It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did Jerusalem Ever Belong to Palestine?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 12 2017 @ 10:01 AM
link   
a reply to: madenusa
Lol read the old testament. That whole thing about Canaan being the father of dark skinned races was added during the Atlantic slave trade to reinforce that old idea that Canaan's descendants would be slaves for his transgression

posted on Dec, 12 2017 @ 10:09 AM
link   
a reply to: dawnstar
Most of what you said what right, save for the "they gave the land to the Jews"...then wtf was the war of independence in 1948 for lol

They got their independence the way most countries do, through war.

posted on Dec, 12 2017 @ 10:14 AM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

I agree people act like this is something new to history where a group of people come in a claim land. I don't see people losing it over Christian Jewish and pegan land owned entirely by Muslim conquest

posted on Dec, 12 2017 @ 10:21 AM
link   
a reply to: Azureblue

It sure as christ has never belonged to the jews either

"Never" is a strong word if you consider the fact that Eastern Jerusalem belongs to the Jews since 1948.

posted on Dec, 12 2017 @ 10:24 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr
70 years ago there was an established state of Palestine in Jerusalem? Tell me more...

posted on Dec, 12 2017 @ 11:30 AM
link   
a reply to: GokuVsSuperman0

The British administration was formalized by the League of Nations under the Palestine Mandate in 1923, as part of the Partitioning of the Ottoman Empire following World War I. The Mandate reaffirmed the 1917 British commitment to the Balfour Declaration, for the establishment in Palestine of a "National Home" for the Jewish people, with the prerogative to carry it out. A British census of 1918 estimated 700,000 Arabs and 56,000 Jews.

In 1937, following a six-month-long Arab General Strike and armed insurrection which aimed to pursue national independence and secure the country from foreign control, the British established the Peel Commission. The Commission concluded that the Mandate had become unworkable, and recommended Partition into an Arab state linked to Transjordan; a small Jewish state; and a mandatory zone. To address problems arising from the presence of national minorities in each area, it suggested a land and population transfer involving the transfer of some 225,000 Arabs living in the envisaged Jewish state and 1,250 Jews living in a future Arab state, a measure deemed compulsory "in the last resort". To address any economic problems, the Plan proposed avoiding interfering with Jewish immigration, since any interference would be liable to produce an "economic crisis", most of Palestine's wealth coming from the Jewish community. To solve the predicted annual budget deficit of the Arab State and reduction in public services due to loss of tax from the Jewish state, it was proposed that the Jewish state pay an annual subsidy to the arab state and take on half of the latter's deficit. The Palestinian Arab leadership rejected partition as unacceptable, given the inequality in the proposed population exchange and the transfer of one-third of Palestine, including most of its best agricultural land, to recent immigrants. The Jewish leaders, Chaim Weizmann and David Ben-Gurion, persuaded the Zionist Congress to lend provisional approval to the Peel recommendations as a basis for further negotiations. In a letter to his son in October 1937, Ben-Gurion explained that partition would be a first step to "possession of the land as a whole". The same sentiment, that acceptance of partition was a temporary measure beyond which the Palestine would be "redeemed . . in its entirety," was recorded by Ben-Gurion on other occasions, such as at a meeting of the Jewish Agency executive in June 1938, as well as by Chaim Weizmann.

en.wikipedia.org...

sorry, but it kind of sounds like there was a decision to transfer a vast amount of land out of palestinian hands in order to give the jews a country of their own before there was a war... matter of fact, one might conclude the war was the result of the decision.

as far as weather or not jerusalem was ever controlled by the palestinians....and since we are going far back referring to the ancient mythos of the jewish religion...

Word Origin and History for Palestine

from Latin Palestina (name of a Roman province), from Greek Palaistine (Herodotus), from Hebrew Pelesheth "Philistia, land of the Philistines." Revived as an official political territorial name 1920 with the British mandate.

I would say that yes, it was, since jerusalem was within the borders of the phillistines...

posted on Dec, 12 2017 @ 11:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Yvhmer

Thank you for that post.

That filled in a few gaps I had on the history of the region. The only 'wince' I had was your German analogy with Syrians. Germany was/is a nation whereas you point out, Palestine is not.

If you could, where does the Sykes-Picot Agreement and 'Levant' fit in this?

I have felt those 'influences' -even though Sykes-Picot was 'officially' cancelled a couple years later- that both are affecting the the situation to this day.

edit on 12-12-2017 by nwtrucker because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2017 @ 12:18 PM
link   
a reply to: JimNasium

Indeed it does JimNasium, very interesting

posted on Dec, 12 2017 @ 12:32 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 12 2017 @ 12:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: GokuVsSuperman0
70 years ago there was an established state of Palestine in Jerusalem? Tell me more...

It was Palestine for thousands of years until 1948. Now go back to burying the past.

posted on Dec, 12 2017 @ 01:00 PM
link   

and the Jews were living there the whole time before it was renamed Palestine by the Conquering Romans it was named Judea.
You can't just make up crap as you go along man
edit on 12-12-2017 by dashen because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2017 @ 01:05 PM
link   

It was name Judea.
Judea. Familiarize yourself with that word.
Judea.
Judea.
It hasn't been populated by Philistines since they were conquered by the Babylonians.
Little hint that was before 1948

posted on Dec, 12 2017 @ 01:09 PM
link   
That passage not withstanding, Israelis/Jews merit a home. As long as Jordan and Syria hold control over land that was 'Palestinian', I see no merit in arguing against Israel. None.

You mean besides going against their Holy Book(s)? I see no reason these folks shouldn't go against their "Holy Book" too. Why wouldn't they? They've witnessed those following Islam™ and Chris†ianty™ do it, why wouldn't they?? I'm certain Abraham has wood over the whole in-fighting amongst His children...

posted on Dec, 12 2017 @ 01:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: dashen

and the Jews were living there the whole time before it was renamed Palestine by the Conquering Romans it was named Judea.
You can't just make up crap as you go along man

Side stepping the issue as usual, Palestine was occupied in 1948, when Palestine got renamed Israel.
Just like they want to move the capitol from Tel Aviv to Jerusalem today.

It erases the past, like you do.

posted on Dec, 12 2017 @ 01:17 PM
link   

It was named Palestine by the Romans to punish the Jews. They were the ones who are trying to erase history much like yourself

posted on Dec, 12 2017 @ 01:18 PM
link   
a reply to: dashen

Do you know where the Arabs were during Roman times? Roaming the deserts of Saudi Arabia where they came from in the first place

posted on Dec, 12 2017 @ 01:19 PM
link   

It was name Judea.
Judea. Familiarize yourself with that word.
Judea.
Judea.
It hasn't been populated by Philistines since they were conquered by the Babylonians.
Little hint that was before 1948

Judea, whats that?. But then they call Palestine, Gaza and the West Bank today, too.

Shovel dirt on Palestines grave. Just admit it.

posted on Dec, 12 2017 @ 01:22 PM
link   

It was named Palestine by the Romans to punish the Jews. They were the ones who are trying to erase history much like yourself

The Romans occupied the whole mediterranean. They didn't care about sovereignty then either, just money. Just like the current Empire.

posted on Dec, 12 2017 @ 01:31 PM
link   

There is a Roman saying that applies to your posts.

Splendidae mendax.
Gloriously wrong
But your cause seems to involve terrorism against civilians
edit on 12-12-2017 by dashen because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2017 @ 01:34 PM
link   

There is a Roman saying that applies to your posts.

Splendidae mendux.
Gloriously wrong

Israel rose from the ashes of another empire, behaving like it more than ever, now.

Didn't they learn anything from Nazi oppression?

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join