It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Twitter alternative

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 9 2017 @ 08:33 AM
link   
So, I was looking about for an alternative to Twitter and came across Counter Social. Anyone else heard of it and checked it out?

counter.social...

It's only been going a month or so and doesn't have all the bollocks you find on Twitter.

posted on Dec, 9 2017 @ 08:38 AM
link   
a reply to: RexKramerPRT

So give it a month... Check back 2 weeks after that and then forget all about it.

And 'not yet'.

The Public Library is open for bee's wax.

posted on Dec, 9 2017 @ 08:48 AM
link   
a reply to: JimNasium

Well, it has got more users than Twitter at an earlier point in it's evolution. Think I'll stick with it for a while.

posted on Dec, 9 2017 @ 09:06 AM
link   

Is it 'true' that some orange haired narcissist took down Twitter™ w/all His tweets?

posted on Dec, 9 2017 @ 11:39 AM
link   
Why would anyone need an alternative for something so pointless?

posted on Dec, 9 2017 @ 12:01 PM
link   
Just what we need, more mindless social media platforms for the zombies to moan on.

posted on Dec, 9 2017 @ 01:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jefferton

originally posted by: eXia7
Just what we need, more mindless social media platforms for the zombies to moan on.

Using 140 characters or less to complain about social platforms where people complain about things using 140 characters or less. Irony...

posted on Dec, 9 2017 @ 01:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: enlightenedservant

originally posted by: Jefferton

Using 140 characters or less to complain about social platforms where people complain about things using 140 characters or less. Irony...

Well, it's not like I could say it out loud, how else can I get my point across without typing it? This is the only "social media" I use, I don't have a fakebook or twatter account. I don't have an instagram or snapcrap account.

Maybe next time I'll go over 140 characters.

posted on Dec, 9 2017 @ 02:14 PM
link   
a reply to: eXia7

It's a joke lol. I'm pointing out that people love to complain online in 140 characters or less, even when not on twitter. So it makes perfect sense that people may want different online avenues to vent or complain, hence why the OP is asking about twitter alternatives.

posted on Dec, 9 2017 @ 03:33 PM
link   

How about a chat-forum and it is based on PokeMon™ and everyone is wearing a GoPro™ video camera???

posted on Dec, 9 2017 @ 04:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: JimNasium

How about a chat-forum and it is based on PokeMon™ and everyone is wearing a GoPro™ video camera???

Might be more realistic than some of the crap put on social media these days.

posted on Dec, 9 2017 @ 08:08 PM
link   
You mean Hilary with all her corruption. I'm glad twitter was around for the truth to come out by someone who has balls.a reply to: JimNasium

posted on Dec, 10 2017 @ 03:39 AM
link   

Your typing on a platform and you doing so in a mindless way. You have added nothing of value to the thread what so ever.
Twitter like platforms are an incredible tool for sharing information in real time with like minded people. They have been used to create social change in many parts of the world.

Twitter is fully compromised now. It is censored and the control is only going to get worse later this month because they will be monitoring both online and offiline traffic.

Want to do something about it or would you rather just complain..

Welcome to Gab, a social network that champions free speech, individual liberty, and the free flow of information online

gab.ai...

posted on Dec, 10 2017 @ 03:41 AM
link   
a reply to: enlightenedservant

Try Gad its still in its infancy but its a powerful idea..

gab.ai...

posted on Dec, 10 2017 @ 03:43 AM
link   

While CounterSocial is part of the wider Mastodon network, we are a modified, hardened node, unafraid to engage in cyber countermeasures. We also actively block nodes and access to our community from IP space originating in Russia, China, North Korea, Iran, Pakistan and Syria, along with over 100,000 VPN and proxy services.

Really this is very controlled social media platform. Dont waste your time here. It will be heavily censored.

posted on Dec, 10 2017 @ 11:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: purplemer
a reply to: enlightenedservant

Try Gad its still in its infancy but its a powerful idea..

gab.ai...

Ya on Gab not bad, on Voat also

and sign up for CounterSocial yesterday

posted on Dec, 10 2017 @ 05:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: gimcrackery
You mean Hilary with all her corruption. I'm glad twitter was around for the truth to come out by someone who has balls.a reply to: JimNasium

Yeah, that was exactly it, eggs actly.

To be quite frank, I think 99% of those who make their living in politics™ are sponges on society. I don't discriminate, I don't care if they have a (D); (R); (Ind.) does not matter to Me, they are 'suspect' just for taking part.

I base these feelings on how someone can go to D.C. w/$100k at the time when they began their career and leave D.C. a few terms later a millionaire. The math does not jibe. These folks also enjoy the bestest healthcare going. Then when they leave D.C. they enjoy the salary/benefits until they die. why? What if I typed that these same folks also enjoy a "Slush Fund" so if/when they assault a citizen (Serf) that/those victim(s) get paid off from funds furnished by the victims..

Yeah, but there is '2 parties' ....

posted on Dec, 11 2017 @ 03:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Trillium

I'll have a look out for you.

Thanks for the feedback all.

posted on Jun, 8 2018 @ 08:24 AM
link   
I have never heard of it. Let me check it

top topics

join