It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strzok interviewed Mills and Huma, and didnt charge them for their lies to the FBI

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 6 2017 @ 05:30 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

And also, notice on how your intial reply you went on about how charging Flynn with lying was really just a deal for him to avoiud the more serious crime of failing to report lobbying for Turkey.

Yet you ignore the fact that this is also a crime that is rarely ever charged. In fact again, the FBI allowed hillary connected Podesta group to break this very law, and then retroactively file after they were caught.

And again, its not just that the podesta group shouled be charged. It is that the FBI should be looked at as to why they only think this is a crime worth persuing when it involves trump people.

FBI:

lying to fbi- Trumps team does it - charge them Hillarys team - no charge

failing to register as foreign lobbyist- Trumps team does it - charge them Hillarys connections - no charge.

If you are really concerned with getting to the bottom of russian meddling, why would you not be disturbed by the FBI's double standards, stonewalling congress, leaks, and biases against Trump and his team?

posted on Dec, 6 2017 @ 05:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

Damn! You must have been super mad, you kept right on going!

Further more on Flynn not disclosing for lobbying.

You and I both know that this is a crime that is committed all of the time, and almost never charged.

Now I am sure we both agree that it should be charged more often.

Yes. I think DC is lousy with unregistered foreign lobbying and I'm still holding out hope that more of these scum will be held to account. Honestly? I don't even think foreign lobbying should exist. Period. The Constitution guarantees Americans the right to seek redress for their grievances from the government.

And I understand how that right includes and in some ways, requires, domestic lobbyists and lobbying groups. What I don't understand is why we have to tolerate foreign lobbying of our politicians. So, I honestly believe that it's a very big deal. Much bigger than say Popadapolous lying to the FBI. And I believe that you and I are on the same page about that.

But to act like now Muellers team and the FBI is taking this very seriously and its a huge deal ignores that they have let pretty much every slide on this.

I'm still open to see what happens here. Manafort and Gates are probably two of the worst offenders ever. If you do any reading into Manafort, he's a uniquely awful scumbag. I see them going down as a big win.

It's hard to ignore that they were indicted. I can't see where Manafort or Gates would play any role at all in an obstruction case. Can you? I'm still hoping that Tony Podesta stepping down is a sign that more of these criminal influencers will be brought to justice.

The Flynn plea deal doesn't immediately seem to be directly related to Manafort and Gates. That's got me wondering about how this investigation is proceeding. Then again, they're clearly all over Manafort (op-ed/bail development) and Rick Gates lawyer just said yesterday that there might be more charges coming down the line.

Remember when the Podesta group got caught failing to register properly? They just said "My bad!" and went back a retroactively filled out the paperwork.

I think that filing happened in April of this year. I know I read that both Podesta Group and Mercury filed after the media exposed them.

Almost like the investigators didnt want to charge hillarys team with anything before the election.

I'll have to look into this but as I said, I think they filed in April. I don't think this was an issue during the election. Let's hold out hope that they all get charged.

In a more general sense, I think the fact that they were investigating Hillary during the election may have influenced some other decisions. Look at the fall out from Comey's two statements. The first one had Republicans claiming malfeasance in favor of Clinton. The second one, right before the election, had Democrats calling for his head on a pike.

Strzok is out and he's been out since August. Do we know if anyone else in the Mueller investigation was involved in the Clinton email investigation? This gets to a big issue I take with your recent arguments. If there's not a significant overlap between the two, I don't know how we could be looking at a "them" to discern a pattern?

Mueller certainly had nothing to do with the Clinton email investigation and I would imagine that ultimately, he's making every major decision in the investigation he's overseeing. It's not like he's an FBI director with a whole agency to oversee, he's directing a single investigation.

posted on Dec, 6 2017 @ 06:04 PM
link   

Look we are both being snarky with each other, but I honestly enjoy this conversation and respect you.

I think if we really think about it, we have more common ground than it seems.

I am 100% in agreement with you about needing to root out foreign lobbying. I will add and I am sure you agree that it is not just russia, its many countries that do this.

I give you all the credit into first opening my eyes about Manafort and his shadiness. yes he should be held accountable, and as I have said repeatedly, even if there was bias in the investigators, they seem to have actual physical documentation as to what he is charged with, so there is no reason it would be tainted.

In fact, as long as there is physical evidence against anyone, even trump, I think it should be accepted regardless of bias of the investigators.

The problem with the bias is when there are judgement calls. Like comey not thinking hillary had intent, when intent wasnt even in the statute.

I dont want the investigation stopped, nor Mueller removed at this point.

But that doesnt mean we shouldnt be looking in to people that we see that have seemingly biased messages, or as to why the FBI went soft on hillarys team (if there are any involved still in the Mueller investigation), or why they are stonewalling, or why there are leaks.

I think the politicization of the intel community is the biggest threat; you think its russian influence.

OK we disgree there. But the best buffer to both of these threats is having a competent, impartial intel agency.

Therefore we must make sure there is no bias affecting the investigation; or else it will not be able to fully get to the bottom of Russian meddling.

In that spirit, I am less concerned with retrying Hillary, and more concerned with making sure the FBI and intel community is doing their jobs in a fair competent manner in both the trump investigation and all other duties going forward.

That is why the story in the OP troubles me; what the hell is going on that the FBI let these crimes off of the hook?

If they were incompetent or biased that caused that, then how can we trust them to get to the bottom of the russian invetsigation.

posted on Dec, 6 2017 @ 08:25 PM
link   
Broken record incoming: you're putting a lot of mental energy into this charade grambler, they love when you click their click-bait and give them ad revenue so much. As long as you keep tuning into something that you have nothing to do with the longer they will keep "leaking" information on it. "Keep your eyes here! Don't look over there!" You don't trust the media but damn have they got you hypnotized with their narrative and headlines.

While you focus on this they are downsizing our public lands and national parks for drilling and fracking purposes and throttling our internet while charging more for it. You know, actual important things that actually affect people in a measurable way.
edit on 12/6/2017 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2017 @ 08:26 PM
link   
I also find it very puzzling that a man who was actively engaged in an affair with a married co-worker would be placed in charge of the human resources department.

An agent considered to be the top counter intell investigator sure opened himself up for some good old fashioned black mail. Having held a security clearance myself that is a big way toward having it rwvoked and this guy is suppose to be the top guy.

posted on Dec, 6 2017 @ 10:47 PM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

There are absolutely more important things.

Why on Earth have so many on the left been pushing this bogus conspiracy theory against Trump? This goes so far beyond simple sour grapes that term doesn't even begin to describe it.

Meanwhile 1/8 Americans are starving while 40% of food is wasted, we have rogue unelected officials in the federal government opposing the President's lawful policies, a group of deep state actors attempting a coup to remove a sitting US President without cause based on the bogus conspiracy theories alluded to earlier. The blind lady with scales has apparently been peeking, and misconduct throughout the Mueller probe (including steady leaks) have significantly compromised the credibility of the FBI.

Obama and Clapper both admitted Russia didn't have any influence over the election right after the election was over. Everything since then has been spin, which is fully reflected by the weak charges coming out of Mueller's partisan investigation. It is amazing that the same agents who investigated Clinton and exonerated her of wrongdoing would be the ones leading the charge against Trump. This behavior (in light of what we know now) is borderline seditious conspiracy.

The reputation of our legal system and top law enforcement institutions is now tarnished forever, and integrity of our government is reduced to a person's particular position on a broad set of special interest issues that have crowded out the important questions of our age and pressing matters of national interest.

So yes, I agree. All of this nonsense is a distraction, mostly hatched in a juvenile attempt to lash out in anger against an election gone wrong. Losing elections is part of life, we've all been through it countless times. You can't upend the integrity of a 250 year old system rooted in legal constructs even older over a case of sour grapes.

With this ridiculous conspiracy theory debunked, the partisan hack investigators exposed and a larger and much broader effort to remove a sitting President taking shape, I am more than willing to forego discussing irrelevant issues and focus on the most pressing matters that face us.

The question is whether everyone else is ready. My guess is that many on the anti-Trump wagon will double down in ignorance and continue peddling Russian conspiracy innuendo. I'd like to see them prove me wrong, but we will see. I am more ready than anyone to move beyond this petty bickering and debate meaningful issues and events.
edit on 12/6/2017 by JBurns because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2017 @ 10:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

Posts like this give me hope as well, Grambler.

A majority of ATS lefties I discuss matters with share ~90% of the same views I do. There is absolutely no need to focus on minor issues that isolate and distance the two sides. Instead, we should focus on finding common ground on the pressing matters that affect all Americans. If the last year has taught us anything, there is a vast amount of public corruption in the government. The newer generations will largely be given the task of cleaning up after the dust settles. Even once a swamp is drained, some residue and rotting plant matter is still left behind.

We can't reconcile our differences if the left continues to push unsubstantiated anti-Trump conspiracy theories about Russia. Naturally, conservatives fire back with their own brand of far-flung accusations. It is a never ending cycle that saturates the discussion medium with irrelevant and meaningless data - aka "noise."

This entire paradigm, by design, prevents any meaningful discussion or dialogue of the real issues.

posted on Dec, 6 2017 @ 11:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler
We all know who strzok is by now, the FBI agent and Mueller team member who was seemingly involved in every crucial point of the Hillary and Trump investigations.

The same guy who was apparently texting anti trump, pro Hillary messages to his mistress who worked in the FBI.

Many people have said just because he was biased doesn't mean it affected his job.

Well lets look at this closely.

Strzok interviewed Flynn (in what has been characterized as a sort of ambush without Flynns lawyer there) and ultimately Flynn was charged with lying to the FBI.

Now as almost all of the left leaning members here have told us all, lying to the FBI is a big deal. I agree.

So fine, hes charged.

Now Strzok also interviewed Hillary, and people like Huma and Mills in the email investigation.

Lets see how that went.

The FBI agent who was fired from Special Counsel Robert Mueller’s Russia investigation team for sending anti-Donald Trump text messages conducted the interviews with two Hillary Clinton aides accused of giving false statements about what they knew of the former secretary of state’s private email server.

Neither of the Clinton associates, Cheryl Mills and Huma Abedin, faced legal consequences for their misleading statements, which they made in interviews last year with former FBI section chief Peter Strzok.

dailycaller.com...

Lets look into it in detail shall we?

First lets see what Huma and Mills said.

A review of those documents conducted by The Daily Caller shows that Mills and Abedin told Strzok and Laufman that they were not aware of Clinton’s server until after she left the State Department.

“Mills did not learn Clinton was using a private server until after Clinton’s [Department of State] tenure,” reads notes from Mills’ April 9, 2016 interview. “Mills stated she was not even sure she knew what a server was at the time.”

Abedin also denied knowing about Clinton’s server until leaving the State Department in 2013.

“Abedin did not know that Clinton had a private server until about a year and a half ago when it became public knowledge,” the summary of Strzok’s interview with Abedin states.

Ok, so Huma didnt know about the server until the public did. Mills didn't know of Hillary's server, and in fact claims she didn't even know what a server was.

Pretty cut and dry.

So lets see if that's true.

But undercutting those denials are email exchanges in which both Mills and Abedin either directly discussed or were involved in discussing Clinton’s server.

“hrc email coming back — is server okay?” Mills asked in a Feb. 27, 2010 email to Abedin and Justin Cooper, a longtime aide to Bill Clinton who helped set up the Clinton server.

“Ur funny. We are on the same server,” Cooper replied.

Wait what is that? Mills was discussing this server in 2010 in emails?

Say it ain't so!!! I thought she didn't even know what a server was?

And Huma?

Mills and Abedin were also involved in an Aug. 30, 2011 exchange in which State Department official Stephen Mull mentioned that Clinton’s “email server is down.”

And in a Jan. 9, 2011 email exchange, Cooper told Abedin that Clinton’s server had been malfunctioning because “someone was trying to hack us.”

“Had to shut down the server,” wrote Cooper, who told the FBI in his interviews that he discussed Clinton’s server with Abedin in 2009, when it was being set up.

Huma having emails discussing the server in 2009 and 2011?

It cant be!!!!!

So we have absolute proof from Strzoks notes and released emails that Mills and Huma absolutely lied to the FBI.

Yet no charges at all.

Where are all of those on the left screaming about how lying to the FBI is a huge deal?

Now I know, some will say "Fine arrest them"

Well they should be arrested, I agree.

But more than that, what does this tell us about Strzok, Comey, and the FBI?

Strzok does the interviews, charges flynn with lying, and lets Huma and mills off of the hook.

And he is also texting pro hillary, anti trump messages.

This double standard is appalling, and shows the FBI has a bias toward Hillary and her team, and against trump.

This is disgusting and must be investigated to the fullest extent.

We are fast approaching tyranny. While some lament Russian facebook posts, the most powerful intel agency in the world is being used as a political hit machine to attack an elected President, and to let another candidates team off of the hook.

Every single person, Trump hater or not, should be frightened and disgusted by this, and call for immediate investigations and transparency.

Excellents points on how the FBI has an agenda against Trump.

posted on Dec, 6 2017 @ 11:52 PM
link   
a reply to: JBurns

This entire paradigm, by design, prevents any meaningful discussion or dialogue of the real issues

Star for you!

posted on Dec, 7 2017 @ 05:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler
Looks like some congress members are finally calling for an investigation into the FBI's handling of these cases.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Lets see where it goes.

If past history is any indication, it will go like this:

They will investigate, ask tough questions, get some real answers that reveal corruption and then vote to do nothing more than scold them in public.

posted on Dec, 7 2017 @ 06:00 AM
link   

You have a brilliant mind. So brilliant you would win a gold medal in Olympic mental gymnastics on the uneven bars. Fiction writing is most definitely my favorite reading and I would put you up there. The category of fiction would be political of course. I prefer that to be about factual information and it is Sci-Fi that is my love.

I do see somethings in your posts that have a reason to be stated on many subjects but are so one sided that the truth has to be thrown out to keep that position in your mind. You have spent more time defending the indefensible acts of the Lefty's. And always attacking any error in the Trumpster or R's corner. I do so when it is real and I am neutral to which party and pro following the rule of law.

Rule of law being the point I will ask these questions.

Can you grasp that the FBI from before the Kennedy assassination has been corrupt?

How about instead of poking at the R's that you instead admit it is BOTH Political parties?

Also i would add, it continues because it involves each others friends, family or valet's. Almost all of whom are in bed with each other allowing the others to get away with now obvious crimes because if they do report/prosecute the crime, then they will likely go down to because of their own crimes?
How do we fix that Ante?

I would love to see your thoughts on that.

edit on 7-12-2017 by Justoneman because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2019 @ 05:44 PM
link   
In light of roger stone looking at 50 years for lying to investigators, just a bump in this thread, where even left wing ATS posters admitted Mills and abedin wee lying to the fbi and should be charged.

The intel community is corrupt beyond repair and should be dismantled from the groumd up.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join