It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It's official , Jerusalem is Israel's capital - Trump

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+15 more 
posted on Dec, 6 2017 @ 12:21 PM
link   
What a stupid thing to do .

Tearing up long-standing convention, President Trump has announced that the US now recognises Jerusalem as Israel's capital. Mr Trump described the move as "a long overdue step" to advance the Middle East peace process and work towards a lasting agreement.
www.bbc.co.uk...

If there's one thing it won't do that's bring peace to the Middle East.
Russia is a red herring , we should be looking at Tel Aviv.

Speaking at the White House, Mr Trump said he had "judged this course of action to be in the best interests of the United States of America, and the pursuit of peace between Israel and the Palestinians".

If he believes that then he really does live in his own little world.
edit on 6-12-2017 by gortex because: Add

posted on Dec, 6 2017 @ 12:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: gortex

Russia is a red herring , we should be looking at Tel Aviv.

Looking at Tel Aviv for what?

posted on Dec, 6 2017 @ 12:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

Strings.

posted on Dec, 6 2017 @ 12:23 PM
link   
Hey, meddling in foreign affairs is what the USA does best...

Right???

+44 more 
posted on Dec, 6 2017 @ 12:24 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex

Well done President Trump and the American People who voted him into do this. He told you he would do it and he has done it.

It is a democratic decision between two allies made by two democratically elected leaders.

+4 more 
posted on Dec, 6 2017 @ 12:25 PM
link   
This isn't going to be good. It seems like the Potus is purposely pushing buttons all of the world just to get a reaction.

posted on Dec, 6 2017 @ 12:27 PM
link   
Great now nowhere will be safe everyone had better be on their toes and be aware of your surroundings at all times this will not go over well. Wonder what the main agenda is by doing this ?
edit on 12/6/2017 by Gargoyle91 because: (no reason given)

+19 more 
posted on Dec, 6 2017 @ 12:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jefferton

Right???

All Trump did was state what is obvious on the ground, what has been US Govt policy since 1995, and what has been the case since Israel was established.

This is sort of like saying Trump took a radical position by saying that he intended to enforce existing Immigration laws once he came to office.

+21 more 
posted on Dec, 6 2017 @ 12:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jefferton

Right???

How is where the U.S. decides to put it's embassy meddling in foreign affairs?

posted on Dec, 6 2017 @ 12:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: gortex
What a stupid thing to do .

No doubt. Just like Comrade Cheeto, though. Not a shred of anything remotely intelligent or honest in anything he does.
And his orange minions just lap it up blindly and ask for more.
Probably just the beginning too.
You know he's chomping at the bit to start a war with North Korea.

+2 more 
posted on Dec, 6 2017 @ 12:29 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex

It's a bold move that's for sure. I'm not a fan of Hamas and the Muslim Brotherhood tough, which makes it hard for me to come to a conclusion what to think.
Ultimately I'm pro Israel and to finally give it recognition. The islamic mess has to be resolved by muslims. Jerusalem belongs to Israel.
I'm just a bit scared. Fear can't be the ultima ratio so.... let's go all in.
I guess

posted on Dec, 6 2017 @ 12:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Somethingsamiss
This isn't going to be good. It seems like the Potus is purposely pushing buttons all of the world just to get a reaction.

The propaganda..... there are fears it could set off a wave of unrest -- perhaps even street protests and violence -- in the Palestinian territories and across the Arab world.The Palestine Liberation Organization wants to cut ties with Israel..

+27 more 
posted on Dec, 6 2017 @ 12:31 PM
link   
I need to look more into this issue.

But as an admitted layman on this,

It looks like people are claiming that some countries will cause violence because the U.S. is moving it's embassy in Israel to a different city in Israel.

To me, it sounds like those that would cause violence over this are the bad people.

Can someone explain to me why this is wrong?
edit on 6-12-2017 by Grambler because: (no reason given)

+23 more 
posted on Dec, 6 2017 @ 12:31 PM
link   
Radicals killing infidels is in no way related to outdated religious beliefs. Trump kept another campaign promise. Peolpe voted for this and he delivered. It's like fulfilling campaign promises is suddenly bad just because it's Trump. Morons.

+12 more 
posted on Dec, 6 2017 @ 12:32 PM
link   
A stupid thing to do that literally every President for decades has done. Even Obama said Jerusalem was Israel's capital. Moving the embassy is symbolic and doesn't change anything as far as the peace talks. This is just evidence the Palestinian Authority is looking for any excuse to continue the violence. You could argue why give it to them? My question is why continue to placate them? They're not serious about a 2-state solution. They say that because we pay them to say that. The US sends them money and aid every year.
edit on 6 12 17 by face23785 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2017 @ 12:33 PM
link   
Other than taking the piss out of the worlds community, I wonder what he is trying to accomplish with this and now. Deflection ?

Just because he can, as he surely knows that it will further destabilize the situation in the area and worldwide ? Somebody enlighten me please ! Is it just another one of those fook you all moves or is there more to it ?

+6 more 
posted on Dec, 6 2017 @ 12:34 PM
link   
It is time for a reckoning with the children of Ishmael...
Let them meet their destiny...

Long live Jerusalem, the capital of Israel...

-Chris

posted on Dec, 6 2017 @ 12:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

Can anyone explain to me why ever in the world Trump chose this particular moment in history to recognize Jerusalem as the Capital?

I mean, honestly, how is this in any way in the best interest of the US? All it does is antagonize the Muslims in the ME and all to no particular purpose. Of all the problems in the world today, POTUS addresses this and its a non-problem except now it is of his own making.

Really weirdly stupid blunder in my opinion.

+3 more 
posted on Dec, 6 2017 @ 12:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: alexpmi
Other than taking the piss out of the worlds community, I wonder what he is trying to accomplish with this and now. Deflection ?

Just because he can, as he surely knows that it will further destabilize the situation in the area and worldwide ? Somebody enlighten me please ! Is it just another one of those fook you all moves or is there more to it ?

Every president wanted to do this since 1995. It's nothing new but Trump actually did it. Aks the other presidents why they never followed through.

posted on Dec, 6 2017 @ 12:37 PM
link   
a reply to: face23785

They're not serious about a 2-state solution.

Neither are Israel.
However, we are both speaking in absolutes and generalisations.

Fact is, while people will say this is a hinderance to peace talks...
The two parties involved in the peace talks will never come to an agreement anyways.

So that argument is likely to be moot.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join