It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kansas Dem Andrea Ramsey, accused of sexual harassment, will drop out of US House race

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 15 2017 @ 11:57 AM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

You can bet Kevin Yoder would never have sexually harassed Mr. Funkhouser. That's simply not something Kevin Yoder believes in doing...

posted on Dec, 15 2017 @ 12:01 PM
link   
a reply to: muzzleflash
boo, lame! If you don't extort her she will extort you. Don't just give your body away, weaponize it like so many other women do, ahahahaha!

posted on Dec, 15 2017 @ 12:15 PM
link   

Big shoulders probably big hands - very manly...yuk

posted on Dec, 15 2017 @ 12:25 PM
link   
So basically, This is what I've gathered about our country as of the end of 2017:

If you don't like someone in office, either accuse them of sexual harassment or bring up a closed/non existent case from a decade or more ago, and VOILA! They no longer hold office, stop running, or get voted out.

posted on Dec, 15 2017 @ 12:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

its more common then you think.
HR is not there to protect you the employee, it is not there to prevent harassment, HR is there to protect the company from the employees, to cover up harassment when it does occur where it can be covered.

when HR starts telling victims to go to the police with the crimes committed against them, then we can believe HR has the employees best interests at heart, but so long as HR continues to keep such incidents "in house" hidden from public view, hidden from the justice system, then we ought to recognize their interest is not helping the victim, its silencing them.

so really it isnt surprising and is fitting that the ones leading such a department are often perpetrators themselves, fluent in the language of silencing victims.

edit on 15-12-2017 by NobodiesNormal because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2017 @ 12:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: thesaneone

originally posted by: muzzleflash

I wouldn't have rejected her advances.
If only I was her subordinate she could still be running for Congress.

Sigh...

So you like manly looking wimmin?

It all makes sense now.

Jealous?

20 + years with my soulmate so no.

Should I send you and Rosey Palm an anniversary gift?
I've picked out something just perfect for you two.

posted on Dec, 15 2017 @ 12:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheConstruKctionofLight

Big shoulders probably big hands - very manly...yuk

Those shoulders are padded so fake.

And besides, she'd need some big hands to handle ol Muzz.

posted on Dec, 15 2017 @ 12:31 PM
link   
a reply to: dothedew

That's essentially it!

No due process, just have an interview--though you must remember to charge for the time.

Evidence? Apparently, High School yearbooks are enough to be going on with. Or the interview will be enough.

I wonder if Gloria Allred will help this poor man fight against sexist behavior?

posted on Dec, 15 2017 @ 12:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: dothedew
So basically, This is what I've gathered about our country as of the end of 2017:

If you don't like someone in office, either accuse them of sexual harassment or bring up a closed/non existent case from a decade or more ago, and VOILA! They no longer hold office, stop running, or get voted out.

Exactly!

God Bless America!

posted on Dec, 15 2017 @ 12:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: seagull
a reply to: dothedew

I wonder if Gloria Allred will help this poor man fight against sexist behavior?

Hehehehe
Only if it gets her back on TV for another 15 minutes.

posted on Dec, 15 2017 @ 12:33 PM
link   

edit on 15-12-2017 by thesaneone because: Off topic

posted on Dec, 15 2017 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Sigh...

It all makes sense now.

Jealous?

Lol, she said she has told you many times to call her mom, she also said to clean your room before you and your friends can play with your bronies.

Oh I called her mom alright....
Last night.

posted on Dec, 15 2017 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Sigh...

It all makes sense now.

Jealous?

Lol, she said she has told you many times to call her mom, she also said to clean your room before you and your friends can play with your bronies.

Last night.

Lol, you realize that you just said you had sex with your mom.

posted on Dec, 15 2017 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Sigh...

It all makes sense now.

Jealous?

Last night.

Your soulmate is my mom?
Are you my dad?

posted on Dec, 15 2017 @ 01:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
Another sex related allegation against a new Candidate for Congress has taken a toll.

We have Andrea Ramsey from Kansas dropping out of the election next year.

She was apparently accused of sexual harassment and retaliation.

All exposed by a local newspaper.

She decided to quit instead of fighting.

Remember: everything starts at local levels !!

Kansas Dem Andrea Ramsey, accused of sexual harassment, will drop out of US House race

Andrea Ramsey, a Democratic candidate for Congress, will drop out of the race after the Kansas City Star asked her about accusations in a 2005 lawsuit that she sexually harassed and retaliated against a male subordinate who said he had rejected her advances.

Multiple sources with knowledge of the case told The Star that the man reached a settlement with LabOne, the company where Ramsey was executive vice president of human resources. Court documents show that the man, Gary Funkhouser, and LabOne agreed to dismiss the case permanently after mediation in 2006.

Ramsey, a 56-year-old retired business executive from Leawood, was one of the Democratic candidates vying to challenge Republican Rep. Kevin Yoder in 2018 in Kansas’ 3rd District.

Here's the reality. Much of it is power and who has it. Many people erroneously believe that if we just put more women or people of color into power, it will solve issues ranging from sexual harassment to racism to war. That tokenism ignores human psychology, history across the world, and the fact that many systems are corrupt and won't magically change based on diversity.

Going back to this case and similar, some powerful women sexually harass too, or abuse their positions in other ways. I've had probably 3 women in my life that were higher up than me and with more power, make sexual advances. Two were unwelcome. Because of one I think I experienced retaliation because of it.

#metoo

But even beyond that, some women harass or act inappropriately sexually. Just three weeks ago a coworker put her hand on my crotch after I gave her a hug. It was a somewhat flirty hug, outside of work, but she went for the gold. A male could be crucified at work for that. That story is worse than half the allegations running across the Internet right now.
edit on 15-12-2017 by Quetzalcoatl14 because: (no reason given)

edit on 15-12-2017 by Quetzalcoatl14 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2017 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Sigh...

It all makes sense now.

Jealous?

Last night.

Your soulmate is my mom?
Are you my dad?

Hell no!

posted on Dec, 15 2017 @ 01:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Quetzalcoatl14

Another sex related allegation against a new Candidate for Congress has taken a toll.

Andrea Ramsey, a Democratic candidate for Congress, will drop out of the race after the Kansas City Star asked her about accusations in a 2005 lawsuit that she sexually harassed and retaliated against a male subordinate who said he had rejected her advances.

Multiple sources with knowledge of the case told The Star that the man reached a settlement with LabOne, the company where Ramsey was executive vice president of human resources. Court documents show that the man, Gary Funkhouser, and LabOne agreed to dismiss the case permanently after mediation in 2006.

Ramsey, a 56-year-old retired business executive from Leawood, was one of the Democratic candidates vying to challenge Republican Rep. Kevin Yoder in 2018 in Kansas’ 3rd District.

Here's the reality. Much of it is power and who has it. Many people erroneously believe that if we just put more women or people of color into power, it will solve issues ranging from sexual harassment to racism to war. That tokenism ignores human psychology, history across the world, and the fact that many systems are corrupt and won't magically change based on diversity.

Going back to this case and similar, some powerful women sexually harass too, or abuse their positions in other ways. I've had probably 3 women in my life that were higher up than me and with more power, make sexual advances. Two were unwelcome. Because of one I think I experienced retaliation because of it.

#metoo

But even beyond that, some women harass or act inappropriately sexually. Just three weeks ago a coworker put her hand on my crotch after I gave her a hug. It was a somewhat flirty hug, outside of work, but she went for the gold. A male could be crucified at work for that. That story is worse than half the allegations running across the Internet right now.

Culturally, women harrassing men isn't seen as a big deal. In fact, since many men fantasize about it, it is kind of looked upon in heroic terms. If you are a teen male and bang a woman teacher, you will be getting high fives in the locker room. A male teacher banging a female student would be crucified.

Real talk, most single men would have probably tapped dat azz without a second thought. However, I can see where a married guy may be offended.

posted on Dec, 15 2017 @ 01:39 PM
link   
Keep it family friendly and on topic folks, so you don't get the thread closed or removed. That is all.

Do not reply to this post.

posted on Dec, 15 2017 @ 01:57 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

That's great. Get them all out.

posted on Dec, 15 2017 @ 02:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Edumakated

originally posted by: Quetzalcoatl14

#metoo

Culturally, women harrassing men isn't seen as a big deal. In fact, since many men fantasize about it, it is kind of looked upon in heroic terms. If you are a teen male and bang a woman teacher, you will be getting high fives in the locker room. A male teacher banging a female student would be crucified.

Real talk, most single men would have probably tapped dat azz without a second thought. However, I can see where a married guy may be offended.

Sure and that's a cultural issue without a doubt. At the same time, it's been discussed before that for the same reasons at times when male victims have come forward they haven't been taken seriously.

With the teacher student thing, either statutory rape is real or not. It's supposed to be based on the immaturity and inability to fully give consent. There have been some cases where female teachers have been convicted of such.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join