It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Al Fraken as Stuart Smalley: Daily Affirmations--Saturday Night Live

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 7 2017 @ 12:52 PM
link   
He's has done much for Minnesota Citizens and the government in general... give him that. His accomplishments are numerous, respected and appreciated. But, I suppose we should observe at least a 30 sec. bit of Al Franken's "Daily Affirmations by Stuart Smalley" from Saturday Night Live.

In an a strange way...watch it and see if you can relate to today. For those that never new him as part of Franken and Davis, or seen his movie "Stuart saves his family"...I think it gives an insight to how one (Franken) observed and/or sees life in general...even if it was awhile ago.

He needs now to go...its the right thing. But, thank him for at least the basic minimum he's achieved since Stuart.

edit on 7-12-2017 by mysterioustranger because: oops

posted on Dec, 7 2017 @ 12:56 PM
link   
I watched saturday night live a lot in the 90's, he was the worst cast member I remember, so i'll skip the video.

Sadly, this is his comedic legacy, I'm sure that hurts him the most now that he has no sway in the political game.

posted on Dec, 7 2017 @ 12:59 PM
link   
I always preferred Mike Myers.

Was he speaking of Al?

posted on Dec, 7 2017 @ 02:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: MisterSpock
I watched saturday night live a lot in the 90's, he was the worst cast member I remember, so i'll skip the video.

Sadly, this is his comedic legacy, I'm sure that hurts him the most now that he has no sway in the political game.

I was thinking the same thing. Lots of folks didnt watch a lot of these current "players" over the years including Dirty Donald...whereas we did.

Still...worth knowing...maybe not watching....

posted on Dec, 7 2017 @ 02:43 PM
link   
His election was mired in controversy, it was really close then they found ballots in a trunk of a car after they gave it to him. Never seen him as legitimate. And the only thing he ever did for SNL was make the other comics shine because he sucked so bad.

posted on Dec, 7 2017 @ 02:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: TinfoilTP
His election was mired in controversy, it was really close then they found ballots in a trunk of a car after they gave it to him. Never seen him as legitimate. And the only thing he ever did for SNL was make the other comics shine because he sucked so bad.

Absolutely....

posted on Dec, 7 2017 @ 05:14 PM
link   
I am a bit confused as to point of this thread, sorry.

Is it a tribute to Al Franken?

You say he has to go, so do you think Roy Moore has to go as well?

I think this all started with the Trump grab em by the p@#$y tape. Sexual abuse was deemed OK by enough people to elect him president.

posted on Dec, 7 2017 @ 05:22 PM
link   
For me Al Franken always was, is, and ever shall be...Stuart Smalley. And that's not saying much.

My ex-wife used to quote the "I'm good enough, I'm..." routine incessantly. I think it actually lowered her I.Q. Certainly, it didn't help her E.Q.!

posted on Dec, 7 2017 @ 05:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: tinner07
I am a bit confused as to point of this thread, sorry.

Is it a tribute to Al Franken?

You say he has to go, so do you think Roy Moore has to go as well?

I think this all started with the Trump grab em by the p@#$y tape. Sexual abuse was deemed OK by enough people to elect him president.

Certainly NOT a TRIBUTE! Im only addressing the former comedian who found humor in all...now a disgraced politician. I think his humor...and that which followed him...he thought was ok to fool around and mess with women. Not everything is funny as he once tried to be.

I dont feel bad for the guy...its his fault.

TO ADD: Yeah I think Roy and Donny boy should all ride with Al in the car. Not sorry about that.
edit on 7-12-2017 by mysterioustranger because: add

posted on Dec, 7 2017 @ 06:18 PM
link   
a reply to: mysterioustranger

Davis was Always Considered the Funnier Guy than Al , he Wrote Most of their Material ........

posted on Dec, 7 2017 @ 06:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zanti Misfit
a reply to: mysterioustranger

Davis was Always Considered the Funnier Guy than Al , he Wrote Most of their Material ........

I recall that. Those 2 together were pretty good. Franken was the Jerry Lewis to Davis's Dean Martin.

top topics

join