It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Watch Al Franken make a statement regarding his political future

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 7 2017 @ 12:40 PM
link   
a reply to: face23785

Even worse, it'll work on some of the pubic. How many remains to be seen. I can only hope it will be a small percentage for a change.

TheRedneck

posted on Dec, 7 2017 @ 12:44 PM
link   

The precilla thing is disgusting.. Roy Moore’s is not upon looking it up...

At least not concerning his wife.. he really just made a comment about “noticing his wife when she was 15, 8 years before he would actually meet her.”.

Which sounded to me like him embellishing the story to appear more “love at first sight..”

posted on Dec, 7 2017 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Then would I have retracted my statement??

posted on Dec, 7 2017 @ 12:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

There is no fair format for issues outside of the legal system.. and most of these accusations are only illegal from the most extreme POV..

Sure, blowing your cigarette smoke into some ones face is TECHNICALLY assault and battery, but it shouldn’t be..

Emotions are subjective and should only be considered in the most extreme of cases..

People feel anyway they want to about anything they want to..

If your spouse FEELS like your cheating o then , does not mean they are cheating.. feelings are not necessarily the reality.. they are how we make a very poor attempt to interpret reality

What the court of public opinion?!?

Yea like that has often worked out lol..

People will believe anything that makes a good story.

posted on Dec, 7 2017 @ 12:59 PM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

Which is why I turned on trump the second he brought those 3 frauds to the debate..

See I’m consistent..

Let’s not foget first Cosby went down..

then trump told the world it was ok to falsely accuse your opponents of rape at the debate..

Then the media decided to let anyone willing to lie on trump have air time..

And here we are...

posted on Dec, 7 2017 @ 01:02 PM
link   
a reply to: JoshuaCox

I'd just like to say a heartfelt "Thank You!" for actually looking it up with an open mind. Of all the people in the state of Alabama to choose from, the accusers had to choose the one that is most respected and least likely to be guilty.

The media furor over the Moore issue is pretty much limited to those outside Alabama. Alabamians are typically, from my experience being one of them, just shaking their heads in disgust at the accusers.

TheRedneck

posted on Dec, 7 2017 @ 01:13 PM
link   

I really paid no attention to the women Trump brought to the debate, I saw that as a bit of tit-for-tat, as in, "if you're going to start accusing me without proof, remember people have accused you without proof." That's why I haven't weighed in on the recent political turmoil around Clinton's White House 'exploits.'

Back when it happened, I never really cared if Lewinski was doing what she apparently did. That's between her, Bill, and Hillary. I cared that Bill lied to weasel his way out of it, but that's a different thread. And I cared more than all those things put together that children around the country were watching the local news and asking shocking questions of their parents about things they shouldn't have been exposed to yet. I saw that as child abuse, and the fault lies on the backs of the MSM.

Had it not been for the furor over false allegations against Roy Moore, I would likely have defended Franken and Conyers. But again, it's tit-for-tat. There is some poetic justice in someone who accuses falsely becoming the accused.

TheRedneck

posted on Dec, 7 2017 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Did you change your conclusion? Do you still think Franken's actions don't constitute assault?
edit on 7 12 17 by face23785 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2017 @ 01:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Tempter

I thought it was priceless when he said something to the fact the irony of it being the POTUS is a predator along with Moore. Anyone who doesn't think trump and Moore, are not guilty have to be blind. Even if one or two of the women were lying, there is no way they all are. trump should step down, just based on that, he has more than one rape accusation, and Moore should drop out he was a WELL known predator. BOTH should be prosecuted.

edit on 7-12-2017 by kurthall because: fix

edit on 7-12-2017 by kurthall because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2017 @ 01:22 PM
link   
a reply to: CrawlingChaos

Fist off as a disclaimer I would like to mention I am not referring to allegations of rape, child molestation or instances where an authority figure tried to leverage termination of a promotion on sex.. I think we all agree those should be criminal.

A) these are not women on the street.. they are “friends” at drunken parties in a lot of cases..

If a drunk guy at a party tried to kiss you , then leaves instantly upon being rebuffed, we’re you really assaulted???

B) even in a worst case scenerio “guy on the street “ situation involving my sister/daughter/exc, though I might punch him if I was there at the time, no I do not think he should be fired 20 years later.

posted on Dec, 7 2017 @ 01:25 PM
link   
a reply to: kurthall

Even if one or two of the women were lying, there is no way they all are.

So you're saying it is unusual for people to lie?

TheRedneck

posted on Dec, 7 2017 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Yeah, he is accused of far less than trump and Moore, and he steps down. I want trump and Moors accusers to scream for justice. I bet they could pass a lie detector test. Have two of trumps accusers take one and two of Moors, then trump and Moor take one, what do you think the results would be? I bet the accusers would pass with flying colors and trump and Moor would fail!

posted on Dec, 7 2017 @ 01:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheRedneck

Even if one or two of the women were lying, there is no way they all are.

So you're saying it is unusual for people to lie?

TheRedneck

I know people lie. That is a given. I don't believe for one second more than 10 women all lied. No. Like I said, get two of the accusers from both Moor and trump, give them lie detector tests. Then have trump and Moor take one. I bet they would fail, and the women would not.

posted on Dec, 7 2017 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Blowing a cigarette into someone’s face in a threatening manner is literally legally assault (the threatening manner) and battery (blowing the smoke)...

So ANYTHING legally can be considered assault..

Does it fit my personal definition of assault??

No.

I think an assault has to include an threat of violence and/or retaliation for refusal.. maybe a refusal to take no fit an answer and continueing to touch them after being rebuffed..

posted on Dec, 7 2017 @ 01:35 PM
link   
Saying that Franken voluntarily stepped down is like saying that a bank robber, on the lam for 10 years, after changing his appearance and assuming several different identities, upon finally being caught and hauled kicking and screaming to jail, "turned himself in to the first police officer he encountered in retaliation for his crime."

Franken repeatedly refused to step down after he was accused, claimed ignorance of what was photographically evident he was enjoying, disputed his guilt on multiple occasions, and only made his resignation after a plethora of his fellow Senators demanded he do so.

He might be innocent of legal wrongdoing... but he is certainly no saint.

TheRedneck

posted on Dec, 7 2017 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Alabamians are typically, from my experience being one of them, just shaking their heads in disgust at the accusers.

TheRedneck

They're saying, "Shame on you for bringing this up 30 years after it allegedly occurred!"

posted on Dec, 7 2017 @ 01:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: JoshuaCox

Blowing a cigarette into someone’s face in a threatening manner is literally legally assault (the threatening manner) and battery (blowing the smoke)...

So ANYTHING legally can be considered assault..

Does it fit my personal definition of assault??

No.

I think an assault has to include an threat of violence and/or retaliation for refusal.. maybe a refusal to take no fit an answer and continueing to touch them after being rebuffed..

Well in the adult world you don't get to make up your own definitions to fit whatever is convenient for you.

posted on Dec, 7 2017 @ 01:46 PM
link   

Saying that Franken voluntarily stepped down is like saying that a bank robber, on the lam for 10 years, after changing his appearance and assuming several different identities, upon finally being caught and hauled kicking and screaming to jail, "turned himself in to the first police officer he encountered in retaliation for his crime."

Franken repeatedly refused to step down after he was accused, claimed ignorance of what was photographically evident he was enjoying, disputed his guilt on multiple occasions, and only made his resignation after a plethora of his fellow Senators demanded he do so.

He might be innocent of legal wrongdoing... but he is certainly no saint.

TheRedneck

He certainly had the "But everyone else is doing it" excuse perfected....

He's a schmuck anyways...good riddance.

posted on Dec, 7 2017 @ 01:54 PM
link   

OK, so you admit people lie. Good. How often would you say they lie when there are political advantages to doing so? 75% of the time? 50% of the time? 25% of the time?

I would estimate 50%, but let's take the lower figure... 25%. If ten people are making statements and they lie 25% of the time, that means the probability of all 10 of them lying is 0.0001% assuming they are all independently speaking. That is your conclusion. However, we know that is not the case. Psychology states clearly that people tend to act in a group manner when accusing others, a phenomenon referred to as "mob justice." Therefore, each additional accuser can be seen as being much more apt to lie in order to be a part of the group.

As it turns out, after three accusers, the probability that one of them is being truthful remains essentially the same no matter how many accusers there are.

So if there is a 10% chance that one of them is being truthful, that means for every ten people that are accused one is absolutely innocent. How sure are you that Moore is not that 1 in ten? Sure enough to risk your career, your name, your reputation?

I think not. It's easy to make blanket statements behind the computer screen, but that is not justice. It is the opposite.

TheRedneck

posted on Dec, 7 2017 @ 07:51 PM
link   

Trump wasn’t accused of anything serious that I heard.. well not that I believe...

He does a lot of douce baggers, but that’s not breaking news lol..

The plane chic’s story was awful...

He prob did go in the changing room, but it’s a BIG room and I’m sure that can be explained away..

I’m torn on Roy.. serious accusations , but just zero proof..

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join