It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Soon: AI to create indistinguishable “false reality”

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 6 2017 @ 06:49 AM
link   
The fact that images this different can be generated also means normally incongruous images could easily be matched.
ATS is founded on UFO interpretation so I think the thread is OT for our community.
There have been a lot of humans who took on the Turing challenge since 1937 and lost, I'm not feeling lucky.

There are many potential applications for this kind of AI, recently during a psychotic break I had the thought that I should stop what I was doing and wait for *time* - data points to provide some decoherence. In this case there may have been both subjective and objective decorrel;ation needed since I'm obviously a meat Popsicle.

posted on Dec, 6 2017 @ 07:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: neoholographic
This isn't a surprise and we could be living in a "false reality" created by an advanced AI and we would can know it but will people accept it?

Artificial intelligence can soon create a false reality indistinguishable from the real one, suggests new advancements in graphics manipulation which serves as a warning to humanity.

Graphics firm Nvidia recently released results of its “image-to-image translation” which can take an outdoors photo taken in the winter and transform it into the same scene, but in the summer – with indistinguishable results.

www.infowars.com...

Here's a couple of videos:

AI generated dogs:

I think it's clear that we live in a simulated reality. For instance, there's no physical explanation for entanglement. There's no reason why what we call a particle in NY can be correlated with an entangled particle in Vegas. There's no explanation if subatomic particles are physical like grains of sand. The fact is they're not and calling them particles gives the impression that we're talking about balls of matter.

They would be better described as pixels. These particles render the universe when measured and observed.

These "particles" are really just pixels on a space-time screen. I can write a program where red dots randomly move on the computer screen and I can also add that whenever two red dots touch they're entangled and when I click on one red dot the dot it's entangled with turns green. There would be no need for any signal passing between these two dots because these dots are following the instructions of the program just like entangled "particles".

Again, there's no physical explanation for entanglement. Particles should be called pixels.

Welcome to the Simulation!From the article:

The ramifications of this technology are enormous: the politically persecuted could soon be victims of fabricated “video evidence” presented by the mainstream media as “undeniable proof” of wrong-doing, which will be accepted without question by the general public which takes everything at face value.

In other words, AI could create a video of me shooting someone and there would be no way for the public to say it's false. People could be set up and go to jail for AI generated crimes.

ZERO surprise here. 'Been living in a false reality for over 50 years since President Kennedy-Nikita Kruschev

posted on Dec, 6 2017 @ 07:36 AM
link   
a reply to: neoholographic
Please stop SCREAMING! Thank you......

Search for this thread here *USE OF ALL CAPS Members please read.

edit on 6-12-2017 by mysterioustranger because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2017 @ 07:58 AM
link   
a reply to: Thorneblood

This happened on Cowboy Bepop and some kid uploaded himself as a Guru of sorts in which an entire mass of people joined his cult and thought he was real. It was just some kid with his mind jacked into the net who was on life support. Only it's set in a time where we are somehow on every planet in the solar system just about and so his following was huge.

I don't doubt it is far off. I wonder if you are uploaded to the web somehow as a sentient observer, does going somewhere mean your entire 100 gigs of data go as well? Will we have Windows virtual server running, allowing us to sort of view the world as we do now? But really it's all 1010101000010? Or with Quantum...0110011...maybe?..010100.

Man the future is going to be fkin weird.

posted on Dec, 6 2017 @ 07:58 AM
link   
Double post?
edit on 6-12-2017 by SR1TX because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2017 @ 08:01 AM
link   

This isn't a surprise and we could be living in a "false reality" created by an advanced AI and we would can know it but will people accept it?

Artificial intelligence can soon create a false reality indistinguishable from the real one, suggests new advancements in graphics manipulation which serves as a warning to humanity.

Graphics firm Nvidia recently released results of its “image-to-image translation” which can take an outdoors photo taken in the winter and transform it into the same scene, but in the summer – with indistinguishable results.

www.infowars.com...

Here's a couple of videos:

AI generated dogs:

I think it's clear that we live in a simulated reality. For instance, there's no physical explanation for entanglement. There's no reason why what we call a particle in NY can be correlated with an entangled particle in Vegas. There's no explanation if subatomic particles are physical like grains of sand. The fact is they're not and calling them particles gives the impression that we're talking about balls of matter.

They would be better described as pixels. These particles render the universe when measured and observed.

These "particles" are really just pixels on a space-time screen. I can write a program where red dots randomly move on the computer screen and I can also add that whenever two red dots touch they're entangled and when I click on one red dot the dot it's entangled with turns green. There would be no need for any signal passing between these two dots because these dots are following the instructions of the program just like entangled "particles".

Again, there's no physical explanation for entanglement. Particles should be called pixels.

Welcome to the Simulation!From the article:

The ramifications of this technology are enormous: the politically persecuted could soon be victims of fabricated “video evidence” presented by the mainstream media as “undeniable proof” of wrong-doing, which will be accepted without question by the general public which takes everything at face value.

In other words, AI could create a video of me shooting someone and there would be no way for the public to say it's false. People could be set up and go to jail for AI generated crimes.

So running an algorithm to change an image == we can create false reality indistinguishable from own?

People have been able to do the same thing with photoshop for a long time:

edit on 6/12/2017 by dug88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2017 @ 08:05 AM
link   
Well since we're already in a false reality I don't think we should worry

posted on Dec, 6 2017 @ 10:00 AM
link   
a reply to: neoholographic

It just looks like an image processing program. Not very intelligent.

posted on Dec, 6 2017 @ 10:50 AM
link   
You try and convince a pixel that it's just part of a program.
It wont believe you because to the pixel, life is "real".
Game Over means Game Over.

posted on Dec, 6 2017 @ 10:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Thorneblood

that's an episode of Black Mirror..

posted on Dec, 6 2017 @ 11:06 AM
link   
More like indistingrishable, am I right?

posted on Dec, 6 2017 @ 11:24 AM
link   

People could be set up and go to jail for AI generated crimes.

Can they put me in a virtual jail that makes it seem like I'm enjoying myself in a tropical nude resort with glistening warm ocean water and pink coral beaches?

posted on Dec, 6 2017 @ 11:28 AM
link   
a reply to: purplemer

Yeah I'm with you. I think the simulation is the only reality, its not fake, it is just not what we perceive it to be. We are not just characters in some video game simulation run by a god, or aliens, or some giant computer. We are the god and the program, there is no separation between them, except in our current 1.0 versions of mind.

posted on Dec, 6 2017 @ 02:04 PM
link   
that first video smells like an hoax to me
its way to perfect

posted on Dec, 6 2017 @ 02:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: 727Sky
Neat Stuff but my world seems really really real as a good simulation should.

No reason it shouldn't.... it isn't exactly the first version of it.

I wonder how long before Sims characters begin asking themselves... "is this real... or simulated."

If they do, then we have the answer to our own question. And that's scary :O

top topics

<< 1   >>

join