It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Head of House ethics panel finds evidence of abuse in US government surveillance

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+16 more 
posted on Dec, 8 2017 @ 08:56 PM
link   
Well this is getting real, and real quick.

source

House Intelligence Committee Chairman Devin Nunes, R-Calif., told Fox News on Friday that his investigators have already uncovered evidence of "abuse" in the U.S. government's surveillance practices.

“I believe there's evidence that abuses have occurred," Nunes said in his first interview since the House Ethics Committee dismissed allegations he had wrongly released classified information as part of the panel’s Russia investigation.

"We have had an ongoing investigation into DOJ [Department of Justice] and FBI since mid-summer for both FISA [Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Court] abuse and other matters that we can't get into too much. But it is very concerning."

Nunes pointed to the leaked conversation of former national security adviser, Gen. Mike Flynn with the Russian ambassador. The congressman said he is unaware of any leak investigation by the FBI or Justice Department.

In the short term, Nunes said, the Justice Department will be providing Deputy FBI Director Andrew McCabe and Strzok, and possibly the main handler who former British spy Christopher Steele researched the dossier for Fusion GPS

And the real interesting part of this...

Nunes said reports he had recused himself from the Russia probe were deliberately misleading, and he remained chairman, directing his Republicans colleagues on the investigation.

It seems the thread I made about these folks getting handed over from the mueller team are very tied in to this story.

+3 more 
posted on Dec, 8 2017 @ 09:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

Damn Nunes is not wasting any time on this one. Contrary to Sessions who seems to move like a turtle. Did i read that correct that they have Strzok? I think it's offical now. The storm has finally arrived.

posted on Dec, 8 2017 @ 09:49 PM
link   

You may want to correct your title. Nunes is the chairman of the House Permanent Select Intelligence Committee aka the House Intel Committee.

God help us all if a shill like Nunes was head of anything with "ethics" in the name.

I think he's full of #. Think about it. What he claims to be investigating shouldn't be that hard to prove if it's true. He says it's a small group of people involved but then rattles off a list of all these people (every one of them familiar from recent right-wing news reports) that he believes have information.

"I believe there's evidence that abuses have occurred" isn't the same as I have proof of definite abuses. Jose Castro made a similar statement several months ago about the House Intel Committees Russian active measures inquiry. He even went so far as to say he'd be surprised if people didn't go to jail. How's that working out?
edit on 2017-12-8 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2017 @ 09:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Perfectenemy

Damn Nunes is not wasting any time on this one. Contrary to Sessions who seems to move like a turtle. Did i read that correct that they have Strzok? I think it's offical now. The storm has finally arrived.

Being a bit of a contriaion (sp) here. Sessions DOJ is likely overwhelmed and they do not ordinarily report what they are investigating. With all the Gang arrests seems to me they are going from bottom up. Think there should not be a rush to judgement on DOJ.

That said, won't say Sessions may not be at least semi swamp.

+8 more 
posted on Dec, 8 2017 @ 09:52 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

Well many of these claims could be easily proven or shown to be false if the fbi wasmt stonewalling the committee at every possible turn.

Still won't hand over what was shown to a fisa court.

I wonder why?

posted on Dec, 8 2017 @ 09:56 PM
link   

Wow.
Shizz is happening.

posted on Dec, 8 2017 @ 09:57 PM
link   
Not really news. The CIA got caught spying on Congress members back in 2014. I think the story was "newsworthy" for the MSM for about two days.

Today the story might get an hour before we're told what the hottest toy for Christmas is and what dress Meghan Markle is wearing.

posted on Dec, 8 2017 @ 10:07 PM
link   

so the fisa laws were written to prevent the exact abuse alledged in the op

anyone who used the ic against political oppisition is entitled to jail time

perhaps this will lead to the 702 eliminated and reform of the patriot act

posted on Dec, 8 2017 @ 10:10 PM
link   

Hahaha ( damnit, it's worth the smackdown by ATS)

You keep trotting that tired ol nag out...
Why are you so angry?

posted on Dec, 8 2017 @ 10:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian

You may want to correct your title. Nunes is the chairman of the House Permanent Select Intelligence Committee aka the House Intel Committee.

God help us all if a shill like Nunes was head of anything with "ethics" in the name.

I think he's full of #. Think about it. What he claims to be investigating shouldn't be that hard to prove if it's true. He says it's a small group of people involved but then rattles off a list of all these people (every one of them familiar from recent right-wing news reports) that he believes have information.

"I believe there's evidence that abuses have occurred" isn't the same as I have proof of definite abuses. Jose Castro made a similar statement several months ago about the House Intel Committees Russian active measures inquiry. He even went so far as to say he'd be surprised if people didn't go to jail. How's that working out?

Pretty sure Russian collusion should have been a really quick find with all of the claims.

This current direction points more towards what is really happening and something that took months or years in planning.

Think about it for a minute. Trump has never been in politics but proving whatever Russian connection and underhanded dealings were claimed is apparently either really hard or doesn't exist.

Now finding out the real backstory and how/who was responsible for the whole plan....that is something that actually takes time. Figuring out people who have been in very high political positions for years with multiple connections....that takes time.

Russian collusion for someone who just began 10 months ago should be a quick open and shut case for a team of seasoned veterans.

Odd that people aren't seeing the writing on the wall, even with the Mueller team being picked apart one by one.

posted on Dec, 8 2017 @ 11:00 PM
link   
Nunes is so full of #! If he is so concerned about potential abuses in the surveillance system, perhaps they should move on Tulsi Gabbards bill to eliminate the damn #!

Its been sitting in a damn subcommittee for six months now! How #ing long does it take to debate the damn thing!? Its only like six paragraphs or so!

posted on Dec, 9 2017 @ 12:05 AM
link   
Nunes a shil, Ante? He's proving himself one of the last good guys and a tenacious fighter. Dang proud of the young man myself.

Damn...finally. Tick Tock is what Winning sounded like after all lol!
edit on 9-12-2017 by The GUT because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2017 @ 12:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler

Well many of these claims could be easily proven or shown to be false if the fbi wasmt stonewalling the committee at every possible turn.

Still won't hand over what was shown to a fisa court.

I wonder why?

Are we just speculating about what's going on? If that's the case, I would say the DOJ has reservations about Nunes and isn't cooperating more than they absolutely have to.

Why did they clear Strzok to testify in front of the Senate Intel Committee (which he did on November 17th), also chaired by a Republican? (as are all four congressional inquiries and as was the ethics probe into Nunes's handling of potentially classified information).

Also, if you read the latest satement from the DOJ:

UPDATE: On Sunday, Justice Department spokeswoman Sarah Isgur Flores sent this statement: "We disagree with the Chairman's characterization and will continue to work with congressional committees to provide the information they request consistent with our national security responsibilities. The Department has already provided members of [the House Intelligence Committee] and House leadership with several hundred pages of classified documents and multiple briefings -- including for example clear answers as to whether any FBI payments were made to a source in question related to the dossier -- and has more recently cleared key witnesses they have requested to testify, including Mr. McCabe, Mr. Strzok, and the alleged handler in question."

They're refuting his claims of stonewalling. This also comports with what Sara Carter's source said (link is down atm but I think you'll recall the article as we discussed parts of it a few days ago: "EXCLUSIVE: FBI Supervisor BOOTED from Mueller Probe INTERVIEWED Mike Flynn"):

A source familiar with the chairman’s request said Nunes knows the answers to “whether FBI paid for dossier, whether dossier launched investigation, whether the dossier was used as basis for FISA applications. what steps FBI took to verify dossier upon receipt and since in addition, DOJ has cleared every witness he asked for. Period.”

I think it's fair to question whether or not Nunes is grandstanding to provide a counter-narrative. I guess we'll see.
edit on 2017-12-9 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2017 @ 10:37 PM
link   

There is no such crime as collusion.

Nunes was cleared by the ethics committee.

Sessions was recently cleared by the FBI in that he was not required to report his contact with the russian ambassador.

That alone is enough to allow him to unrecuse himself.

There is unconfirmed reports that Wray met with the IG and essentially told him to get the led out and that he wanted reports on McCabe and several others in a matter of weeks and not months. Supposedly the IG agreed to speed up the review on these people.

As for the complaints against Nunes and his involvement with subpoeans prior to being cleared he is the only person on the committee than can issue subpoenas. The ones issued were for a Republican on the committee doing the investigation while Nunes was undergoing the ethics review.

A fact the left wing media leaves out for obvious reasons.

Thomas Paine‏ @Thomas1774Paine
4h4 hours ago

Thomas Paine Retweeted Thomas Paine

I'll give a little Hint but the bigger story next week is even better. FBI folks tell me Wray told IG to step it the hell up; wants IG report on McCabe & others in his hands within weeks, not months. IG has agreed to expedite. More to come.

edit on 9-12-2017 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2017 @ 01:19 AM
link   

Well who are you going to believe, these people or your lying eyes?.

Has the fbi handed over what they submitt3d to the fisa court?

Did they ever say why strzok was demoted?

Nope.

posted on Dec, 10 2017 @ 02:13 AM
link   
a reply to: Grambler
How can I press Nunes publicly about Tulsi Gabbards bill to eliminate the wireless spy tapping crap altogether? Can I spam his twitter and force people to realize it even exists?

Who can I do the same for Citizens United?? I think we need to spam these guy's twitter feeds so that million of people are forced to even accept it exists. I just got an email recently that 19 states out of thirty something needed have ratified amendments that support a constitutional amendment to end that craptastic #.

If we manage to get it done in the next twenty years, we may actually earn God's forgiveness before he gets here. Otherwise he is going to lay waste to our society and give the world to the Chinese. Our existence depends on eliminating a lot of # legal acts passed since the turn of the century.

posted on Dec, 10 2017 @ 02:47 AM
link   

Nope.

That wasn't a demotion! The HR department does important work for the Bureau!

posted on Dec, 10 2017 @ 05:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: RadioRobert

Nope.

That wasn't a demotion! The HR department does important work for the Bureau!

The same thing was said about Department D the of RSHA Amt IV.

posted on Dec, 11 2017 @ 01:43 PM
link   
Head of House ethics panel finds evidence of abuse in US government surveillance

“I believe there's evidence that abuses have occurred," Nunes said

A) The headline is not supported by the content. Believing something exists and actually "finding" it are two different things.

B) Nunes is a joke that was so thoroughly publicly shamed for burying his head up Trump's butt that he was forced to recuse himself from the Russia probe.
edit on 11-12-2017 by soberbacchus because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2017 @ 01:47 PM
link   
a reply to: soberbacchus

The man has authority and influence...particularly with his party (Republicans) in power. I hope Nunes not entering a pre-mature Christmas slow-down like many of his colleagues.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join