It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rep. Trent Franks of Arizona says he will resign

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2017 @ 11:11 AM
link   
This is a little over the top. The PC world has gotten to me a bit crazy.

If my wife came home and said her male asked if she could surrogate a child I might be taken aback or pissed but if it was truly to help someone I see nothing wrong with it. A simple no is good. If he made it sexual, like, he can I sleep with you to have a child I would beat his ass...or in this case he should step down.

There is MUCH more if he is stepping down. Much more however.

posted on Dec, 8 2017 @ 11:27 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

While that's totally inappropriate, I wouldn't automatically classify it as "predatory". It might have been but it also might have just been a case of ignorantly not understanding that your position might make somebody feel pressured to take your request out of a desire to be a good subordinate.

We just recently got asked to adopt our boss's cat (we both work for her) and she totally gets it. She prefaced the whole conversation with that concept so we both knew she wasn't wanting us to feel obligated.

I couldn't imagine if she asked my boyfriend to donate sperm.

posted on Dec, 8 2017 @ 12:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Abysha

There is also the possibility that more happened that isn't being released as well. That's the benefit of getting in front of it instead of letting it blow up on national media and all your dirty laundry gets cross examined by every person with a political opinion.

posted on Dec, 8 2017 @ 12:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
a reply to: Abysha

There is also the possibility that more happened that isn't being released as well. That's the benefit of getting in front of it instead of letting it blow up on national media and all your dirty laundry gets cross examined by every person with a political opinion.

Yeah, it could go either way. I know nothing of this man's character. He might be the type who genuinely wants to right his past wrongs or maybe he's just being strategic and playing damage control.

I'm looking forward to a politician who's not at risk of any suspicion saying "hey, I know this will never come back to bite me but I did a thing I know was wrong and I've since made amends but I want my voters to know about it" and simply not resign. That guy will probably gain some voters, actually.

posted on Dec, 8 2017 @ 01:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Mandroid7 I am going to have to agree with Krazyshot. The op was pretty much in the middle. They expressed sympathy for the husband and wife. I think stepping down was the right call. No point in dragging it out and having reporters harass your family over something like this. While what he did was pretty darn inexcusable. My sympathy goes out to the accusers and the accused. He owned it like a man and is stepping down. I can think of a few others on both sides that should do the same.

posted on Dec, 8 2017 @ 01:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Abysha I met him on time at a dinner party. I was pretty upset going into the party as before I just spent 3 hours with Sheriff Joe and that man creeps me out with his crazy views on the youth. But the rep seemed like a nice stand up kinda guy. He only knew my grandparents and never met me before but he approached me because I was one of the few younger people in the room and he saw me sharing a drink with my grandfather. He was polite and had a smile the whole times. He asked me what I felt should be changed in Arizona. I had to tell him I really don't have an answer and he laughed. After that I told him that I can't answer that cause I was not a resident of Arizona.

edit on 2/19/2013 by Allaroundyou because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2017 @ 01:38 PM
link   
Surrogacy isn't even in the same league as sexual predator.

Given the clinical procedures involved, and hormone therapy.

I love the leaps made in this thread.

posted on Dec, 8 2017 @ 01:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: RomeByFire

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
a reply to: intrepid

That's fair. I guess, but I only posted this because I was surprised that no one else had.

Do you really have to wonder why?

I would have posted it if I had seen it somewhere else first.
I applaud Krazyshot for posting it, it brought me news.

I don't care about the R or D behind the name... whether they are stupid or predators, give them their walking papers.

posted on Dec, 8 2017 @ 01:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Abysha
a reply to: Krazysh0t

While that's totally inappropriate, I wouldn't automatically classify it as "predatory". It might have been but it also might have just been a case of ignorantly not understanding that your position might make somebody feel pressured to take your request out of a desire to be a good subordinate.

We just recently got asked to adopt our boss's cat (we both work for her) and she totally gets it. She prefaced the whole conversation with that concept so we both knew she wasn't wanting us to feel obligated.

I couldn't imagine if she asked my boyfriend to donate sperm.

Agreed, it does not , on the face of it, seem predatory.
But it was stupid.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join