It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Top DOJ official demoted amid probe of contacts with Trump dossier firm

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+13 more 
posted on Dec, 7 2017 @ 11:23 AM
link   
Wow...just wow. Will the connections to corruption never end in this Russian nothingburger?

A senior Justice Department official was demoted this week amid an ongoing investigation into his contacts with the opposition research firm responsible for the anti-Trump “dossier,” the department confirmed to Fox News.

Until Wednesday morning, Bruce G. Ohr held two titles at DOJ: associate deputy attorney general, a post that placed him four doors down from his boss, Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein; and director of the Organized Crime Drug Enforcement Task Forces (OCDETF), a program described by the department as “the centerpiece of the attorney general’s drug strategy.”

Initially senior department officials could not provide the reason for Ohr’s demotion, but Fox News has learned that evidence collected by the House Permanent Select Committee on Intelligence (HPSCI), chaired by Rep. Devin Nunes, R-Calif., indicates that Ohr met during the 2016 campaign with Christopher Steele, the former British spy who authored the “dossier.” 

Later, a Justice Department official told Fox News, "It is unusual for anyone to wear two hats as he has done recently. This person is going to go back to a single focus—director of our organized crime and drug enforcement unit. As you know, combatting transnational criminal organizations and drug trafficking is a top priority for the Attorney General."

Additionally, House investigators have determined that Ohr met shortly after the election with Glenn Simpson, the founder of Fusion GPS – the opposition research firm that hired Steele to compile the dossier with funds supplied by the Hillary Clinton campaign and the Democratic National Committee. By that point, according to published reports, the dossier had been in the hands of the FBI, which exists under the aegis of DOJ, for some five months, and the surveillance on Page had been commenced more than two months prior.

source
edit on 12/7/17 by Vasa Croe because: (no reason given)

+11 more 
posted on Dec, 7 2017 @ 11:29 AM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

Ha, Mueller will probably replace him with Al Franken.

+7 more 
posted on Dec, 7 2017 @ 11:30 AM
link   
Say what? This investigation is a totally unbiased, apolitical, search for the TRUTH! Ignore this nonsense here. Move along.

+7 more 
posted on Dec, 7 2017 @ 11:32 AM
link   

They were digging towards the FISA warrant and the Dossier being used for it today in Wray's hearing...

Tick tock....

posted on Dec, 7 2017 @ 11:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: BestinShow

Ha, Mueller will probably replace him with Al Franken.

The FBI's credibility can't get much worse, so why not give it shot?

posted on Dec, 7 2017 @ 11:34 AM
link   
Now again, this story is based on anonymous officials, as least as to the reasoning behind his demotion.

But yet more smoke that the people in the intel or investigative community have terrible biaases against Trump.

+2 more 
posted on Dec, 7 2017 @ 11:35 AM
link   

What type of curcumstances would have led to this guys holding 2 positions, which is noted as unusual by DoJ itself in the article.

And this guy met with Chris Steele in 2016 and Glenn Simpson just after the election? And is now being demoted? Nah...this doesn't stink at all right?

posted on Dec, 7 2017 @ 11:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: GuidedKill

They were digging towards the FISA warrant and the Dossier being used for it today in Wray's hearing...

Tick tock....

There is really no way of hiding what the dossier was used for now...

link   

originally posted by: Grambler
Now again, this story is based on anonymous officials, as least as to the reasoning behind his demotion.

But yet more smoke that the people in the intel or investigative community have terrible biaases against Trump.

Well he did hold 2 positions in the DoJ, which is unusual even without them saying it.

link   

Tick tock....

I saw that.

As has been my position all along, if that dossier was used to get a fisa warrant, especially if strzok himself was one of the people pushing the dossier to the fisa court, this is the biggest scandal we have seen and put watergate to shame.

Why is the FBI stonewalling on what was in their fisa court application?

posted on Dec, 7 2017 @ 11:39 AM
link   

Not good. I mean not good it happened, good that they are demoted. But I want more details of those meetings and how the DOJ and FBI used that info.

posted on Dec, 7 2017 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Tick tock....

I saw that.

As has been my position all along, if that dossier was used to get a fisa warrant, especially if strzok himself was one of the people pushing the dossier to the fisa court, this is the biggest scandal we have seen and put watergate to shame.

Why is the FBI stonewalling on what was in their fisa court application?

I think we will have our answer shortly...There is no way they can hide from these requests now. The FBI will have to produce the info to the IG which in short will make the info available to any committee investigation their handling of the Russian investigation as well as the unmasking.

I like you feel they are one in the same.

posted on Dec, 7 2017 @ 11:40 AM
link   
Seems Nunez has been all over this for a while.

This little tidbit at the bottom:

Nunes, who has instructed HPSCI staff to draft contempt-of-Congress citations against Rosenstein and FBI Director Christopher Wray – preparatory to a House vote on whether the citations should be enforced – issued a fresh subpoena on Thursday specifically covering Ohr and his files.

Wonder if they will try to stone wall him on this as well.

posted on Dec, 7 2017 @ 11:42 AM
link   
I'll go out on a limb here...

The dossier was used to secure the FISA warrant, after the first attempt failed.

Pretty obvious.

posted on Dec, 7 2017 @ 11:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: CrawlingChaos

The dossier was used to secure the FISA warrant, after the first attempt failed.

Pretty obvious.

Thats what it seems like to me as well.

Here is a thread I did that discusses just how abusive and serious that is.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Dec, 7 2017 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Pretty obvious.

I'll check out your thread ; But yes I am very much aware of how serious that action is ; *If* that is what occurred. Although I do believe that's exactly what occurred.

posted on Dec, 7 2017 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Pretty obvious.

Makes me really wonder if the whispers of HRC trying to cut a deal are true. Her campaign and the DNC have already been tied to the payments for the dossier.....

posted on Dec, 7 2017 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Pretty obvious.

I'll check out your thread ; But yes I am very much aware of how serious that action is ; *If* that is what occurred. Although I do believe that's exactly what occurred.

Oh absolutely.

Neither our feelings or anyone elses is proof of guilt.

Thats why I am upset by the FBIs stonewalling of showing exactly what they presented to the fisa court.

posted on Dec, 7 2017 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Tick tock....

There is really no way of hiding what the dossier was used for now...

Also, it's clear now that the FBI had a hand in it from the beginning. They and the Dems literally commissioned the creation of "evidence" to use as the basis for a FISA warrant. That's like a cop planting drugs on a suspect; it's nothing less than a criminal conspiracy.

posted on Dec, 7 2017 @ 12:01 PM
link   
Nunes is going full Untouchables on their asses. I knew something was up as soon they tried to discredit him now we know the reason why. The Steele Dossier will be the downfall of all this russian collusion bs. I would laugh my ass off if /pol's troll with the piss tape fake leads to serious convictions on both sides and Trump comes out on top of it squeaky clean. Just imagine the apology tour from Hollywood,MSM,politicians and every "comedian" that made fun of him during this. I want especially John Oliver with his 2 scoops to suffer endless humilation. Obnoxious prick.

Like i said it's always the quiet investigations that are the most dangerous. Have you heard anything from Awan and DWS? Me neither.

edit on 7-12-2017 by Perfectenemy because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join