It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Urgent question

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 6 2017 @ 12:33 PM
link   
The 2 year old daughter of a friend of mine on facebook has been diagnosed with non Hodgkins lymphoma stage 2 and has opened a gofundme account for her medical treatment. I would like to share it here because i know that ATS cares and is giving to those in need of help. May i make a thread where i link it or is that against the T&C's? Thank you very much

Mod Edit: All Caps – Please Review This Link.
edit on 7/12/2017 by ArMaP because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2017 @ 12:44 PM
link   
a reply to: rukia

I wish a speedy and helpful recovery to this poor girl but this is definitely against T&C

posted on Dec, 6 2017 @ 12:47 PM
link   
a reply to: dashen

Darn it.
I don't suppose ATS might make an exception?
Or would it be possible to make a thread and then only give the link to those who PM me for it?

posted on Dec, 6 2017 @ 12:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: rukia
a reply to: dashen

Darn it.
I don't suppose ATS might make an exception?
Or would it be possible to make a thread and then only give the link to those who PM me for it?

I hear the gears grinding... stay tuned.

posted on Dec, 6 2017 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Hope she will recover
But I do not think a conspiracy site is the place for this..
Facebook, Twitter comes to mind.

posted on Dec, 6 2017 @ 12:55 PM
link   
If you make the thread about the illness and her struggle in general for a discussion about that and a link to a page regarding her, that should fly. But you cannot solicit in the thread or link to the solicitation.

So, you close the OP with: , "please contact me through private messages if you want to help her get relief" or something like that. Wording it in such a way should keep clear of legal hurdles.

posted on Dec, 6 2017 @ 12:56 PM
link   
Thank you. I'll be waiting

posted on Dec, 6 2017 @ 12:57 PM
link   
a reply to: worldstarcountry

Okay! That could work!

posted on Dec, 6 2017 @ 12:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: worldstarcountry

If you make the thread about the illness and her struggle in general for a discussion about that and a link to a page regarding her, that should fly.

You cannot do that either.

posted on Dec, 6 2017 @ 01:11 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Ah. Is there any way to do this, then? If I only give the link to those interested?
edit on 6-12-2017 by rukia because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2017 @ 01:16 PM
link   

a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Ah. Is there any way to do this, then? If I only give the link to those interested?

You would still be soliciting thru this site.. Then everyone would... Sorry... Prayers sent from me tho..

posted on Dec, 6 2017 @ 01:22 PM
link   
a reply to: mysterioustranger

Ah well. Thank you all for your help!

Her name is Izzy, by the way. Please keep her in your prayers!
Thank you, everyone! 💙💜💙

posted on Dec, 6 2017 @ 01:24 PM
link   
File a "Complaint". The whole staff will get this sooner and you'll get an accurate answer.

posted on Dec, 6 2017 @ 01:28 PM
link   

When my Stepdaughter had Kidney Failure I wasn't allowed to post a fundraising link.
I wish you Guys all the very best. Ill Children are so painful.

posted on Dec, 6 2017 @ 01:31 PM
link   
Hope she pulls through. Seems like a heartless rule but rules are rules I guess.

I'd be interested to read more about her story, do you have a page somewhere with info about this? If there are links on it to other popular websites like gofundme, I don't see how that's a solicitation?

To add though, don't get in trouble violating the T&C from my silly ideas on technicalities.

edit on 6-12-2017 by hombero because: (no reason given)

edit on 6-12-2017 by hombero because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2017 @ 01:37 PM
link   

a reply to: mysterioustranger

Ah well. Thank you all for your help!

Her name is Izzy, by the way. Please keep her in your prayers!
Thank you, everyone! 💙💜💙

Will do.. And keep up as you are. Angels come in many ways. God bless.... MS

posted on Dec, 6 2017 @ 01:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid
File a "Complaint". The whole staff will get this sooner and you'll get an accurate answer.

I did alert, though not complaining.

Who complains about helping suffering children?

posted on Dec, 6 2017 @ 01:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

originally posted by: intrepid

I did alert, though not complaining.

Who complains about helping suffering children?

It's the name of the button to contact the staff. It's "alert" if you're talking about a post.

posted on Dec, 6 2017 @ 01:46 PM
link   

The ATS site has always had a policy against recruitment or solicitation and GoFundMe and Kickstarters fall under that umbrella. No matter how emotive or worthwhile the cause, the answer will always be no. Threads are removed as soon as they are seen or alerted.

If one exception is made, two can be made and then we're splitting hairs over the next worthwhile cause. Allowing one and not another is a guaranteed way to cause offence. There are also considerations to members who don't want to be confronted by appeals. Although it can seem uncharitable to some, it's the approach taken by nearly every store and business in the world.

We hope you can understand and appreciate why the policy must stand and how no offence is intended.

The thread is now closed.

top topics

join