It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nestlé CEO says water is not a human right and should be privatized

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2017 @ 08:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
a reply to: angeldoll

Believe what you want, but this story has all the signs of a nothing burger that fringe media uses to pull conspiracy theorists' heart strings. For instance, you are posting a video from RT to prove your point.

I've seen that vid I don't know how many times. But because it's been around a while, doesn't mean it's not him talking.

Of the company’s current 40 water sources around the country, 11 are in California, which is dealing with a long-term drought.

“Every gallon of water that is taken out of the natural system for bottled water is a gallon of water that doesn’t flow down a stream; that doesn’t support a natural ecosystem,” said Peter Gleick, author of “Bottled and Sold.”

Nestle, whose headquarters is based in Glendale, has faced protests over its water collection in California because of the drought and the fact that the site is on public land.

While the company takes about 30 million gallons each year, it pays only $524 to the U.S. Forest Service for the permit.
losangeles.cbslocal.com...

He's presenting himself as some kind of 'guardian' of water, but looks like he's more of a guardian of his bank account.

posted on Dec, 14 2017 @ 09:02 AM
link   
a reply to: CynConcepts

Agreed 100%.

Now if only it possible to inject laws that factor in a "decency clause" .
As in you can do big buisness here - provided it actually helps people here, and not just the company's shareholders and government stooges thriving on kickbacks.

posted on Dec, 14 2017 @ 09:02 AM
link   

Now. Don't put words in my mouth or anything. I'm not commenting on the ethicacy of Nestle's water bottling operations. I'm just mentioning that this thread is about a quote that was taken out of context and people are using their biases against Nestle to believe it just because.
edit on 14-12-2017 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2017 @ 09:03 AM
link   

Believe what you want, but this story has all the signs of a nothing burger that fringe media uses to pull conspiracy theorists' heart strings. For instance, you are posting a video from RT to prove your point.

Ah yes, you believe what you want, also. It's not a "nothing burger* (shudders over writing that buzzword)
but he's paying small amounts to get water, messing up the ecosystem, and harvesting billions.

: ) But believe what you want. He's the guardian of water. Yeah. heh.

The man stinks to high heaven.

posted on Dec, 14 2017 @ 09:09 AM
link   

He's a ceo just like any other ceo. Of course he does shady # and values profit over all else. I just don't believe the claim that he thinks that water isn't a right. It seems like you are trying to twist my words here to discuss something else. The thread is about his words in that video. The words were taken out of context. This has been discussed since 2005. Yes there are other shady things that Nestle does and I'm not saying this guy is a saint either. I'm just calling a lie a lie.

posted on Dec, 14 2017 @ 09:17 AM
link   

He's a ceo just like any other ceo. Of course he does shady # and values profit over all else. I just don't believe the claim that he thinks that water isn't a right. It seems like you are trying to twist my words here to discuss something else. The thread is about his words in that video. The words were taken out of context. This has been discussed since 2005. Yes there are other shady things that Nestle does and I'm not saying this guy is a saint either. I'm just calling a lie a lie.

KS! I don't think I'm trying to twist your words. If I did, I didn't mean to. (we've been on ATS too long ). I thought you were casting aside that vid because it was old, and has been discussed a lot. I was just saying because it's old, doesn't mean it is without information which is dubious, or that he is also dubious. I was looking into his net worth, how he got there, etc., and his main little money-maker is water.( Not those tasteless chocolates he sells.) He takes it out of the ground for next to nothing and he's making billions. He also takes it from areas that can scarcely afford to lose it.

Meh. I don't like it. I'm not buying any more of his products, if for no other reason he is presenting himself as some kind of do-gooder saint with the h2o, which he isn't. Blah.

posted on Dec, 14 2017 @ 09:23 AM
link   

Yeah Nestle is a #ty company, but a lie is a lie. My personal quest is to debunk lies on ATS whether I agree with them or not. As it stands, there is no reason to believe the claim in the OP as true. There is PLENTY of other shady stuff to discuss about Nestle though. So they aren't out of hot water, but that doesn't stop this thread from being a hoax.

posted on Dec, 14 2017 @ 09:28 AM
link   
My water comes from 190 feet below ground. I am on a well and the city & county can kiss my ass. About 30 feet from my well head is a natural spring, all the water I could ever want. Bottled water....something for the gullible to purchase.

posted on Dec, 14 2017 @ 09:34 AM
link   
a reply to: Hewhowaits

Nestele has been stealing california water and selling it elsewhere for a long time. Finally got that stopped (so we're told).

Pollution of fresh water everywhere doesn't increase their profit margin at all.

posted on Dec, 14 2017 @ 09:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: openyourmind1262
My water comes from 190 feet below ground. I am on a well and the city & county can kiss my ass. About 30 feet from my well head is a natural spring, all the water I could ever want. Bottled water....something for the gullible to purchase.

How close are you to fracking wells?

yet...

posted on Dec, 14 2017 @ 09:48 AM
link   
What water besides rain water is free?

posted on Dec, 14 2017 @ 10:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: Hewhowaits
a reply to: Sapphire

Good point. And why does bottled water cost more than fuel for vehicles per gallon?

It doesn't in the UK... Fuel duty is huge.

posted on Dec, 14 2017 @ 10:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: Wide-Eyes

a reply to: Sapphire

Good point. And why does bottled water cost more than fuel for vehicles per gallon?

It doesn't in the UK... Fuel duty is huge.

It doesn't here either. He's misinformed and using decades old numbers. A Gallon of Gasoline for me costs $2.33 while I can get a Gallon of water for less than a dollar. The people pushing this obviously hoax article can not bother to even do a cursory bit of research and prefer to just spew lies to fit some pre-conceived notion. It's sad.

posted on Dec, 14 2017 @ 10:18 AM
link   

I think that's great! I claim oxygen as my product and own the rights to it. Now as owner of oxygen, I give it to free to everyone who makes less than $100000 Canadian (it's the lowest dollar) and that doesn't count people who live off the interest of their wealth. To everyone else, it's $10 a breath compounding exponentially with every concurrent breath and exponentially again with every subsequent breath.

edit on 14-12-2017 by wtfatta because: Confusing words removed

posted on Dec, 14 2017 @ 10:45 AM
link   

Yup, that's what he says...
This money is all mentality has got to stop.
Here's the link.
Nestlé CEO statement and story

Personally, I think he should be dropped on the Sahara for a week without water and see how he feels after that.

I don't know about this source. But he's said this before for sure.

Video of him saying this:

Nestle is one of the worst companies in the world for going into places buying up the water rights and selling it back to the local people at ridiculous prices.
www.bloomberg.com...

Nestle is one of the scummiest companies on the planet.

posted on Dec, 14 2017 @ 10:57 AM
link   
You realize the story is several years old right?? The dates have been removed to get people fired up.

posted on Dec, 14 2017 @ 10:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit

The point is, he is in no position to dictate what are, and what are not human rights. Only the majority get to decide that sort of thing, and he is not in it.

That is a good explanation.

posted on Dec, 14 2017 @ 11:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: wtfatta

I think that's great! I claim oxygen as my product and own the rights to it. Now as owner of oxygen, I give it to free to everyone who makes less than $100000 Canadian (it's the lowest dollar) and that doesn't count people who live off the interest of their wealth. To everyone else, it's $10 a breath compounding exponentially with every concurrent breath and exponentially again with every subsequent breath.

Don't think somebody wouldn't do it if they could. "Air on sale! 10 bottles at a reduced price, shipped fresh from China".

posted on Dec, 14 2017 @ 11:02 AM
link   
Mel Brooks was an entrepreneurial visionary!

posted on Dec, 14 2017 @ 11:26 AM
link   

People scoff at well water but I will take it any day of the week! I went from well water to city water and I could not drink it due to the strong chlorine smell, it was horrible! How can people drink that, or even take a shower in that? Thank God I have a well again!

Fortunately I live in an area where the vast majority of people have wells and we take underground water safety seriously.
We also test our water and we are also drilled into a very deep aquifer that is very abundant. We bought the house with the well so zero costs for water other than testing and salt for our softener. The cost of water (and sewer) is just plain crazy is some places!

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join