It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Explosion' at Manhattan bus terminal

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 11 2017 @ 06:52 AM
link   

New York City Police say they are responding to reports of an explosion at a bus terminal in Manhattan.

The incident reportedly happened on Monday morning at the Port Authority Bus Terminal near Times Square.

"The NYPD is responding to reports of an explosion of unknown origin at 42nd Street and 8th Ave, #Manhattan," tweeted the department.

"The A, C and E line are being evacuated at this time. Info is preliminary, more when available."

no more news yet

posted on Dec, 11 2017 @ 06:57 AM
link   
a reply to: yo_da84

I hope and pray that this is a false report. My thoughts & prayers are with possible victims and first responders.

posted on Dec, 11 2017 @ 06:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: yo_da84

New York City Police say they are responding to reports of an explosion at a bus terminal in Manhattan.

The incident reportedly happened on Monday morning at the Port Authority Bus Terminal near Times Square.

"The NYPD is responding to reports of an explosion of unknown origin at 42nd Street and 8th Ave, #Manhattan," tweeted the department.

"The A, C and E line are being evacuated at this time. Info is preliminary, more when available."

no more news yet

Earlier last night I saw a video of a guy being arrested yesterday in New York. He was shouting "Engine, engine number 9" and "Allah Ackbar" as the police were trying to corral him into a patrol car. That was at roughly 1pm central time.

posted on Dec, 11 2017 @ 07:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: ToeKneeCherry1984

no more news yet

Earlier last night I saw a video of a guy being arrested yesterday in New York. He was shouting "Engine, engine number 9" and "Allah Ackbar" as the police were trying to corral him into a patrol car. That was at roughly 1pm central time.

Could you find it, it may come in handy later

posted on Dec, 11 2017 @ 07:07 AM
link   
a reply to: Taggart

On it.

posted on Dec, 11 2017 @ 07:09 AM
link   
SKY say a pipe bomb, some injuries 1 suspect in custody.

posted on Dec, 11 2017 @ 07:10 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 11 2017 @ 07:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: Taggart

originally posted by: ToeKneeCherry1984

no more news yet

Could you find it, it may come in handy later

twitter.com...

posted on Dec, 11 2017 @ 07:11 AM
link   
a reply to: Martin75

Unfortunately it looks like the real deal..www.thesun.co.uk...

Several people were injured after a device partially exploded inside a tunnel, the New York Post reports.

The bomb squad has been pictured at 42nd Street and 8th Avenue where the blast was heard amid reports of a possible “pipe bomb”.

It has been reported that one man has been taken into custody but police have yet confirm this.

Cops fire crews and paramedics are on the scene and the city’s mayor is being briefed.

More to follow.

link   

link   
nypost.com...

Several people were injured Monday morning when a device exploded at the Port Authority bus terminal on 42nd Street, according to law enforcement sources. One person is in custody after his device partially detonated inside a tunnel, sources told The Post. Police and firefighters have responded to the scene, where the bomb squad also has been deployed.

xmas is going to be rough

posted on Dec, 11 2017 @ 07:28 AM
link   
a reply to: ToeKneeCherry1984

Instead of saying "engine number 9" maybe he's saying something about 8 and 9. As in 8th and 9th Avenues, where this occurred.

-dex

posted on Dec, 11 2017 @ 07:39 AM
link   
I was watching Fox News as this broke. Within' about 90 seconds of reporting it, they were already talking about it being terrorism. Within' about 3 minutes, they were talking about it being ISIS. In about 7 minutes, they had "confirmation" from the NYPD that this was an ISIS-inspired attack.

What the....

EDIT: Video of the explosion starting to come in: twitter.com...
edit on 11-12-2017 by skepticalguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2017 @ 07:47 AM
link   
Same old story, one way or the other :/
edit on 11-12-2017 by ToeKneeCherry1984 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2017 @ 07:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: skepticalguy
I was watching Fox News as this broke. Within' about 90 seconds of reporting it, they were already talking about it being terrorism. Within' about 3 minutes, they were talking about it being ISIS. In about 7 minutes, they had "confirmation" from the NYPD that this was an ISIS-inspired attack.

What the....

But yet we still have no answers about Vegas, the largest mass murder in modern US history.

I find that a bit off
edit on 11-12-2017 by SailorJerry because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2017 @ 07:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: SailorJerry

What the....

But yet we still have no answers about Vegas, the largest mass murder in modern US history.

I find that a bit off

Right where my thoughts went too...

posted on Dec, 11 2017 @ 07:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: SailorJerry

What the....

I find that a bit off

I found this a bit off IMMEDIATELY as this was breaking. As someone who chose the username "skepticalguy", something does not sit right with me about this.

posted on Dec, 11 2017 @ 07:52 AM
link   
Sky news reporting the bomb was strapped to the guy now in custody.
It failed to go off properly.
Just one injury, the perp.

Looks like a lucky break there.

posted on Dec, 11 2017 @ 08:00 AM
link   
a reply to: SprocketUK

If it is over. A diversion is the only thing more frightening than an attack.

posted on Dec, 11 2017 @ 08:08 AM
link   
I'm glad that the bomber wasn't successful.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join