It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

University forced to apologize after calling snow white

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2017 @ 10:17 AM
link   
My entire outside world, for six months of every year, is shades of black, grey, and white......

It doesn't feel very privileged, just cold and blinding white some days....

Has anyone figured out a replacement colour? My snow isn't even yellow or grey, it's just so white...⛄️🌨❄️

I'm not gonna apologize for my Hitleresque blue eyes either.....

posted on Dec, 14 2017 @ 10:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: Necrobile
a reply to: trollz

Hmmm, as a mixed race, I'm not really sure how I should feel. My white half just wants to shake their head at the stupidity of someone taking offense to this, but the brown half just wants to shake their head at the stupidity.......oh wait, nm, crisis averted. lol
Looks like we spotted the Uncle Tom folks. Which Democrat group gave you permission to not agree and not fit stereotypes of people of color?

posted on Dec, 14 2017 @ 10:28 AM
link   
I am not surprised that someone complained. There are idiots everywhere and twitter gives them easy access to speak.

I am surprised that the college caved and actually apologized. That will embolden the idiots even more.

posted on Dec, 14 2017 @ 10:32 AM
link   
a reply to: Grimpachi

The apology should have been more like, "We are sorry for you that are such morons that you took offense to our earlier comment. In the fall of 2018 we will be offering a freshman mandatory course on how to identify virtue signalling and effectively combat it in the University setting"

posted on Dec, 14 2017 @ 10:34 AM
link   
a reply to: snowspirit

I'm not gonna apologize for my Hitleresque blue eyes

And you shouldn't.

I'm not going to appologise for the green hue from my eyes either.

posted on Dec, 14 2017 @ 10:40 AM
link   

Accusation = 100% guilt of whatever the accusation is regardless of how inane the accusation might be

posted on Dec, 14 2017 @ 11:08 AM
link   

whiter shade of pale ....

posted on Dec, 14 2017 @ 11:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: WUNK22
My God, are the snowflakes offended that coal is black?? O M G “it’s black as coal tonight” is now offensive!! Color me surprised, it’s a university student making this fuss about snow colors.....off white perhaps????

As black as Nat King Cole?

posted on Dec, 14 2017 @ 11:55 AM
link   
The government should collect the personal data of all the people who complain about stuff like this in the event we ever need to compile a list of people who shouldn't be allowed to raise kids or do important jobs.

posted on Dec, 14 2017 @ 11:57 AM
link   
I think the institutions have no balls. Always apologising. They need to challenge the behaviour of stupidity and pettiness. I would have supported a robust response to the small-minder criticism by a very small minority. Something like "grow up" would have sufficed, and "stop being so pathetic".
edit on 14/12/2017 by paraphi because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2017 @ 12:02 PM
link   
you know, i followed up on this and looked at the twitter thread in question. as a whole it only got 86 total replies. hardly an internet outrage storm.

most damning of all? OP's source appears to have made up some of the quoted tweets, which i could not find. i only found this one, which honestly appears to be a joke. most of the replies in the thread did not seem to have any serious note of offense to them, just jokes.

but please enjoy your outrage about some fake outrage... it's par for the course in these matters. if anything, the university jumped the gun by apologizing but that's erring on the side of caution. after all, they probably have international students to whom the reference to 'white christmas' was not as clear.
edit on 14-12-2017 by fiverx313 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2017 @ 12:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: trollz

University College London was forced to apologize after a “dreaming of a white campus” tweet was deemed racist by “snowflake students.” The tweet had been intended to let students know the campus was still open as some parts of Britain remained covered by 13 inches of snow.

The tweet said: “Dreaming of a white campus? Our campuses will be open and operating fully today, Monday 11 December, so please make your way in as planned. (We can’t guarantee snow but we’ll try!) #snowday #londonsnow.”

One twitter user replied: “You know who else dreamt of a white campus? Hitler, that’s who. Disgusting... ...look into the history of the oppression of the PoC [People of Color],”
Source

Well, this holiday season should be fun, because it's now racist to point out that snow is white.
A university in London has officially apologized after a twitter post to let students know that the campus would be open despite the recent snow (which happened to be white). If that wasn't enough, student Kumail Jaffer compared the University's tweet to Hitler...
Because apparently if you like seeing snow, you're basically Hitler.

Thankfully, the University seems to have drawn more scorn for their apology than the original tweet itself, with many recognizing the obvious absurdity of apologizing for such a thing.

University College London
SUCKS!

But Bing Crosby doesn't suck ... I love Bing! and so should you.
edit on 14-12-2017 by Sapphire because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2017 @ 12:12 PM
link   
a reply to: fiverx313

No, no, no fiverx313...

You don’t get to come in here with facts and research...
You’re supposed to take it at face value because nothing about this story appears to be fabricated nonsense...

It’s got Millennials, snowflakes, outrage, Hitler, campus and retarded grovelling...
I’m sorry but that is not an overkill of cliche at all.

OP's source added their own verbiage onto the tweet they quoted. there was no text about POC and what they've been through. looks like a joke to me, to be quite honest.

RT would never do such a thing.

In Soviet Russia, News fakes you!

posted on Dec, 14 2017 @ 12:18 PM
link   
Got some yellow snow here.. Suck it up..

posted on Dec, 14 2017 @ 12:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hazardous1408

No, no, no fiverx313...

You don’t get to come in here with facts and research...

whoops, my bad

i did edit my post after you quoted it... i didn't realize the OP had snipped some article verbiage, making it appear as if two tweets were one. i realized when i reread the article... still couldn't find that second tweet though.

posted on Dec, 14 2017 @ 12:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hazardous1408
In Soviet Russia, News fakes you!

Great throwback reference.

posted on Dec, 14 2017 @ 12:22 PM
link   
a reply to: UKWO1Phot

I wouldn't suck that sh't up. lol

posted on Dec, 14 2017 @ 12:22 PM
link   

fiver i love how you explain sh"t lol.

posted on Dec, 14 2017 @ 12:24 PM
link   

The saddest thing of all to me is that if you had made that post as the first reply to the thread, it still would have been roundly ignored by the diehard ignorants who abound this site.

They prefer their biases confirmed, it seems.

posted on Dec, 14 2017 @ 12:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Hazardous1408

You're mr. wonder smug aren't you? I knew it!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join