It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

$220,000 Taxpayer Dollars Used To Settle (D) Rep. Alcee Hastings Sexual Harrassment Case

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 10 2017 @ 08:47 PM
link   

A Democrat, he served as a judge on the United States District Court for the Southern District of Florida until his impeachment and removal.[1]

Why is someone like this serving in congress?

posted on Dec, 10 2017 @ 08:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn

A Democrat, he served as a judge on the United States District Court for the Southern District of Florida until his impeachment and removal.[1]

The well informed voters in his district?

posted on Dec, 10 2017 @ 09:02 PM
link   

Same reason a man who was twice removed from the Alabama Supreme court for not upholding the constitution is the front runner for a US Senate seat in Alabama

posted on Dec, 10 2017 @ 09:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Pyle

I haven't been following the whole story there so I didn't know that.

posted on Dec, 10 2017 @ 09:11 PM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

No one else better was put up to run.

posted on Dec, 10 2017 @ 09:17 PM
link   
Sergeant at Arms is gonna have a busy year I hope.

posted on Dec, 10 2017 @ 09:20 PM
link   
If we can get one name from that list why can't we get them all??
We should be threatening to call for all senators to step down if they don't release the list.

posted on Dec, 10 2017 @ 09:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Pyle

Same reason a man who was twice removed from the Alabama Supreme court for not upholding the constitution is the front runner for a US Senate seat in Alabama

I'll take an uninformed public for 200, alex.

posted on Dec, 10 2017 @ 09:26 PM
link   
a reply to: burgerbuddy

Does anyone know who authorizes these payouts? Or who authorized the slush fund? How is This not criminal? And anyone with knowledge of this not having charges of theft, or fraud placed against them? Open the books. Audit each branch and dig out the rot. Anyone with any connection to these payouts and the cover-up deserves life in prison. Any other country would just shoot these thieves. Why do we coddle them?

Audit or end the fed while your at it.

posted on Dec, 10 2017 @ 09:26 PM
link   
a reply to: scraedtosleep

Again, at this late point in the race, the only other option is the Democrat who will not represent anything they believe in at all.

So what are they supposed to do? At least if they vote for Moore, there is the chance that even if he resigns or is forced out, Ivey will appoint someone who represents them better than his current opponent every would.

posted on Dec, 10 2017 @ 09:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler
a reply to: xuenchen

Hastings should pay that money back immediately.

Then let's here him explaiin himself

They need to make some kind of policy that prevents that money from being used to hide these things!

It's absurd, and they know is, and it must be common knowledge on the hill. "You can buy your way out of these cases".
And with it all hush hush til now, what did they have to lose?

Get him out, and good riddance. Don't let the door hit you in the back. (But not before he pays it back.)

posted on Dec, 10 2017 @ 09:36 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

They could always write in that guy that moore won the nomination against.
I can't remember his name but he got 45% of the republican vote.

Glad I don't live in alabama.

posted on Dec, 10 2017 @ 09:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: scraedtosleep

Again, at this late point in the race, the only other option is the Democrat who will not represent anything they believe in at all.

So what are they supposed to do? At least if they vote for Moore, there is the chance that even if he resigns or is forced out, Ivey will appoint someone who represents them better than his current opponent every would.

lol! I'm sure Doug Jones would take that as a compliment. I know I would.

posted on Dec, 10 2017 @ 10:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Woodcarver
a reply to: burgerbuddy

Does anyone know who authorizes these payouts? Or who authorized the slush fund? How is This not criminal? And anyone with knowledge of this not having charges of theft, or fraud placed against them? Open the books. Audit each branch and dig out the rot. Anyone with any connection to these payouts and the cover-up deserves life in prison. Any other country would just shoot these thieves. Why do we coddle them?

Audit or end the fed while your at it.

I know! Embezzlement/misuse of public funds at least! Obstruction of justice. How many are being blackmailed?!

Bastards.

posted on Dec, 10 2017 @ 10:05 PM
link   
a reply to: angeldoll

they need to make a rule that every allegation will be investigated fairly, quietly, but fairly...
and if found to be true, then kick the guy out of the senate or house, refer him to the proper authorities if need be!
paying off the accusers/victims weather if by from the treasury or the guy's own bank account does absolutely nothing to solve the problem. guilt is not proven or disproven, it's all just swept under the carpet to resurface another day with another accuser/victim. paying the women off is closer to them treating her like a piece of meat that can be bought if need be, after the fact, than it is actually caring about weather there is any justice!

posted on Dec, 10 2017 @ 10:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: scraedtosleep
If we can get one name from that list why can't we get them all??
We should be threatening to call for all senators to step down if they don't release the list.

Former V.P. candidate, Senator TIM KAINE D-Virginia, has filed a formal request for the "data", but not the actual names.

Virginia Sen. Tim Kaine requested records Tuesday from the Office of Compliance that detail the scope of sexual harassment claims filed against members of Congress, as well as congressional staffers.

In a letter to the head of the Office of Compliance, the office that handles harassment complaints and administers payments, Kaine asked for the number of harassment claims filed in the last decade; the number of claims against members of the Senate and their staffs that ended in "some form of resolution"; and the amount of each settlement paid with taxpayer funds.

In the letter to Susan Tsui Grundmann, the office's executive director, Kaine he plans to publicly disclose the information if the committee provides it.

posted on Dec, 10 2017 @ 10:16 PM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

Obama flew billions to Iran without any oversight. Who knows what all our tax dollars are paying for

Wasn't that Iran's money though? it was held hostage, much like American's were once held hostage by Iran.

posted on Dec, 10 2017 @ 11:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: scraedtosleep
a reply to: ketsuko

They could always write in that guy that moore won the nomination against.
I can't remember his name but he got 45% of the republican vote.

Glad I don't live in alabama.

You are thinking of Mo Brooks. It would be a good idea if there was more time to organize a write in campaign for him, however, I feel that ship has sailed at this point.

ETA: wait.....you probably mean Luther Strange. Mo Brooks didnt get much support and dropped out early. I would 100% rather have Mo Brooks than Strange or Moore at this point tho.
edit on am1212201717America/Chicago11p12am by annoyedpharmacist because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2017 @ 12:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT
BIG settlement...must've been very damaging.

Rep. Hastings says he knows Nothhhhing about that "settlement".
www.axios.com...

posted on Dec, 11 2017 @ 12:33 AM
link   
I believe Al Hastings is close friends with that other Florida Congress person. The nasty woman who wears red cowboy hats.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join