It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Possible proof of VW logo Mandela Effect

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 13 2017 @ 02:08 PM
link   
Love it or hate it, the Mandela Effect is fun to talk about... So here's a recent potential discovery I made.

One of the Mandela Effect theories that is often discussed is the Volkswagen logo. In all current VW logos, there is a line inbetween the "V" and "W", which many people say used to not exist. This can be seen on the left. The logo on the right, however, is how many people remember it and swear it used to be.

Well, I've just found images of Volkswagens with what appear to be the "old" logo - the VW Karmann Ghia, to be exact.

And if you're not convinced yet, here's a very obvious one from an old VW bus:

Here's a different VW bus with the "current" logo, for comparison. The difference is obvious.

Here's a timeline of VW logos. Note that in none of them are the V and W connected, as is apparently seen in the images.

Camera angle trickery? Fake logos? Mandela effect? What do you think?

posted on Dec, 13 2017 @ 02:12 PM
link   
a reply to: trollz

So someone restored their old vw and added a differant logo and we jump to Mandela effect?

posted on Dec, 13 2017 @ 02:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: thesaneone

So someone restored their old vw and added a differant logo and we jump to Mandela effect?

Where'd they get the logos from? Did the owners of those vehicles make the logos themselves?

posted on Dec, 13 2017 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Aftermarket logos (not official). You can buy all sorts for different cars. You can even buy a flying Jesus to replace the jaguar.

posted on Dec, 13 2017 @ 02:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: trollz

Where'd they get the logos from? Did the owners of those vehicles make the logos themselves?

You can buy the kit and put together yourself.

Google vw logo images and you can see a lot of aftermarket buys.
edit on 13-12-2017 by thesaneone because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2017 @ 02:19 PM
link   

Yeah, the car, not the logo. There's no "logo-making kit". You just buy the logo itself. So where did those people get incorrect logos from?
edit on 12/13/2017 by trollz because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2017 @ 02:20 PM
link   
Why is the evolution and/or customisation of a company logos "Mandela Effect"? It seems that the Mandela Effect is a coverall term for idiocy. No disrespect to the OP, as I feel the whole post must surely be satire? Please, let it not be serious!

link   

Not only that but a new website and VW™ shirts that will read "1949"

link   
I think it’s bullsh*t that Flat Earth threads immediately get tossed into the Hoax Bin but the Mandela Effect threads don’t.

What’s the criteria?

posted on Dec, 13 2017 @ 02:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hazardous1408
I think it’s bullsh*t that Flat Earth threads immediately get tossed into the Hoax Bin but the Mandela Effect threads don’t.

What’s the criteria?

Thats easy, do a thread about "Mandela Effect re: Fat Earth"...

posted on Dec, 13 2017 @ 02:21 PM
link   

You can buy aftermarket logos and kits besides its not that hard for someone to make their own design especially if they have a machine shop at their disposal.

posted on Dec, 13 2017 @ 02:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: paraphi
Why is the evolution and/or customisation of a company logos "Mandela Effect"? It seems that the Mandela Effect is a coverall term for idiocy. No disrespect to the OP, as I feel the whole post must surely be satire? Please, let it not be serious!

Because it's claimed that no VW logo with a connected V and W ever existed, and yet there they are.

link   
a reply to: JimNasium

I'm sorry, I got 2 Mandela Effects ahead of Myself, "Fat Earth" doesn't happen until AFTER Alzheimer's gets listed as 'Diabetes 3'

link   
Did you know that you have a blind spot in your eye?

Cover your left eye and stare at the cross with your right eye, now slowly move toward your computer screen while keeping focus on the cross. At some point the dot on the right will end up disappearing.

What is the point of this? To show that people are easily blind to small details like the line in the VW logo and "fill it in" with their mind, much like your brain fills in the disappearing dot with what it sees it surrounded by.

This is not proof of Mandela Effect, it is proof of people filling in things they don't take notice of.

posted on Dec, 13 2017 @ 02:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: paraphi

Because it's claimed that no VW logo with a connected V and W ever existed, and yet there they are.

They’re not official logos. They’re aftermarket.

posted on Dec, 13 2017 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Love it or hate it, the Mandela Effect is fun to talk about... So here's a recent potential discovery I made.

One of the Mandela Effect theories that is often discussed is the Volkswagen logo. In all current VW logos, there is a line inbetween the "V" and "W", which many people say used to not exist. This can be seen on the left. The logo on the right, however, is how many people remember it and swear it used to be.

Well, I've just found images of Volkswagens with what appear to be the "old" logo - the VW Karmann Ghia, to be exact.

Holographic paint is not a factory option. Also, this logo does have a break it is just hard to see at the poor resolution. View the image and zoom in.

This logo does have a break it is just hard to see at the poor resolution. Again zoom in.

This logo does not look original. the lettering is too thin and the logo stands too high.

And if you're not convinced yet, here's a very obvious one from an old VW bus:

This logo is obviously homemade. It doesn't fit the curve of the panel, is affixed by two very visible screws and doesn't 'bevel' right.

Here's a different VW bus with the "current" logo, for comparison. The difference is obvious.

Here's a timeline of VW logos. Note that in none of them are the V and W connected, as is apparently seen in the images.

Camera angle trickery? Fake logos? Mandela effect? What do you think?

posted on Dec, 13 2017 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Yeah, the car, not the logo. There's no "logo-making kit". You just buy the logo itself. So where did those people get incorrect logos from?

I wonder if you think the guy in the back holding the plastic water bottle is proof of time travel.
😆

posted on Dec, 13 2017 @ 02:43 PM
link   

What’s the criteria?

I agree 100%.

There should be an immediate insta-ban for this ridiculous topic.

posted on Dec, 13 2017 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Your username is really doing you no favours in being taken seriously :/

Try going o ebay and typing in "VW badge", maybe add the word "custom" - you'll see a bunch of different VW badges.

Where's the claim VW never changed their logo? Maybe try researching that... hell, contact VW and ask them about the history of their badge.

Basically, please do something else with your time.
edit on 13/12/1717 by jokei because: I rewrited a sentenced

posted on Dec, 13 2017 @ 02:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jefferton

What’s the criteria?

I agree 100%.

There should be an immediate insta-ban for this ridiculous topic.

Might as well ban everything then.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join