC I'd buy an APC.

posted on Dec, 15 2017 @ 05:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: gortex

I'm a citizen of the UK and we don't have the army on our streets.

Neither do we and if you believe we do, you have been lied to. Just like where you are, only during riots and looting do we see any special equipment used and I've seen the same sort of thing in news clips where you are. Your law enforcement has the same equipment when they need it.

posted on Dec, 15 2017 @ 05:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Blaine91555

Uh not exactly it also provides weapons that they aren't trained to use properly.

Like that guy in Florida who shot the Healthcare worker with an AR aiming for the autistic man 50 yards away from him..

“When you’re in a life or death struggle, you’ve got to win that fight,” said Bryan about the importance of keeping fit.

But an estimated 80 percent of law enforcement officers are overweight, according to the FBI.

Ever try an fire a weapon with your heart pounding out of breath? I have it doesn't work real well.

posted on Dec, 15 2017 @ 05:40 PM
link   
Police need better pay and training first not toys they can't use. They can't even use the one they have.
edit on 15-12-2017 by luthier because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2017 @ 05:41 PM
link   

Reaching by picking out rare occurrences is not reality.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join