It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Replies and notifications and finding responses

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 12 2017 @ 06:01 PM
link   
Hello
I am far from a newbie, I have been enjoying this site since about 2006 I think and then I took a long break.

Anyway, what I hate is that I am not able to find responses to my posts. I think in the local area of your own account it shows that people posted or responded but you can't find where. Is that right? If so it is a huge detriment to my wanting to respond and be active here because these threads move so fast that I don't have time to read and scroll through 20 plus pages of stuff.

Any way to ensure I can get to whatever response there is?

thank you

Chris

posted on Dec, 12 2017 @ 06:03 PM
link   
a reply to: chris_stibrany

The little "Reply" icon at the top bar. (Like 2 voice bubbles)

Click that and you will see all replies to all your posts in any thread.

posted on Dec, 12 2017 @ 06:13 PM
link   
Messages.

Go to messages and it always links replies.

To get to the messages header click on the down arrow toward the right of where it says my ats.

posted on Dec, 13 2017 @ 12:13 AM
link   
I think you guys are missing the Op's point.

I think this is about seeing a history of replies, so that he/she can say Neo96 replied to my post in a certain thread 3 years ago, I want to find that post but I can't remember the thread.

*checks replies*

I've had 6 replies from Neo96, the thread was about coffee...

*clicks*

Aha! That's the one.

I'm guessing this is what the Op is talking about... I'm not sure if we've ever had such a feature but it would be nice... I've won a few time based bets lol.

The way of seeing replies that you guys suggested? They dissappear when clicked, so if you don't have flawless memory or develop a system numbering your posts (I've seen that) then the chances are you'll never really see that reply again.

posted on Jan, 10 2018 @ 05:36 PM
link   
a reply to: RAY1990

youve all helped actually, thank you very much.

i was looking for a more specific thing like RAY is mentioning but I also did nt know about the green two speech bubble buttons function before now. so that also helped.

I hate how some sites and a lot of blogs use buttons with no explanation on what their icons mean. It's not always so intuitive.

posted on Aug, 3 2018 @ 01:16 PM
link   
Still cant Find if anyone has replied to my posts.
Where is the notification that someone replied to your post.

All my other sites I get a small number regarding the number of replies and then when I click on each reply in takes me directly to that point in the thread

posted on Apr, 22 2022 @ 05:48 AM
link   
thanks

top topics

join