It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Elon Musk to launch his Tesla Roadster to Mars, blasting David Bowie's "Space Oddity"

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 8 2018 @ 07:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: Exitt

originally posted by: Soylent Green Is People

Does anyone remember the opening sequence to the 1981 film Heavy Metal?
:

I don't - never seen the movie. Is it good?

It's not bad, and product of its time (1981).

It's a series of animated vignettes in the style of the comics from Heavy Metal Magazine. Although the stories are sepaarte, they are loosely connected. It's a bit sexually explicit in places (R-rated in the U.S.). Some of the stories were serious, some were spooky, some were dark, and some were goofy -- or combinations of these.

The film was probably more geared to teenage boys in 1981 who might have had many geek-like qualitiess, but were still like average teenage boys. I'd say that if it came out today, the storytellying would appeal to fans of Japanese Manga, although the animation was not in that style.

I enjoyed it, but then again, when I saw it (in theaters in 1981) I was an average teenage boy with some geek-like qualities.

edit on 8/2/2018 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2018 @ 07:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Soylent Green Is People

The day of the launch, I posted that opening sequence from "Heavy Metal" on my FB page, and commented how in 1981 when it came out I was 15, and here we are 37 years, SpaceX sends a sports car into space with a space suit, heh.

new topics

<< 1  2   >>

join