It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nanotechnology - the ultimate form of population control

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 6 2017 @ 08:16 AM
link   
Humans have been dreaming of machines helping us to better our lives for a long time, and so we have spent a vast amount of time and money in the research and development of nanotechnology and its systems.

Eric K Drexler - Engines of creation
Engines of Creation

Engines of creation PDF

Now I know everyone has heard of the grey goo theory and what happens when scientists unleash nano machines and they end up destroying earth by replicating out of control into a throbbing mass of nano machines.
See various episodes of stargate SG1

Now to my conspiracy, and the control of the world and humanity.

Should scientists get to the point where we have nano machines who are capable of self replication and are able to be programmed to do so we face a really terrifying probability where free will would be completely dissolved.

A world government could potentially unleash an army of nano machines to work their way into every human on the planet either through food (monsanto etc) or through the atmosphere through cloud seeding etc. All that would be then needed to control us is in place as the nano machines could receive programmes which would either terminate us by creating disease within the body or by shutting down various systems within the body.
The nano machines would be capable of killing a human and making it look like a natural death. Autopsies wouldnt look for anything on the nano scale as this technology isnt mainstream.
Similarly the nano machines could induce different mental states by controlling synapses in the brain.

It would be the ultimate conspiracy because they are almost undetectable , I just had this paranoid thought the other night
nano machines could be the saviour of mankind or our downfall !

What do you all think

of course a huge What if! and speculation abound
but if the governments of earth want total control then nano machines are that vehicle to total world domination

posted on Dec, 6 2017 @ 08:50 AM
link   
a reply to: sapien82

I think taken to the logical conclusion such technologies will grant near immortality for some and equate to total control for the rest.

It's the direction we have been headed for quite some time now.

fact is there are simply to many have-nots and far to few haves in the world.

posted on Dec, 6 2017 @ 08:51 AM
link   
yep....nano is way cool....I'm thinking A I is the worst.....nano next after that for changing our future

posted on Dec, 6 2017 @ 08:51 AM
link   
You haven't met the "Internet" yet?

1990s version: You haven't met the "Television" yet?

1900s version: You haven't met the "Book" yet?

posted on Dec, 6 2017 @ 08:53 AM
link   
a reply to: ManFromEurope

Been printing books since 1455 though.

posted on Dec, 6 2017 @ 09:42 AM
link   

Nano, AI and Quantum computing are all coming together. This is going to be some ride.

posted on Dec, 6 2017 @ 09:50 AM
link   
Wool , by Hugh Howey .

posted on Dec, 6 2017 @ 12:10 PM
link   

Yeah. Even Kurzweil admits tyrants will be able to make Neuro-Invasive Nanobots... meaning be able to do things like put them in the water supply. The "solution" is to be already prejacked with defensive bots. Because putting a bunch of tech inside our bodies (that might be hacked itself) is just the best idea ever.

Rejoice!

Check it out, I made a film adaptation of "The Invasion" (Wachowski's) framed around it being a Neuro-Invasive Nanobot invasion, rather than space alien virus body snatcher invasion:

Neuro-Invasive Nanobot Takeover:
vimeo.com...

Youtube deletes it, and since we cant YET embed Vimeo in here I did all that for nothing...

posted on Dec, 6 2017 @ 12:29 PM
link   
Personally, I think the world will do just fine without the human plague.

Or, alternatively, I am a "have-not", and if the "haves" get to inherit the earth so that it can survive - so be it.

posted on Dec, 6 2017 @ 03:31 PM
link   
a reply to: deltaalphanovember

I'm a have not myself but i refuse to go quietly into the night just because "they" deem it so.

As to inheriting the Earth well there might not be much left rather soon, better to get our eggs out of the one proverbial basket and find some new green and pleasant places to call our own.
edit on 6-12-2017 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

top topics

join