It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Look who this was: Reporter said to have 'collaborative' relationship with CIA

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 9 2017 @ 06:24 PM
link   
Link to article

Ken Dilanian, former staffer in the Tribune Washington bureau, is accused by a website of submitting some work to the CIA before publication. (Carolyn Cole / Los Angeles Times)

This is the same guy from MSNBC who "confirmed" CNN's fake story of Trump officials getting WikiLeaks info before it was posted to the public.

Ken Dilanian, a former staff writer for the newspaper chain that includes the Los Angeles Times and the Chicago Tribune, had a "closely collaborative relationship with the CIA," according to the article, published Thursday by the online news site the Intercept.

I'm sure it's just a "coincidence".
edit on 9-12-2017 by pavil because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2017 @ 06:28 PM
link   
"accused by a website"

Huh. I can make a website and accuse you of killing my dog.

Does that make it true?

posted on Dec, 9 2017 @ 06:51 PM
link   
a reply to: pavil

Given the fact that an overwhelming majority of "CIA" are "contractors" and are not technically CIA employees, this does not surprise me at all. Whereas I would be interested in how his accusers discovered his connection with the CIA, it still is zero surprise at all to me.

In D.C., you never know who is truly doing what at all. When I was in my late teens and early twenties, I played D&D with a group of middle aged guys at a local hobby shop (Long Live The Little Soldier, on the corner of King and Henry!!!!). A few years later I was living and working in San Francisco. I would call buddies back east and ask about everyone. Sure enough, come to find out our DM that worked for Xerox (and the most inconspicuous dude ever).... was a CIA field agent. In the early to mid 90's they laid a lot of people off. I found out because he'd gone to work for an African country, and I said "No...he's a Xerox lifer!"...that was when I was told that no, he was CIA and had been laid off.

In D.C., you take people at face value as to who they are and what they do. Ask more than once, and you might suddenly find that person no longer answers your phone calls or emails.

posted on Dec, 9 2017 @ 07:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kettu
"accused by a website"

Does that make it true?

This is a conspiracy site, last time I checked. Isn't it? Research yourself and refute or support it.

posted on Dec, 9 2017 @ 07:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kettu
"accused by a website"

Does that make it true?

Yeah your right. ....this is just one of Dilianian's bosses:

David Lauter, chief of the Tribune Washington bureau, said the emails suggest a possible violation of Tribune news policy.

“We have a very clear rule that has been in place for quite a few years that tells reporters not to share copies of stories outside the newsroom,” Lauter said. “I am disappointed that the emails indicate that Ken may have violated that rule.

posted on Dec, 10 2017 @ 11:16 AM
link   
a reply to: pavil

Amazing. CIA are nothing more than professional liars, drug dealers, con artists and murderers. They've done nothing but undermine the nation and its legitimate administration.

I like Trump's private intelligence better, who have insight into places CIA can't get to - such as North Korea and Iran. CIA has proven itself incompetent as well, given the massive troves of stolen data/tools that exist for all to see.

Nice job Central lack-of Intelligence Agency: you've given criminals, terrorists and hackers control of millions of dollars worth of cyber weapons. Underachieving lackeys. Common criminals. Pro liars. Disinformers. Whatever you want to call CLIA goons. They should go join up with a real agency, like Blackwater or STRATFOR. Pays better, anyhow.

I'd like to see Trump close CIA overnight, and leave their officers in place overseas with suspended visas and revoked diplomatic papers. Private agency's first mission? To bring the CIA flunkies into custody - after they've confessed their crimes against the Republic of course. After the damage they've caused to the integrity and legitimacy of the republic, that and much more is deserved.

posted on Dec, 10 2017 @ 11:43 AM
link   
a reply to: JBurns

Yep! Exactly . The CIA love recurring sociopaths . People who are good with the mouth. The best spooks are the ones who can manipulate. The movies have us believing being a spook is living a life like jason borne and basking in clandestine glory . More like being a lier , mover and shaker 24/7 .

top topics

join