It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nfl player bribes come from other charities

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 5 2017 @ 11:44 AM
link   
I don't have any problem with the NFL giving money to social justice causes. The league is private and they are free to run business however they please.

But they are apparently taking money from their breast cancer and veterans charities to fund the social justice charities.

They are funneling donated money from one cause to another in an attempt to bribe players to stop kneeling.

This is another bad PR move in my opinion.

The owners are billionaires and should open their own wallets to fund these causes. That would be a much better show of unity.

This move will only alienate women and veterans.

"The NFL’s $89 million pledge to fund social-justice causes comes at the expense of the league’s support for breast cancer and military charities, "

www.breitbart.com...
Am I viewing this wrong?
edit on 5-12-2017 by Bluntone22 because: Spelling

posted on Dec, 5 2017 @ 11:59 AM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

I agree. The billionaires should fund social justice charities.

posted on Dec, 5 2017 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Plus players are supposed to match owners contribution. Each owner is only on the hook for 250K. It's all a sham.

posted on Dec, 5 2017 @ 12:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22

Am I viewing this wrong?

Damned if I know. I read the article and I still have no idea what they re talking about. It's all over the place.

posted on Dec, 5 2017 @ 12:11 PM
link   

I don't care what they do with their money.

I quit watching them last year.

They can cram all those charity dollars in their own butts, the players butts or even the cheerleaders butts.

posted on Dec, 5 2017 @ 12:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid

Am I viewing this wrong?

Damned if I know. I read the article and I still have no idea what they re talking about. It's all over the place.

I'm with you, it's confusing.
Is this donated money?

If I gave to cancer awareness and they used my money for a social justice cause I would really be
Pissed.

posted on Dec, 5 2017 @ 02:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid

Am I viewing this wrong?

Basically, they are saying they are robbing Peter to attempt to pay off Paul.

If they have $300 to donate to Susan G. Koman after everyone wears pink in October, then instead of donating it to that cause, they have decide to give it to social justice causes instead so that players will stand again for the anthem.

They aren't actually allocating new money to causes.

posted on Dec, 5 2017 @ 07:00 PM
link   

How bout the part that the NFL™ hasn't paid taxes since the mid 50s?

And here is a snippet re: Stadiums that the taxpayer gets to provide for this 'charity'. If You haven't the time to watch the whole video then just watch the part about the Cincinnati Bengals 'Practice field'.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Dec, 5 2017 @ 07:04 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Ket- The local Pop Warner teams also now wear a Home/Away pink accented Home/Away jerseys. I've had kids come to the door wanting $$$ so they can get "October jerseys' $73.00 a copy. Then both players/ cheerleaders and parents are outside the grocery wanting $$$ for 'special jerseys'

Now these are kids from 8-12 years old and they play ALL their games at the local high school.

posted on Dec, 5 2017 @ 07:29 PM
link   
a reply to: JimNasium

I was illustrating what the NFL was doing. It's more money than that at stake, but that's the basic idea. The money was allocated for one thing, or raised for it, and now it's being spent on something else entirely.

new topics

top topics

join