It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO Quotes From High Ranking Individuals and Credible Eye Witnesses

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 11 2017 @ 08:20 AM
link   
a reply to: jeep3r

This thread is a reminder of why I originally joined ATS over a decade ago.

posted on Dec, 11 2017 @ 09:22 AM
link   
Without question, the UFO phenomenon is real and multiple factions within governments know a great deal about what is going on. That the truth is not shared with us, the general population, does not make it less real.

posted on Dec, 11 2017 @ 10:57 AM
link   
great thread and presentation. nicely done

posted on Dec, 11 2017 @ 11:40 AM
link   
Here's the problem. Over the last 5 years every man and his dog worldwide has acquired a smart phone and all are taking millions of photos and videos on a daily basis. But we have yet to see a single CLEAR image (or video) of a UFO. Same with all those pictures of the moon. Nothing clear, nothing sharp. Additionally, not a single piece of physical evidence that can be analysed as extraterrestrial in a lab. Not a thing. Nix. Until that happens then it is difficult to give these theories any credence.

posted on Dec, 11 2017 @ 12:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: schuyler
In seventy years, from 1947 until 2017, that's what we've got. Unfortunately, that's all we've got. [...] OK. I take it seriously. Now what?

Yeah, pretty much. I suppose we can count that as progress. When I was a kid, there was a lot of talk about whether or not flying saucers were "real," and how serious scientists can't risk their reputations by studying them so we may never know what they are. Now, all this time later, we have had serious scientists look into the subject, and for the most part the conclusion we've reached is that UFOs are indeed "real."

But what does that even mean? Real how? That gets us nowhere. Even in 1947 there were plenty of people who just accepted that UFOs / flying saucers were real or at least could be real. But none of them have ever found an explanation or provided some hard proof that indicates what they are, where they came from, who built them, etc.

So there has been a tiny bit of progress, but not much.
edit on 11-12-2017 by Blue Shift because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2017 @ 12:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: tabularosa
That the truth is not shared with us, the general population, does not make it less real.

Yeah, but until somebody - who isn't anonymous - pops up with a legitimate, indisputable piece of hard evidence that this is being hidden from the rest of us slobs, then that just becomes more unproven conjecture. Like I've always said, the government generally only wants to hide two things from enemies and the public -- what it knows and what it doesn't know. And that goes for ordinary governmental military stuff and the extraordinary. So them hiding something is either proof that they know something, or that they don't know anything.
edit on 11-12-2017 by Blue Shift because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2017 @ 12:51 PM
link   

I find this extreme appeal to authority among UFO believers rather hilarious.

When anyone confirming your beliefs suddenly becomes an extremely credible witness, and anyone with some status even more so...
edit on 11-12-2017 by moebius because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2017 @ 12:59 PM
link   
this was posted many times and while it is good proof, I sometimes feel even a craft landing would not be enough proof for skeptics on here like Phage.

posted on Dec, 11 2017 @ 01:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: moebius

I find this extreme appeal to authority among UFO believers rather hilarious.

When anyone confirming your beliefs suddenly becomes an extremely credible witness, and anyone with some status even more so...

Not as sudden as you might think. But yes, it's a thread featuring "UFO proponents" with the aim of substantiating the UFO phenomenon. Not necessarily everyone finds this appealing, I could imagine, but that's absolutely okay.

edit on 11-12-2017 by jeep3r because: text

posted on Dec, 11 2017 @ 01:52 PM
link   

I think Vallees' thoughts are the best.

He correlated folkfore to alien abduction, even Pope used his theories in at least one occasion, but the snake in the grass is Friedman. A nuclear physicist who doesn't know the a FTL trip is impossible, and it if it was possible it could only be a one way trip? either Einstein is wrong or he is wrong.

Either way I always say the U in UFO stands 'unidentified.' it could be unidentified meteorological phenomena? who knows but at least Pope takes a measured approach and will offer alternative explanations but Friedman will scream 'ALIENS!' till the cows come home.

posted on Dec, 11 2017 @ 01:53 PM
link   
some good people there but also a few weeds ( jesse marcel,john mack, leslie kean,stanton friedman,nick pope)

posted on Dec, 11 2017 @ 01:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Thecakeisalie

even Pope used his theories in at least one occasion

*record scratch*
wait,WHAT?

posted on Dec, 11 2017 @ 02:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: humanoidlord
some good people there but also a few weeds ( jesse marcel,john mack, leslie kean,stanton friedman,nick pope)

I know you're a strong Vallée proponent.

As regards John Mack, I think one could probably critizise him to some extent for asking the pupils involved in the Ariel School Encounter rather "leading" questions, such as to influence their answers too much.

And I wouldn't write off the Marcels just yet, although I know there's a camp favoring the project mogul explanation or other cold war/black ops arguments that may have led to the secrecy surrounding the crash. But I'm still not sure if that's what really happened back then.

posted on Dec, 11 2017 @ 02:20 PM
link   
As I mentioned already, this case

in Delphos Kansas still stands out as one of the strongest cases on record for evidence left behind bu a ufo.

Samples of soil, which was said to have a profound water repellant nature from within the ring were sent for analysis and stored in a number of laboratories. Another witness also came forward, a Lester Ensbarger from Minneapolis, who advised Deputy Sheriff Leonard Simpson that at 7.30 pm the same night, he saw a bright light descending in the sky in Delphos. According to website ufocasebook.com: "The experience of Ron Johnson is still considered as one of the best documented 'ground trace' UFO cases of the past century, and is still unexplainable by any conventional or earthly means." Dr Faruk, who admits to a lifelong interest in the UFO phenomenon, focussed his work on investigating the chemical make up of the soil from the ring. He was able to obtain some of the stored solid after requesting it while based at Nottingham University.

edit on 11pm31pm5091 by data5091 because: (no reason given)

edit on 11pm31pm5091 by data5091 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2017 @ 02:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: data5091
in Delphos Kansas still stands out as one of the strongest cases on record for evidence left behind bu a ufo.

People mention this a lot, but you know what also causes soil to repel water? Drying it out. Just like a sponge.

posted on Dec, 11 2017 @ 03:25 PM
link   

yup probally the biggest proponent in this forum
thats exactly why i dont believe mack, along that new york abduction case that has hoax written all over it (seriously an UN president seeing an abduction)?
i am very neutral about roswell, mostly because its horribly overrated, there are plenty of other interesting crash cases out there

posted on Dec, 11 2017 @ 04:25 PM
link   
a reply to: humanoidlord

The proof goes for potential hoaxes as well as the truth. The hoax needs to expose a card that it loses all credibility on. I guess, if you get rid of the hoax, then you either have the truth, or mis-information. Still not an easy resolution.

posted on Dec, 11 2017 @ 05:47 PM
link   
a reply to: charlyv

yup

posted on Dec, 11 2017 @ 06:43 PM
link   
Was Nick Pope not only an EO1?

posted on Dec, 11 2017 @ 07:54 PM
link   
Just chiming in to say I grew up with many of these events being described, saw them break in the media of their day. Heard them downplayed and minimized by the PTB (mainly thru the voice of MSM before Internet) and would probably discount it all if I didn't have my own experience on a hill top in the company of friends and strangers, many moons ago.

This forms the basis of my whole approach to the subject, not just as a believer, but as a witness too.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join