It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fox News projects Jones win over Moore

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 12 2017 @ 10:14 PM
link   
Fox News link

Democrat Doug Jones has pulled off a major upset in Alabama by defeating Republican Roy Moore in Tuesday’s special election, Fox News has projected, becoming the first Democrat to win election to the Senate from the deeply conservative state in 25 years.

The dramatic Democratic upset in deep red Alabama cuts the GOP’s Senate majority from 52 to 51, further dimming Republican hopes of enacting major legislation backed by President Trump.

It was a real nail-biter, but it looks as if Jones is in. This is with 91% of the precincts reporting as of a few minutes ago.

Jones gave an acceptance speech - don't know if Moore has conceded yet.

posted on Dec, 12 2017 @ 10:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Byrd

As we say here, "all pau."

It is a done deal.

posted on Dec, 12 2017 @ 10:18 PM
link   
Fox is now showing 99% of the polls reporting so its pretty much a done deal. Way way too close for Alabama to claim any sort of moral victory IMHO.

Almost 50% of the state ignored his blatant disregard for constitutional issues and basically condoning a pedophile

posted on Dec, 12 2017 @ 10:45 PM
link   

Wow !! wasn't expecting that, they rejected a crazed abuser and moron, but it could have gone the other way.

posted on Dec, 13 2017 @ 12:07 AM
link   
Apparently Moore isn't conceding.
Fox news link

Democrat Doug Jones has pulled off a major upset in Alabama by defeating Republican Roy Moore in Tuesday’s special election, becoming the first Democrat to win election to the Senate from the deeply conservative state in 25 years.

"We have come so far and the people of Alabama have spoken," Jones said during a victory speech in Birmingham late Tuesday.

But in a late-night speech to supporters, Moore refused to concede. Moore told the crowd that when the “vote is this close…it’s not over.”

With 100 percent of precincts reporting, Jones had 49.9 percent to Moore's 48.4 percent.

And in an interesting and ironic twist, Trump tweeted a congratulations to Jones, saying "a win is a win." (mentioned in that Fox News article.)

posted on Dec, 13 2017 @ 12:11 AM
link   

How very much in character.

posted on Dec, 13 2017 @ 12:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: Byrd
Fox news link

Democrat Doug Jones has pulled off a major upset in Alabama by defeating Republican Roy Moore in Tuesday’s special election, becoming the first Democrat to win election to the Senate from the deeply conservative state in 25 years.

"We have come so far and the people of Alabama have spoken," Jones said during a victory speech in Birmingham late Tuesday.

But in a late-night speech to supporters, Moore refused to concede. Moore told the crowd that when the “vote is this close…it’s not over.”

With 100 percent of precincts reporting, Jones had 49.9 percent to Moore's 48.4 percent.

And in an interesting and ironic twist, Trump tweeted a congratulations to Jones, saying "a win is a win." (mentioned in that Fox News article.)

Trump wanted Luther Strange to beat Roy Moore. He can now say, "I told you so, McConnell!" and "I told you so, Republicans of Alabama!"

To put it simply, Donald Trump's instincts were right again.

NOW...which ONE of these many MOORE or JONES threads should we invest our time and effort in?

posted on Dec, 13 2017 @ 12:30 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

He can now say, "I told you so, McConnell!"
You know that McConnell supported Strange. Right?

Your focus seems to be off tonight.

edit on 12/13/2017 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2017 @ 12:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

Fox news link

Trump wanted Luther Strange to beat Roy Moore. He can now say, "I told you so, McConnell!" and "I told you so, Republicans of Alabama!"

NOW...which ONE of these many MOORE or JONES threads should we invest our time and effort in?

Uhmm... Trump also deleted tweets in favor of Strange after Strange lost and has been tweeting his support of Moore and making stump speeches about Moore (in another sate, which was truly odd.)

I think Trump was going with whoever appeared to be the winner.

posted on Dec, 13 2017 @ 08:30 AM
link   

And Trump now claims he never supported Moore, even outright denying that he campaigned for him.

posted on Dec, 13 2017 @ 04:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Aazadan

Trump supported Stranger over Moore. Of course Trump would never back Jones over Moore.

posted on Dec, 13 2017 @ 04:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

Fox news link

Uhmm... Trump also deleted tweets in favor of Strange after Strange lost and has been tweeting his support of Moore and making stump speeches about Moore (in another sate, which was truly odd.)

I think Trump was going with whoever appeared to be the winner.

That's politics. You support one candidate in the primaries, often even baraging their opponents with criticism, and if they lose in the primary, you scale back and support the one who won. We see it with virtually every election. Hell, on the national level, when a candidate concedes they traditionally endorse their opponent and with that comes the expectation anyone who previously endorsed the concessor will now endorse the one supported in the concession speech.

Trump was simply working to keep the GOP at 52 Senate seats, nothing more, nothing less.

posted on Dec, 13 2017 @ 05:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: socratess
a reply to: Aazadan

Trump supported Stranger over Moore. Of course Trump would never back Jones over Moore.

As recently as 3 days ago, Trump was actively campaigning for Moore, giving him money, doing major appearances, and even set up a robocall. I'm not saying he should have backed Jones, but he could have easily sided with the majority of the GOP here and simply ignored the guy.

posted on Dec, 13 2017 @ 05:22 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

Sometimes country over party is called for. This was one of them. Moore is a true degenerate, as is in my opinion anyone who supported him.

Edit: This whole election took on a confederacy 2.0 with Moore supporters seeing it as a states rights issue and election someone distasteful as a FU to Washington, while the feds were weighing in on the issue because they wanted to keep things functional. That was Moore's whole appeal, a bunch of rednecks, racists, and bigots wanted to ignore the rest of the world and they picked a pedophile, theocrat, sexist, hypocrite to lead the charge. Even Al'Abama apparently has enough decent folks to speak up against that.
edit on 13-12-2017 by Aazadan because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2017 @ 06:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aazadan
a reply to: burdman30ott6

Sometimes country over party is called for. This was one of them. Moore is a true degenerate, as is in my opinion anyone who supported him.

Edit: This whole election took on a confederacy 2.0 with Moore supporters seeing it as a states rights issue and election someone distasteful as a FU to Washington, while the feds were weighing in on the issue because they wanted to keep things functional. That was Moore's whole appeal, a bunch of rednecks, racists, and bigots wanted to ignore the rest of the world and they picked a pedophile, theocrat, sexist, hypocrite to lead the charge. Even Al'Abama apparently has enough decent folks to speak up against that.

I do agree with this. However, another factor was that Jones prosecuted the KKK for the Birmingham bombing murders of four young girls. The Black community hadn't forgotten (I remember that, myself.) And Moore was removed from office for refusing to uphold the law.

Hilariously enough, my Facebook feed was full of commentary about... how badly Moore rode (and treated) his horse.. There's a bunch of horse nerds in my group and ... that linked comment reflects some of the milder comments I saw about his horsemanship and riding style (common observation was "the horse is too small."

posted on Dec, 13 2017 @ 07:08 PM
link   

Hilariously enough, my Facebook feed was full of commentary about... how badly Moore rode (and treated) his horse.. There's a bunch of horse nerds in my group and ... that linked comment reflects some of the milder comments I saw about his horsemanship and riding style (common observation was "the horse is too small."

Moore is a wannabe cowboy pretending to be a man.

posted on Dec, 13 2017 @ 07:20 PM
link   

However, another factor was that Jones prosecuted the KKK for the Birmingham bombing murders of four young girls. The Black community hadn't forgotten (I remember that, myself.) And Moore was removed from office for refusing to uphold the law.

Your link goes to this article: "‘I Want a Hippopotamus for Christmas’ singer finally gets her hippo – 60 years later"

I don't think that's what you intended to link to.

posted on Dec, 13 2017 @ 07:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: MotherMayEye

However, another factor was that Jones prosecuted the KKK for the Birmingham bombing murders of four young girls. The Black community hadn't forgotten (I remember that, myself.) And Moore was removed from office for refusing to uphold the law.

Your link goes to this article: "‘I Want a Hippopotamus for Christmas’ singer finally gets her hippo – 60 years later"

I don't think that's what you intended to link to.

OMG!!! That's the worst case of mislinking I've seen in a long while.

top topics

join