It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

partially-preserved corpse resembling a DINOSAUR is found

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 15 2017 @ 08:26 AM
link   
So, here we have a nice little discovery coming out of India.

Scientists have been left mystified after the body of a creature resembling a dinosaur was discovered with flesh still on its bones.
The partially-preserved corpse was discovered by an electrician cleaning out a sub-station that had been left untouched for 35 years in Jaspur, a small city in Uttarakhand, India.
It resembles a small dinosaur, but since flightless dinosaurs have been extinct for 65 million years, scientists have struggled to identify it.
The creature has now been sent for analysis, including carbon dating, which will reveal its age.

So we still don't know if it's legit, or a prank. One thing is for sure though.... It's being tested.

What would be the implications if this was in fact a dinosaur, and what if it is a lot younger than we think? I'm sure the creationists will be all over this in due time.

Link: www.dailymail.co.uk...

It is also equally likely that a large New York sewer rat ended up over there....... Testing will (supposedly) be done in a few days though, so we'll see if it's a large deformed rat, or something else.
edit on 15-12-2017 by dothedew because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2017 @ 08:29 AM
link   
a reply to: dothedew

It's just that...oh never mind.

posted on Dec, 15 2017 @ 08:31 AM
link   
Kind of silly to think it's a dinosaur.

Clearly, it's a baby dragon.

posted on Dec, 15 2017 @ 08:33 AM
link   

the photo image in your OP Link ... looks very much like a Rat to me...

but honestly I think that some adept & artsy-craftsy hands went about 'augmenting' the corpse to look more like a mini-dinosaur than the (sculpted) soft-tissue rat it once was

posted on Dec, 15 2017 @ 08:41 AM
link   

This looks like a dead rat to me. Why does it resemble a dinosaur? Because someone pushed the lower front leg bones aside and it has a slightly longer seeming neck, also due to positioning of the bones.
I say rat.

a reply to: St Udio

I honestly didn't see your answe before I wrote mine. But yes totally agree.

edit on 15-12-2017 by Peeple because: Add

posted on Dec, 15 2017 @ 08:50 AM
link   
With the climate there that sure would be something....

posted on Dec, 15 2017 @ 09:18 AM
link   
Yea, I'm going with Rat or a relative.. rodent.

posted on Dec, 15 2017 @ 09:42 AM
link   
Be a pretty boring headline if it said
Partialy preserved corpse resembling a rat has been found

Wouldn't make ats or any media

posted on Dec, 15 2017 @ 10:17 AM
link   
looks like It's something from the weasel family, with the long articulating neck, arched back and muscular tail.

posted on Dec, 15 2017 @ 10:25 AM
link   

It looks like a mongoose or a weasel. Definitely not a reptile, most definitely not a theropod.

posted on Dec, 15 2017 @ 11:03 AM
link   
It looks like an otter, or similar.

I think the scientists involved in describing this as a dinosaur are not really scientists.

I think the journalist is either thick, or having a laugh.

I think... Oh, wait. It's the Daily Mail. 'nuff said.

posted on Dec, 15 2017 @ 01:00 PM
link   
how did i miss this?
anyway hmmm it looks interesting, though i wont make further commensts until analysis

posted on Dec, 15 2017 @ 02:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Raggedyman
Be a pretty boring headline if it said
Partialy preserved corpse resembling a rat has been found

Wouldn't make ats or any media

Well, if it was changed to something like "Liberal Rat corpse found impersonating GOP gun owner after discussing Russia dossier with Trump's friend Hillary", it would definitely make ATS. Front page maybe

posted on Dec, 15 2017 @ 02:47 PM
link   
Ooooor....its a dead rat.

Yeah...definitly going with dead rat.

posted on Dec, 15 2017 @ 03:36 PM
link   
I've seen specimens like that before; Rattosaurus Rex.

A smallish dinosaur, about the size of an adult rat. Lives in small groups close to water and humans. Frequently seen in large numbers during flooding. Will eat almost anything and has teeth sharp enough to eat through metal. Can swim underwater for small periods of time.
edit on 15-12-2017 by stormcell because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2017 @ 03:46 PM
link   
Fail to see why it couldn't be a lizard, it is India....

Cryptidz

Fan-throated lizards (Sitana ponticeriana) are one of the Indian Subcontinent’s most widespread and charismatic lizards, found in many of the region’s drier, scrubbier habitats. Not surprisingly, lizards across this vast range vary dramatically, most strikingly in the size and coloration of the throat-fans for which they’re named.

posted on Dec, 15 2017 @ 06:19 PM
link   
It looks like a relative of a Kangaroo Rat or Jerboa unless it is just deformed Rat. It could be a squirrel lots of those in India. India certinaly has a large population of amazing lizards and a massive population of giant killer Rats I have seen some there the size of small dogs.
edit on 15-12-2017 by aliensanonymous because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2017 @ 10:45 PM
link   

That's....quite interesting! Of course, testing must be done, and it could be something perfectly normal, but it's intriguing, anyway.

posted on Dec, 16 2017 @ 03:10 AM
link   
Looks to be of the rodentia type of saurus or ROUS.

No, really consider the sources sharing, and be lucky if there's a test done concluding anything other.

In a muggy sewer(not a preserving bog ,ice, etc), surely is not an ancient animal's preserves, would have to be a more modern crypto.

posted on Jan, 31 2018 @ 07:51 AM
link   

Yep, rat

top topics

<<   2 >>

join