It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China 'constructing REFUGEE CAMPS’ for North Korea defectors if 'Kim's regime implodes'

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 12 2017 @ 05:14 AM
link   

CHINA is “constructing refugee camps” for North Korean defectors in the event Kim Jong-un’s regime implodes, a leaked document has claimed.

China 'constructing REFUGEE CAMPS’ for North Korea defectors if 'Kim's regime implodes'

Is this an indicator of what's to come or just acting in abundance of caution? My view is that China wouldn't be expending energy without a good reason. I'd like to think they will take Kim down themselves but I don't see that happening.

Bits from the article...

Zhang Liangui, a professor of international strategic research at the Communist Party’s Central Party School, said: “It is highly possible that there is a conflict between North Korea and the United States now. “What China does here is to be prepared for any kind of situation happening on the Korean Peninsula.”

This indicates acting out of caution. So does the below...

During an exclusive interview with Express.co.uk, CNN military analyst Cedric Leighton detailed that China has so far attempted to balance relations with both the US and China in an attempt to prevent an implosion of the Kim regime while also maintaining a close trade relationship with Donald Trump.

However, he stated that these tactics are “doomed to failure” and that Beijing will need to choose a side as tensions between the two nations rise - it appears that China is now preparing for the results of a potential escalation between the US and North Korea.

There's more in the article but nothing that gives the impression of a planned campaign by China to take out Kim. But, the Chinese may know something we don't. It could be the US has warned China.

posted on Dec, 12 2017 @ 05:33 AM
link   
Also:

China-North Korea border bridge closes for repairs

The bridge connects Dandong, a port city in Liaoning Province in northeast China, with North Korea's Sinuiju region. Dandong accounts for 70% of China's trade with the North, and the iron bridge serves as the only direct road connection to the city from the North Korean side.

Work is supposed to last until Dec 20

edit on 12-12-2017 by MindBodySpiritComplex because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2017 @ 05:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: MindBodySpiritComplex
Also:

China-North Korea border bridge closes for repairs

The bridge connects Dandong, a port city in Liaoning Province in northeast China, with North Korea's Sinuiju region. Dandong accounts for 70% of China's trade with the North, and the iron bridge serves as the only direct road connection to the city from the North Korean side.

Work is supposed to last until Dec 20

Further,

Beijing denies any link between the bridge closure and international sanctions over Pyongyang's nuclear and missile program.

Didn't China agree to observe the sanctions? If so, i wonder what they're doing to the bridge.

posted on Dec, 12 2017 @ 05:51 AM
link   
Police in northern Japan have seized a maritime chart of the lucrative Yamatotai fishing ground from a North Korean fishing boat. An expert says it is likely the boat was trying to fish illegally within Japan's exclusive economic zone.

Images captured by an NHK camera confirm that the Yamatotai fishing ground on the chart was circled in red.

The chart also had a red line extending north-northeast from Yamatotai.

The head of the Hakodate Cephalopod Research Center, Yasunori Sakurai, says the red line suggests the boat planned to head northward for squid-fishing grounds.

Police on Saturday arrested 3 of the fishing boat's crew, including the captain, on suspicion of plundering a fishing hut on an uninhabited island off Matsumae town in Hokkaido.

The Koreans are coming here toward Japan in boat loads due to the open market in North Korea to make money.
Yes, North Korea started letting them pheasants of the land to start making money.
Times are changing there very fast.

They are suspected of stealing items including a generator, which was found on their boat.

posted on Dec, 12 2017 @ 05:52 AM
link   
Oh yeah?

Well North Korea is building refugee camps for when the rest of the world implodes.

Game set match.

posted on Dec, 12 2017 @ 05:52 AM
link   
a reply to: LogicalGraphitti

If you don’t hit NK hard and fast, millions will die for nothing. Most reports put NK on the winning side of a conflict. If we actually let our military function as it could, we could have them mopped up.

Honestly, I don’t know what should be done. A quick strike for the head of the snake with a crap ton of Calvary on stand by I believe would win it swiftly. But the reported alternative outcome of millions dying is what really makes me hold my breath for the situation.

We really need more countries on board, or else finally show the world if you threaten us and say you plan to destroy us, then war it is.

posted on Dec, 12 2017 @ 05:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: LogicalGraphitti
If so, i wonder what they're doing to the bridge.

Semtex and cordite would be my guess.

posted on Dec, 12 2017 @ 06:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: GraffikPleasure

If you don’t hit NK hard and fast, millions will die for nothing. Most reports put NK on the winning side of a conflict. If we actually let our military function as it could, we could have them mopped up.

Honestly, I don’t know what should be done. A quick strike for the head of the snake with a crap ton of Calvary on stand by I believe would win it swiftly. But the reported alternative outcome of millions dying is what really makes me hold my breath for the situation.

We really need more countries on board, or else finally show the world if you threaten us and say you plan to destroy us, then war it is.

At the risk of sounding like a liberal, I really don't agree on a strike or attack on the scale of Shock-and-Awe. I see only two options that have minimum consequences. One is dialog and giving lil Kim something to make him feel secure or, two, a covert assassination which not only gives us a lot to discuss on ATS about who's behind it but it would be quickwith the least number of civilian lives lost.

posted on Dec, 12 2017 @ 06:30 AM
link   
building refugee camps? Aren't these the guys with all the uninhabited and newly constructed cities, Oreo I have the wrong Asians?

posted on Dec, 12 2017 @ 06:32 AM
link   
Its a different situation to Iraq and other overthrows whereby a country is divided by tribes, AFAIK they don't have religion or tribal infighting, its all about the Uns.

So I don't know but this NK job seems to me to be different to anything we have recent history of.

Why would a population of people who accept eating grass as the norm want to become refugees, something they probably don't know about too much.

Without giving it too much thought, the head of the snake is the only option, I am sure educated Generals will know that a war will be the end of them, so I wouldn't be surprised if every Western (and other) assets are working on Kim ready for a single B2 strike.

Once he has gone, the military will take over and I would think with China's backing, slowly re-integrate NK who will still hate America but maybe with Chinas backing will give up their nuclear ambitions for a defence pact and a eventually a level of co-operation.

Problem with Western Society is that is so bloody tempting once you get a sniff of it, if you don't have them all locked down by a similar military regime you get massive social uprest. See Iraq and Libya.

Got to be smarter with this one, Kim out, military in control, nukes gone, then gradual integration to china with a normal border and the US out.

Of course, China doesn't show intent on stopping at the border with its expansion plans so I don't see the US leaving SK to China's infiltration but at the end of the day, China wont want US in NK either and I would be surprised if the US really wanted NK to be the same as SK at the risk of peace.

Cards on the table I am sure there is a solution that doesn't involve 'fire and fury'' but China and US have to admit to each other that the NK barrier prevents them going head to head.

I suspect the distrust between US and China will prevent a palatable solution but that is where the rubber meets the road.
edit on 12 12 2017 by Forensick because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2017 @ 06:46 AM
link   

If I were in charge I would sell China the rights to invade N Korea....if such a thing exists. Wink wink.

posted on Dec, 12 2017 @ 07:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: tayton
building refugee camps? Aren't these the guys with all the uninhabited and newly constructed cities, Oreo I have the wrong Asians?

They can't even get the locals in those properties.

posted on Dec, 12 2017 @ 07:24 AM
link   

China is constructing refugee camps

We're not going to fall for that red herring...

posted on Dec, 12 2017 @ 07:27 AM
link   
a reply to: tayton
Depends whose propaganda you listen too.

There are high rises empty in Spain too.

The private companies who invest in these buildings will not allow refugees to live in them.

Not cities though, not even one whole city. That would be crazy.

posted on Dec, 12 2017 @ 07:40 AM
link   
a reply to: GraffikPleasure

f you don’t hit NK hard and fast, millions will die for nothing. Most reports put NK on the winning side of a conflict. If we actually let our military function as it could, we could have them mopped up

Have you forgotten how many civilians where killed last time the USA attacked korea. Millions..That is the reason they are the way they are now and you want to do it again.

posted on Dec, 12 2017 @ 07:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: 200Plus

originally posted by: LogicalGraphitti
If so, i wonder what they're doing to the bridge.

Semtex and cordite would be my guess.

Nah, they'll undermine the piers so the bridge will collapse when people try to cross it. That way, they have deniability.

posted on Dec, 12 2017 @ 08:47 AM
link   

When Kiev began shelling its own countrymen in Eastern Ukraine, a million refugees streamed into Russia. You didn't hear much about that because the Russians didn't complain about refugees the way EU does and the western main scream didn't want to admit Russia was helping.

They aren't 'defecting' from North Korea either. They will be seeking refuge from another uS invasion of Korea.

posted on Dec, 12 2017 @ 09:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: tayton

Even Canada has refugee camps. They're kept at the border for processing. You shouldnt just have a whole bunch of refugees set loose in the country without a way of tracking them.
Then afterwards maybe the cities would be useful....

posted on Dec, 12 2017 @ 09:26 AM
link   
That's if we invade. I really don't see the logic in doing so. Like I said in my OP, I'd prefer there's at least an attempt to talk it out. Send a plane to pick up Kim to meet with Trump at a secret location. Do it all under the radar and let them have a staring contest or arm wrestle. Maybe a round of golf or two. I guarantee they'd come out friends. Next thing you know, there will be a Trump tower in Pyongyang.

posted on Dec, 12 2017 @ 09:40 AM
link   
Well, normally countries don't go about spending that kind of money and using the resources needed to build these camps for nothing. I'm thinking the big game is almost ready to kick off. The U.S sure as hell is not going to let KIM have subs that can launch em.

_javascript:icon('')

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join