It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Will Trump's lows ever hit rock bottom?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2017 @ 02:13 PM
link   
a reply to: soberbacchus

You haven't seen what he has said about Romney?

You probably think that doesn't count because it's a man and a republican.
edit on 14-12-2017 by thesaneone because: (no reason given)

Can't wait for the excuses.
edit on 14-12-2017 by thesaneone because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2017 @ 02:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: soberbacchus

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

originally posted by: angeldoll

a reply to: angeldoll

The "bleeding from her whatever" is pretty blatant and obvious.

The "whore" comment, however, is not.

That doesn't mean Trump is a good guy. He isn't. Just that wasting time inferring the unspoken ignores the volumes of actual stuff he says/does.

Oh man, come on. He said she was willing to do anything to get that money.

Crystal clear what he meant.

No it isn't. Not unless you want to infer an unstated meaning. But that inferrence is you putting words in his mouth, not him saying it.

So...

Saying a woman was "begging" (trumps quotes)
That she "would do anything" for money.
And ending by calling her USED...in all caps?

Nothing there?

This is more a gauge of how honest you are being here rather than your opinion.

If you need me to tell you what he meant, I do have degree from Madam Jawanda's School of Psychics!!!

posted on Dec, 14 2017 @ 02:19 PM
link   
a reply to: soberbacchus

Most Americans? I'm doubting that. I truly am. The number of people opining is less than 200,000, out of a global population of over 7 billion, and a national population of well over 300 million.

Where did many of those votes come from? Can you vote twice, or more?

Most people voting on that poll would be rather more correct.

posted on Dec, 14 2017 @ 02:20 PM
link   
a reply to: seeker1963

Lol, BE AT MY WEDDING!

😂

posted on Dec, 14 2017 @ 02:58 PM
link   

That doesn't mean Trump is a good guy. He isn't. Just that wasting time inferring the unspoken ignores the volumes of actual stuff he says/does.

No it isn't. Not unless you want to infer an unstated meaning. But that inferrence is you putting words in his mouth, not him saying it.

So...

Nothing there?

So....to really know what someone is saying, the only way is to "read between the lines" and then fill in the gaps with whatever my own confirmation bias wants?

Its putting words in his mouth. Plain and simple. And you have the gall to talk about honesty?

posted on Dec, 14 2017 @ 03:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: toolgal462
So, did it bother you so much when Obama basically called Sarah Palin a "pig". You remember, don't you?
And he claimed he wasn't implying that. Yet, watch what he said and taken in context, it sure does look like he was calling her a pig.

So, where were you then?

lol! That's reaching pretty far to try to equate DT to Barack Obama. Here's what he actually said, regarding McCain's campaign slogan for change ,

That's not change. That's just calling something the same thing something different. You know you can put lipstick on a pig, but it's still a pig. You know you can wrap an old fish in a piece of paper called change, it's still going to stink after eight years. We've had enough of the same old thing."

www.cnn.com...

But if you want to believe he called Sarah a pig, then okay. It matters not to me. lol.

eta: I think Trump actually called a woman a pig on twitter, but I did find a vid of him not denying it. (Barack, you silly man, here's how it's done.)
Although I think Obama is smart enough to know how. He just chooses not to. You know, dignity, respect, all that junk we used to value.)

edit on 12/14/2017 by angeldoll because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2017 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Will Trump's lows ever hit rock bottom?

USA Today usually tread lightly in Politics, but apparently Trump's latest tweet encouraged them to speak up in their first editorial on Trump.

The article does a terrific job of expressing most Americans views about the President.

Excerpts:

With his latest tweet, clearly implying that a United States senator would trade sexual favors for campaign cash, President Trump has shown he is not fit for office. Rock bottom is no impediment for a president who can always find room for a new low

A president who would all but call Sen. Kirsten Gillibrand a whore is not fit to clean the toilets in the Barack Obama Presidential Library or to shine the shoes of George W. Bush.

This isn’t about the policy differences we have with all presidents or our disappointment in some of their decisions. Obama and Bush both failed in many ways. They broke promises and told untruths, but the basic decency of each man was never in doubt.

Donald Trump, the man, on the other hand, is uniquely awful. His sickening behavior is corrosive to the enterprise of a shared governance based on common values and the consent of the governed.

Trump’s utter lack of morality, ethics and simple humanity has been underscored during his 11 months in office. Let us count the ways:

•He is enthusiastically supporting Alabama's Republican Senate candidate Roy Moore, who has been accused of pursuing — and in one case molesting and in another assaulting — teenagers as young as 14 when Moore was a county prosecutor in his 30s. On Tuesday, Trump summed up his willingness to support a man accused of criminal conduct: “Roy Moore will always vote with us.”

•Trump apparently is going for some sort of record for lying while in office. As of mid-November, he had made 1,628 misleading or false statements in 298 days in office. That’s 5.5 false claims per day, according to a count kept by The Washington Post’s fact-checkers.

Trump takes advantage of any occasion — even Monday’s failed terrorist attack in New York — to stir racial, religious or ethnic strife. Congress “must end chain migration,” he said Monday, because the terror suspect “entered our country through extended-family chain migration, which is incompatible with national security.” So because one man — 27-year-old Akayed Ullah, a lawful permanent resident of the U.S. who came from Bangladesh on a family immigrant visa in 2011 — is accused of attacking America, all immigrants brought to this country by family are suspect? Trump might have some credibility if his criticism of immigrants was solely about terrorists. It isn’t. It makes no difference to him if an immigrant is a terrorist or a federal judge. He once smeared an Indiana-born judge whose parents emigrated from Mexico. It’s all the same to this president.

•A man who clearly wants to put his stamp on the government, Trump hasn’t even done his job when it comes to filling key government positions that require Senate confirmation. As of last week, Trump had failed to nominate anyone for 60% of 1,200 key positions he can fill to keep the government running smoothly.

•Trump has shown contempt for ethical strictures that have bound every president in recent memory. He has refused to release his tax returns, with the absurd excuse that it’s because he is under audit. He has refused to put his multibillion dollar business interests in a blind trust and peddles the fiction that putting them in the hands of his sons does the same thing.

Not to mention calling white supremacists "very fine people,"
pardoning a lawless sheriff,
firing a respected FBI director,
and pushing the Justice Department to investigate his political foes.

The nation doesn’t seek nor expect perfect presidents,
and some have certainly been deeply flawed.
But a president who shows such disrespect for the truth, for ethics, for the basic duties of the job and for decency toward others fails at the very essence of what has always made America great.

Terrific summary of the Presidents core failings.

It's also a perfect example of American people believing anything they read so long as it is handed to them on a ideological platter.

I doubt you could explain with your own faculties how Trump's tweet is all but calling "Sen. Kirsten Gillibrand a whore". It's not that Trump said such a thing, it's just how your own mind tends to head in that direction, before you blame someone else for it.

posted on Dec, 14 2017 @ 03:56 PM
link   

So...

Nothing there?

So....to really know what someone is saying, the only way is to "read between the lines" and then fill in the gaps with whatever my own confirmation bias wants?

Its putting words in his mouth. Plain and simple. And you have the gall to talk about honesty?

It's not like Trump doesn't have a misogynistic history. Need some examples? If you need more I can pull them up....

edit on 14-12-2017 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2017 @ 04:05 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

haha. But pissed off about female ghostbusters? Is that "a man's" job? Ghostbusting? Oh my.

posted on Dec, 14 2017 @ 04:08 PM
link   

haha. But pissed off about female ghostbusters? Is that "a man's" job? Ghostbusting? Oh my.

I should pull up the Howard stern interviews...might be a little to profane for ATS...

posted on Dec, 14 2017 @ 04:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

I should pull up the Howard stern interviews...might be a little to profane for ATS...

Or just a tad incestuous.

posted on Dec, 14 2017 @ 04:30 PM
link   

First...things he says while on stage (the Bush thing...he was on set, and given the nonsense entertainers say while on set...im considering it to be crude humor) are not indicative of his misogyny.

Beyond that, if he were misogynist it would have no bearing on the fact that putting words in his mouth then doing the virtue signal dance is lower than this old body can stoop to.

posted on Dec, 14 2017 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Glad you bring up Stern.

For the longest time people tried to have him removed from the air for being so terrible. Then he comes out and points out that he's an entertainer, using a persona, to entertain the masses. At this point everyone kind of wanders off whistling, because he's right. He's an entertainer that is employing an outrageous persona to entertain with.

In that light, why on God's Earth would Trump not be an entertainer, on set, making the types of outlandish comments that entertainers say?

Im not saying he isn't misogynist. Im just saying that the nonsense people trot out against him time and again is so weak that it's driven me to defending a man who shouldn't be defensible.

posted on Dec, 14 2017 @ 04:38 PM
link   
Someone wrote another mean thread about Trump.

Well that does it. Impeach the bastard.

posted on Dec, 14 2017 @ 04:44 PM
link   
Time to find a small gymnasium somewhere and pack in full of drunks.

So that Mr. Trump can boost his ego. He seems to be feeling a little down lately.

ITS RALLY TIME. Is the beer free?

posted on Dec, 14 2017 @ 04:49 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

Im not saying he isn't misogynist. Im just saying that the nonsense people trot out against him time and again is so weak that it's driven me to defending a man who shouldn't be defensible.

Trump has plenty of defenders on ATS, as it should be. But is it your position that his detractors should just GTFO and shut up?

I didn't even defend Obama when he was called a monkey and Antichrist on ATS.
edit on 14-12-2017 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

(post by LesMisanthrope removed for a manners violation)

posted on Dec, 14 2017 @ 05:06 PM
link   

Its my contention that his detractors should stay on point and not contribute to the ridiculous circus that revolves around his presidency.

Instead, ya'll keep beating up on his personality. As if his personality has anything to do with his actions as president. Of course he's an asshole...when will we move on to something that actually has any bearing on reality? Like the fact that his FCC just killed net neutrality. Or that he hasn't even nominated 60% of his vacancies. Or that he put in place an AG that is threatening to subvert the will of the states with marijuana, agains the will of the people. Or that the rules against outsourcing prisons that was put in place at the end of 2016 was overturned by Trump as soon as his butt hit the chair in the oval office.

Instead, we get a bunch of this gossip stuff about his sex, getting peed on by Russian hookers, etc. Nothing at all to do with his actual job.

posted on Dec, 14 2017 @ 05:12 PM
link   
I guess another way to put it: i don't like Trump either. But when i look at the folks who also don't like Trump, i don't want to be associated with them.

posted on Dec, 14 2017 @ 05:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks
Wow. USA Today got raw on him. I believe we'll see more of this as time passes. People are waking up to how they've been used.

Better late than never I guess.

Actually, it's more along the lines of "another one steps up and gives a harsh observation of Trump." I've seen an increasing number of them... but again, I am liberal and do have liberal and politically active friends on my Facebook feed.

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join