It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Will Trump's lows ever hit rock bottom?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2017 @ 12:00 PM
link   

USA Today usually tread lightly in Politics, but apparently Trump's latest tweet encouraged them to speak up in their first editorial on Trump.

The article does a terrific job of expressing most Americans views about the President.

Excerpts:

With his latest tweet, clearly implying that a United States senator would trade sexual favors for campaign cash, President Trump has shown he is not fit for office. Rock bottom is no impediment for a president who can always find room for a new low

A president who would all but call Sen. Kirsten Gillibrand a whore is not fit to clean the toilets in the Barack Obama Presidential Library or to shine the shoes of George W. Bush.

This isn’t about the policy differences we have with all presidents or our disappointment in some of their decisions. Obama and Bush both failed in many ways. They broke promises and told untruths, but the basic decency of each man was never in doubt.

Terrific summary of the Presidents core failings.

edit on 14-12-2017 by soberbacchus because: (no reason given)

edit on Thu Dec 14 2017 by DontTreadOnMe because: trimmed overly long quote IMPORTANT: Using Content From Other Websites on ATS

+19 more 
posted on Dec, 14 2017 @ 12:03 PM
link   
I don't know, but thank god I have the media to keep track of and tell me how to think about my president.

They are there for me, looking out for the little guy.

posted on Dec, 14 2017 @ 12:07 PM
link   
Political madness. Remember after Obama got elected the whole social media world was in an uproar about his birth certificate?

See thru the veil.

posted on Dec, 14 2017 @ 12:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: soberbacchus

USA Today usually tread lightly in Politics, but apparently Trump's latest tweet encouraged them to speak up in their first editorial on Trump.

The article does a terrific job of expressing most Americans views about the President.

Excerpts:

With his latest tweet, clearly implying that a United States senator would trade sexual favors for campaign cash, President Trump has shown he is not fit for office. Rock bottom is no impediment for a president who can always find room for a new low

A president who would all but call Sen. Kirsten Gillibrand a whore is not fit to clean the toilets in the Barack Obama Presidential Library or to shine the shoes of George W. Bush.

This isn’t about the policy differences we have with all presidents or our disappointment in some of their decisions. Obama and Bush both failed in many ways. They broke promises and told untruths, but the basic decency of each man was never in doubt.

Donald Trump, the man, on the other hand, is uniquely awful. His sickening behavior is corrosive to the enterprise of a shared governance based on common values and the consent of the governed.

Trump’s utter lack of morality, ethics and simple humanity has been underscored during his 11 months in office. Let us count the ways:

•He is enthusiastically supporting Alabama's Republican Senate candidate Roy Moore, who has been accused of pursuing — and in one case molesting and in another assaulting — teenagers as young as 14 when Moore was a county prosecutor in his 30s. On Tuesday, Trump summed up his willingness to support a man accused of criminal conduct: “Roy Moore will always vote with us.”

•Trump apparently is going for some sort of record for lying while in office. As of mid-November, he had made 1,628 misleading or false statements in 298 days in office. That’s 5.5 false claims per day, according to a count kept by The Washington Post’s fact-checkers.

Trump takes advantage of any occasion — even Monday’s failed terrorist attack in New York — to stir racial, religious or ethnic strife. Congress “must end chain migration,” he said Monday, because the terror suspect “entered our country through extended-family chain migration, which is incompatible with national security.” So because one man — 27-year-old Akayed Ullah, a lawful permanent resident of the U.S. who came from Bangladesh on a family immigrant visa in 2011 — is accused of attacking America, all immigrants brought to this country by family are suspect? Trump might have some credibility if his criticism of immigrants was solely about terrorists. It isn’t. It makes no difference to him if an immigrant is a terrorist or a federal judge. He once smeared an Indiana-born judge whose parents emigrated from Mexico. It’s all the same to this president.

•A man who clearly wants to put his stamp on the government, Trump hasn’t even done his job when it comes to filling key government positions that require Senate confirmation. As of last week, Trump had failed to nominate anyone for 60% of 1,200 key positions he can fill to keep the government running smoothly.

•Trump has shown contempt for ethical strictures that have bound every president in recent memory. He has refused to release his tax returns, with the absurd excuse that it’s because he is under audit. He has refused to put his multibillion dollar business interests in a blind trust and peddles the fiction that putting them in the hands of his sons does the same thing.

Not to mention calling white supremacists "very fine people,"
pardoning a lawless sheriff,
firing a respected FBI director,
and pushing the Justice Department to investigate his political foes.

The nation doesn’t seek nor expect perfect presidents,
and some have certainly been deeply flawed.
But a president who shows such disrespect for the truth, for ethics, for the basic duties of the job and for decency toward others fails at the very essence of what has always made America great.

Terrific summary of the Presidents core failings.

LOL...most Americans? Not even close. And just to discredit your entire article...please post a pic of the tweet where Trump called anyone a whore or anything about trading sexual favors for a job.

The implosion of the left and those associated is really amusing to me.

posted on Dec, 14 2017 @ 12:09 PM
link   
$3.50 op ! Get paid from Bammy and Soros ! You influence NO ONE by the way ! MAGA !!!

posted on Dec, 14 2017 @ 12:09 PM
link   
a reply to: soberbacchus

How is this article any different then the 95% negative press the liberal media pushes daily. I don't support trump but this is getting exhausting.

Sometimes I wish I ate this stuff up so I wouldn't have to be so annoyed seeing it everyday.

+1 more 
posted on Dec, 14 2017 @ 12:11 PM
link   
a reply to: soberbacchus

It's today's Trump thread. Calling her a whore? Never happened. The sick part is people who look at something and immediately think there is a sexual connotation.

posted on Dec, 14 2017 @ 12:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vasa Croe
And just to discredit your entire article...please post a pic of the tweet where Trump called anyone a whore or anything about trading sexual favors for a job.

That tweet was in response to Senator Gillebrand saying that the women who accused Trump of Sexual Assault should be taken seriously.

+4 more 
posted on Dec, 14 2017 @ 12:14 PM
link   
Will the media's lows ever hit rock bottom??
Will the people who constantly post when Trump stubs his toe ever hit rock bottom??

I don't think so either.

posted on Dec, 14 2017 @ 12:15 PM
link   
The last gasps of a failed ideology.

Little ribbons accomplished nothing.

We finally have leadership.

I want lower taxes.

posted on Dec, 14 2017 @ 12:17 PM
link   

And just to discredit your entire article...please post a pic of the tweet where Trump called anyone a whore or anything about trading sexual favors for a job.

That tweet was in response to Senator Gillebrand saying that the women who accused Trump of Sexual Assault should be taken seriously.

There is $7 !! Rent gonna git paid shoon brah !

+2 more 
link   

If you think that is a sexual innuendo that's on you! Says more about your mind than those of us who took it as pay for play......

link   
Wow. USA Today got raw on him. I believe we'll see more of this as time passes. People are waking up to how they've been used.

Better late than never I guess.

posted on Dec, 14 2017 @ 12:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: whyamIhere

I want lower taxes.

Well, if you are Millionaire, you are in luck.

Otherwise not so much.

That will cost us 1 Trillion in additional debt.

posted on Dec, 14 2017 @ 12:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: seeker1963

If you think that is a sexual innuendo that's on you! Says more about your mind than those of us who took it as pay for play......

Damn, I always wondered if Sarah Sanders was on ATS!

posted on Dec, 14 2017 @ 12:19 PM
link   
Is the tweet incorrect, though?

Maybe she is a whore who would “do anything” for money...

Now that might not be the President’s job to allude to...
But it doesn’t mean he is wrong.

(post by dntwastetime removed for a manners violation)

posted on Dec, 14 2017 @ 12:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: whyamIhere

I want lower taxes.

Well, if you are Millionaire, you are in luck.

Otherwise not so much.

That will cost us 1 Trillion in addition debt.

Actually people who DON'T itemize they will get double the deduction they currently get! Since when do Progs care about spending other peoples money??? Didn't care when Obama ran up the deficit!

posted on Dec, 14 2017 @ 12:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: seeker1963

Damn, I always wondered if Sarah Sanders was on ATS!

$13.50 muh feels, muh racism !

posted on Dec, 14 2017 @ 12:21 PM
link   
a reply to: MisterSpock

Uh, its easy to fact check him, pretty much anything the man says is a lie. Nobody makes trump do the stupid things he does or says. He does it all by himself.

I mean for God sake, he flat out said on TV to vote for Roy Moore, because he "will always vote with us" He talked about what a fine man Moore is, and knew he was going to win. trump went so far as to endorse Moore and make ROBO calls for the man. Moore loses, trump dumps him, says he "Knew he would lose". Really? You went though all that, for a man you "Knew" would lose? What does this tell you about trump character? I know damn well, if Moore would have won, he would have bragged about it and said he knew it all along just like he said just a few days ago.

Above is just a small lie, I mean it is a lie though. The reason I use this situation, is it shows no matter what, trump is in everything for himself, he will lie at anytime to make himself look better, no matter what the situation. He showed 0 empathy to the man he called a friend and "fine man" all he did was say, oh I knew it. When clearly his "friend" was upset, at a major blowing loss for the republican party. 24 years republicans had controlled that state, it was almost a guarantee easy win for any republican there, yet he lost, even with trump literally telling people they had to vote for him.

Now he is going to drive the deficit up too.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join