It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Thousands in North County are one paycheck away from homelessness

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 5 2017 @ 08:36 AM
link   
It's just sad that these people won't take responsibility for their poor choices. They deserve imminent death and the sorriest saddest lives possible, losers.

San Dawg

ESCONDIDO, Calif. – Thousands of people in North County are just one paycheck away from being homeless, according to homeless shelter officials.

They shoulda became plumbers, lawyers, nurses or engineers. Those are the only jobs that deserve better paychecks everyone else is just a useless eater. Whatever... the faster they die the better. The less we have to support warehouse workers and other people in the service industries who aren't lawyers the better our society is going to become.

We only need lawyers, politicians and CEO'S.

“We’re seeing double what we saw last year. We get overwhelmed. We literally are daily having to say no to people or having to turn people away,” said Yzaguirre.

“The majority of homeless in North County are the working poor, those that are one paycheck away from landing here and need a leg up," Anglea said. "Almost everyone in this shelter has an income and they often make enough for monthly rent but not enough for first and last month’s rent, plus a deposit."

Working poor? I think this is a miss quote what he really meant to say was that these people are just irresponsible people who won't develop the right skillset the market demands. They should be automating warehouse and industrial work because 350 million people can be engineers and attorneys.
edit on 5-12-2017 by toysforadults because: (no reason given)

+5 more 
posted on Dec, 5 2017 @ 08:47 AM
link   
Your sarcasm is obscuring the message you are trying to send.

posted on Dec, 5 2017 @ 08:48 AM
link   
a reply to: starviego

My message is as clear as day.

posted on Dec, 5 2017 @ 08:51 AM
link   
a reply to: toysforadults

The fires and storms are causing displacement sea to sea.

posted on Dec, 5 2017 @ 08:52 AM
link   
Millions of people in this country do not have enough money to go two months without a paycheck. If there is a crash of the stock market and layoffs result again like in 08, we will have major problems again. We have allowed certain liberal economists to alter our economy into a very risky place. They talked conservatives into thinking it would work to have a consumer based economy, it has never worked on a large scale.

posted on Dec, 5 2017 @ 08:52 AM
link   

The workers in this country are treated like dirt.

posted on Dec, 5 2017 @ 08:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015

The workers in this country are treated like dirt.

Totally agree and they are the backbone of the economy.

posted on Dec, 5 2017 @ 08:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
Millions of people in this country do not have enough money to go two months without a paycheck. If there is a crash of the stock market and layoffs result again like in 08, we will have major problems again. We have allowed certain liberal economists to alter our economy into a very risky place. They talked conservatives into thinking it would work to have a consumer based economy, it has never worked on a large scale.

The problem is not liberal or conservative economics the problem is the culture of exceptionalism and perfection that dictates if you do not have a specific skill set your life is valueless and you are a loser.

posted on Dec, 5 2017 @ 09:07 AM
link   

To be fair, Ricky...even your own more specialized job is disposable if there's no consumer-based economy raking it in to afford to hire you. Companies can pay you to build new digs, but it's pretty worthless to shell out for if it's just going to be a shuttered, expensive loss for them because no one can afford the product/service it would offer in the first place. That's a blatant snowball effect problem no one wants to admit to. Just ask Florida how well builders & associated contractors did around '08 (big hint-- pretty damn bad) It's not like a lawyer or a mason has guaranteed job security if they have no cash coming their way, now is it?

posted on Dec, 5 2017 @ 09:11 AM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

To further your point I currently work in a carpentry trade doing residential construction specifically hardwood, laminate and carpet flooring and the market is still a disaster unless you live in a giant metropolitan area and have the right connections. Mike Rowe just doesn't know what he's talking about.

posted on Dec, 5 2017 @ 09:12 AM
link   

So, how much is your trust fund or allowance that allowed you to become so superior?

posted on Dec, 5 2017 @ 09:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Aliensun

My post is satire.

Think, "in before".

I'm working on a thread that addressed what I am using sarcasm to point out. People who are offended by this satire are probably insecure about their own philosophy.

edit on 5-12-2017 by toysforadults because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2017 @ 09:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: toysforadults

To further your point I currently work in a carpentry trade doing residential construction specifically hardwood, laminate and carpet flooring and the market is still a disaster unless you live in a giant metropolitan area and have the right connections. Mike Rowe just doesn't know what he's talking about.

For most of my childhood & adult life, my dad had 3 businesses catering to 3 different areas -- remodeling contracting, a storage facility, and vacation vehicle rentals.

All 3 businesses collapsed and went the way of the dino because no one could afford his offerings, and they weren't exactly overpriced -- he aimed to keep all 3 affordable and reachable for most as opposed to gouging (he wasn't making a killing in profit, put it that way) He wasn't a register puncher, a burger flipper, shelf stocker, etc. He was a businessman. His businesses proved even armed with business degrees, it's all still disposable if no one can afford to buy what you're selling.
edit on 12/5/2017 by Nyiah because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2017 @ 09:17 AM
link   

Which is the problem with our carpentry business and why I'm getting a degree in netoworking and security because the ups and downs are to drastic and the money isn't there like it used to be. Not to mention being undercut by illegals.

posted on Dec, 5 2017 @ 09:22 AM
link   

Millions of people in this country do not have enough money to go two months without a paycheck. If there is a crash of the stock market and layoffs result again like in 08, we will have major problems again.

I quote the relevant part of your email. Through no fault of their own are the lowest members of our populations will be the ones to suffer and to suffer physically the most. Those higher up the chain will simply not buy that Volvo they were lusting after, and, or give up the vacation house.

That is the time you will get your civil war, if the poor don't start it, then the over-burdened middle-class will have its back broken and will seek relief, drastic, but lawful changes in government.

posted on Dec, 5 2017 @ 09:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: toysforadults

Which is the problem with our carpentry business and why I'm getting a degree in netoworking and security because the ups and downs are to drastic and the money isn't there like it used to be. Not to mention being undercut by illegals.

Remember the IT boom in the 90's? My brother does, he remembers his initial big-ass salary, until the market was flooded by people looking to get on that gravy train. His income's in the $30k's now, almost a third of his "riding the wave in" salary.

A change in career is always an option, but if the market gets flooded, it drastically cuts down the worth of the employee's work when there's a sea of them to pick from, on the dirt cheap. Ample quantity typically equals Chinese pricing in any industry.
edit on 12/5/2017 by Nyiah because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2017 @ 09:29 AM
link   

I, nor anyone, should be expect to recognize your screen name and know that it is sarcasm.

Do it as usually done below.

(Sarcasm)

posted on Dec, 5 2017 @ 09:30 AM
link   

My post is satire.

Satire uses humor and wit. Your OP lacks either, it's really just hyperbole. We have a few members that are pretty good with satirical writing though, perhaps you can get some tips from them.

North County isn't special. Something like two-thirds of the country isn't financially secure enough to handle an emergency of more than a few hundred dollars. A quick google search pulls up dozens of articles about how many Americans are "one paycheck from poverty," and it's well over half.

posted on Dec, 5 2017 @ 09:31 AM
link   
the problem was not the Libtards... the culprit is Predatory Capitalism... where the sub-par DNA individuals are past the point of being Wage Slaves

the Libtards were instrumental in giving the Corporate-Beast Elites (Vulture Capitalists) all they demanded, thus making the menial-taskers less needed than Pawns on a chessboard

the Libtards fed the Corporate-Beast just as they now nurture and fawn over the Islamic Ideology as the model for running a 500,000,000 person workforce in the entire global economic system
edit on th31151248811505352017 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2017 @ 09:33 AM
link   
I didn't like working for people anymore.

So I started my own company.

All of you that are unhappy with what you do or where you are headed should do the same.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join