It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Internet War starts! Google V Amazon.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 7 2017 @ 12:00 PM
link   
So the war for customers for the internet has started.
Amazon is banning Google from its products soon!
see BBC news

"Google Amazon row leads to restricted YouTube access.
Google plans to stop Amazon's Fire TV streaming devices being able to use YouTube from the start of 2018.
The search giant has also blocked a workaround that Amazon
introduced to restore YouTube access to a screen-based version of its smart speaker.
Experts say the steps mark an escalation of a business row in
which consumers have been caught up in the fallout."

I can not wait for Net neutrality.
You and I are a cash cow for them.
and they will not let us see what the others sells.
as they may lose custermers.

I have seen it in ( Sci-Fi ) books
the big companies have armies and fight each other.
no longer counties going to war.
well! look at usa! a Big business man rules america.....
edit on Thu Dec 7 2017 by DontTreadOnMe because: EX TAGS ADDED IMPORTANT: Using Content From Other Websites on ATS

posted on Dec, 7 2017 @ 12:06 PM
link   
a reply to: buddha

Uhhhhhh

Me thinks net neutrality isn’t going to fix this....infact we already HAVE it

However your post does highlight beautifully the fact that people champion causes and don’t know what they do and do not do....

Not a bash on you at all, but hey you learned something today!!!

This just goes to show what Net Neutrality Will and will not do
edit on 12/7/2017 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2017 @ 12:07 PM
link   
Depriving innocent consumers of a service that is generally available and open to the public? It sounds like They are refusing to bake each others cakes for a gay wedding to me.

Good news is, I shop in the world of humans. I remember when Wal-Mart stopped selling Amazon products in the early 2010's. I thought that was funny.

So I do not even use google searches if I can help it, I don't talk to google, I don't have a prime membership, I do not shop on Amazon or utilize any of their consumer gadgets....

I guess this affects me zero! Hooray! Although I wish there was a new alternative to youtube that was not so anti- free speech.
edit on 12-7-2017 by worldstarcountry because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2017 @ 12:07 PM
link   

My understanding is that we currently HAVE net neutrality, and they're shooting to take it away.

Soon you won't be able to access youtube unless you buy your internet from google- or pay your provider extra for the "google streaming media" upgrade package.

Too funny to watch google and amazon fight it out, though. Suckers.

posted on Dec, 7 2017 @ 12:15 PM
link   
Obvious work around to stop something that is destructive to both of them, buy shares in one another and have representatives from each company on the other's board's, not exactly a merger or a take over but just enough so that the various anti monopoly commissions' around the world are not too upset yet close enough that they can play along a little more nicely.

Until then this may be an aggressive action by Google to force Amazon shares to drop in order to stake a buy in or even a buy out of amazon stock, or maybe there managing directors have had affairs with one another wives or something.

posted on Dec, 7 2017 @ 12:24 PM
link   
YT already went full blown SJW and censors everything that they deem offensive. Personally i don't trust Google and Amazon not one bit. I'm still surprised that supposedly smart people bought the listening device called Echo willingly to spy on them 24/7. If Amazon and Google want to duke it out between themselves by all means go right ahead.

posted on Dec, 7 2017 @ 12:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: buddha
I can not wait for Net neutrality.

I am not so sure that "net neutrality" will stop corporations fighting against each other.

All this shows is the power of these corporations and how deeply they have become part of the furniture.

posted on Dec, 7 2017 @ 12:29 PM
link   
Why don't one buy the other.

That way we get Googmazon.

posted on Dec, 7 2017 @ 12:33 PM
link   
a reply to: worldstarcountry

I don't buy much myself but I found that a large percentage of the stuff I got from Amazon was coming from another shop.

Looked them up and now I can deal direct with them. Same price and I don't feel so dirty!

posted on Dec, 7 2017 @ 12:35 PM
link   
You guys realize that this could just be a ploy where google and amazon are working together to make sure everyone buys both a chromecast AND a firestick, right?

posted on Dec, 7 2017 @ 12:36 PM
link   
a reply to: buddha I've been following this closely and it is very interesting to see happen. Honestly I am surprised, a few years ago some friends and I were coming up with predictions for the future of internet doings. I predicted those two would team up..... Well it is clear I was very wrong. I was going to get my mom a Amazon stick along with a few other things for Christmas. Now I just don't know what stick to get her. I was looking at a few mini pc sticks but she is old and that may be to much for her. Hell I got a smart watch cause she asked for one on her last birthday but that old hag hasn't even opened the box.

posted on Dec, 7 2017 @ 12:39 PM
link   
a reply to: lordcomac Ahhh kinda like Musk and Bezos. So maybe I was right lol!!!

posted on Dec, 7 2017 @ 12:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Allaroundyou
Get her the Roku. It still has access to Amazon services if your a member you just sign in. Plus it gets youtube, NBC, fox, FX, so much free stuff, netflix, etc etc ...

Yea, I have a Roku tv actually, but they make the sticks and boxes as well.

posted on Dec, 7 2017 @ 12:49 PM
link   
This will open the door for some startup company to create a "video gateway" website that allows video to be streamed between the different devices.

posted on Dec, 7 2017 @ 12:53 PM
link   
Can I hope for both sides to eviscerate each other so small business can fill in the gap and I can feel good about what I am buying again rather than mildly nauseated.

posted on Dec, 7 2017 @ 12:54 PM
link   
a reply to: worldstarcountry I actually just ordered one a few minutes ago. I think I made the best choice with Roku.

posted on Dec, 7 2017 @ 12:58 PM
link   
Millions will die! Dogs and cats... living together! Mass hysteria!

Or maybe it wont. IDK.

I see this more of "look we're fighting! See people! We hate each other". Then when you turn your back they scoff at you for buying their "war". And it will cost you more in the future as they sell more "guns" to both sides (i.e., you will have to purchase both of their products). Which is what they want... more of your money.

posted on Dec, 7 2017 @ 12:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Allaroundyou
Trust me you did. Obviously the channels that you only get with cable will require some kind of login code from your provider. But you do get regular FOX and NBC for sure. Pandora radio, Google video, Amazon video, netflix, youtube, iheart radio, and just so many different channels that are loaded with free movies and show like popcorn flix, tubitv, roku channel and more.

However you will have to live with commercial interruptions just like if it were regular tv on the free stuff. obviously the paid subscriptions are commercial free.

You get Reuters, wallstreet journal, and lots of programming from around the world as well. Tons of music and music video channels. There are alot of obsolete channels though that are no longer available, but they have not been removed from selection.

Its kind of annoying because you have to try and launch it after install only to find out it is no longer supported.
edit on 12-7-2017 by worldstarcountry because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2017 @ 01:11 PM
link   

This is great popcorn sport.

It may be the undoing of them both which I want to see desperately. They are both tax dodging scoundrels and enemies of humanity. They are way too powerful. It may well be the time that others get to creep back into the picture.

Our current path of letting these two rule the roost is certainly not tidings of comfort and joy.

It could get ugly for a while for us customers. It could also be real bad news and mean everyone starts charging for everything (that day may come) online. That's when I'll have to leave. It could also mean that there is no universality and the internet will no longer fit together as a whole, being broken up into chunks of service.

It is all up for grabs!

Ding ding!

posted on Dec, 7 2017 @ 05:41 PM
link   

The new Giants of old.

Perhaps they'll just merge into one big ass Cyclopse and call itself Amagoo!

top topics

<<   2 >>

join