It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Flat Earth? Nah. But wait; what if this isn't the real Earth?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 6 2017 @ 10:13 AM
link   
a reply to: dragonridr

So i allready need 40 atoms just to define 1 in our universe.

You clearly have no understanding of computing possibilities involving higher order topological spaces - arrays of which under certain conditions would require no atoms whatsoever in order to project virtual particles into a virtual space. Once the base mechanicals were superseded by processes rooted in higher order field management, the potential for generating processes within the virtual space, without need for mechanical action, exists - shaping non-discrete media (fields) as a means of controlling the apparent mechanic components of the various 'dimensions'. Assuming energy were accessible at each level of the structure, then within the virtual space, mechanical action would be superseded & made redundant due to the use of field management. Defining virtual actions in virtual space by multi-iterated 'nested' arrangements of virtual 'information/energy fields' would allow for a simulation within a simulation (within a simulation, etc) - with no need for real atoms.

But also, just to clarify for everyone here - I'm not sold on the idea of a flat-earth. I hold out hope that we live on a globular earth in a real spinning solar system in a real spinning galaxy, wheels within wheels, in a real, organic universe. The only thing which drove me to create the thread, was to highlight how the flat earth reality could ONLY be real if we were living in a simulation, as prisoners of a highly advanced 'race' in charge of the Control System which keeps us locked up in the illusion. And, btw, we may be living in a simulation without necessarily also living on a flat earth - it's not a mutually exclusive deal.

posted on Dec, 6 2017 @ 10:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: FlyInTheOintment
a reply to: dragonridr

So i allready need 40 atoms just to define 1 in our universe.

You clearly have no understanding of computing possibilities involving higher order topological spaces - arrays of which under certain conditions would require no atoms whatsoever in order to project virtual particles into a virtual space. Once the base mechanicals were superseded by processes rooted in higher order field management, the potential for generating processes within the virtual space, without need for mechanical action, exists - shaping non-discrete media (fields) as a means of controlling the apparent mechanic components of the various 'dimensions'. Assuming energy were accessible at each level of the structure, then within the virtual space, mechanical action would be superseded & made redundant due to the use of field management. Defining virtual actions in virtual space by multi-iterated 'nested' arrangements of virtual 'information/energy fields' would allow for a simulation within a simulation (within a simulation, etc) - with no need for real atoms.

But also, just to clarify for everyone here - I'm not sold on the idea of a flat-earth. I hold out hope that we live on a globular earth in a real spinning solar system in a real spinning galaxy, wheels within wheels, in a real, organic universe. The only thing which drove me to create the thread, was to highlight how the flat earth reality could ONLY be real if we were living in a simulation, as prisoners of a highly advanced 'race' in charge of the Control System which keeps us locked up in the illusion. And, btw, we may be living in a simulation without necessarily also living on a flat earth - it's not a mutually exclusive deal.

Interesting concept.

Aaaaaaaand cue the overly anal and pompous Spock-tards asking you to "PROVE IT"...

posted on Dec, 6 2017 @ 10:47 AM
link   
It's a search in the dark for a pebble of truth in a turbulent sea of lies, rumors, whispers and exaggerations.
"It just doesn't add up"

posted on Dec, 6 2017 @ 01:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Reverbs
You basically summed up my perfect version of the matrix haha.

95% of the time the above post says all I need to say.. but some lonely nights I do wonder..

But..

If flight times are weird shouldn't a lot of people notice? Or even more fun 99% of people are replicants and the real people never get far in life.. this is our Prison! Afterall hahaha..

I guess if you made a wall around earth ice would be a good pick until humans were much more advanced...

But Lava wall man! And like a baddass giant demon hurtling giant fire boulders that spring into fire mountain titans would be so much cooler..

I honestly do wonder about the Truman show effect all the time. It was my first conspiracy theory at age four.. you guys are all "in on it" like a giant test.. the world gets progressively more dumb and it tests how long I put up with it lol.. NO joke I was four in 5he car and something about traffic lights and gas money and jobs set me off.. better not tell anyone caise... you're all aliens obviously..

I never thought to make the earth flat as well though haha.

I don't find your ideas at the age of 4 that ridiculous at all. If you can buy the simulation concept. If the simulation is as advanced as it appears, why not have it respond from the perspective of one individual in each game. As above so below.... just like gamers are doing everyday. Entering a sim world that is responding to them and them alone, the rest is just a backdrop... makes sense to me. It's as possible as anything else. And if this sim is really a teaching tool, it might make more sense to do it that way.

posted on Dec, 6 2017 @ 02:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: roadgravel

Im not struggling at all you just have zero understanding of how computers work.

haha.

What is your professional experience.

A quick Google search and copy and paste clicks by the looks of it.

He sure showed me with all those recited maffmatiks and stuff!

posted on Dec, 6 2017 @ 02:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: ignorant_ape
a reply to: Ruiner1978

oh FFS - we really do have an evassive little critter dont we

why are you so adamant to avoid answering such a simple question

and my " counter argument " is the question - because as i state - i am now convinced that people are using a flawed view of what a simulation is

Actually, I'll play this game.
I've changed my mind. I'd like to know how amazingly irrelevant this is going to be.

What was the question again?

posted on Dec, 6 2017 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Reality might be stranger than what our minds believe. It could also be designed that way.

Maybe in another universe or reality for some they are allowed to understand, by design or flaw, the sim and are allowed to investigate and try understand it. Hacking the sim.

posted on Dec, 6 2017 @ 04:10 PM
link   

Reality might be stranger than what our minds believe. It could also be designed that way.

Maybe in another universe or reality for some they are allowed to understand, by design or flaw, the sim and are allowed to investigate and try understand it. Hacking the sim.

Or even maybe in this one

posted on Dec, 6 2017 @ 09:14 PM
link   

If life was a computer simulation that would be impossible. It would be like a video game character hed never be able to access the programming. All he could do is explore the physicality of the program. He could know how far he could jump but never understand the program involved. In fact takingit a step further you would never understand the physics involved because it doesnt exist. Any any information you are given is suspect because it would be simulated data. Meaning restrictions would be hidden by the program. So we could literally be restricted to a small area but the data would tell us otherwise. This means our space is finite with and end that can never be accessed becuse the sim would always give us contradictory data.

However on the small scale the simulation would have to fail. So the smaller we look at reality the more the data would be hard to manipulate. The errors would show in things like a super collider.
edit on 12/6/17 by dragonridr because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2017 @ 01:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: dragonridr

If life was a computer simulation that would be impossible. It would be like a video game character hed never be able to access the programming. All he could do is explore the physicality of the program. He could know how far he could jump but never understand the program involved. In fact takingit a step further you would never understand the physics involved because it doesnt exist. Any any information you are given is suspect because it would be simulated data. Meaning restrictions would be hidden by the program. So we could literally be restricted to a small area but the data would tell us otherwise. This means our space is finite with and end that can never be accessed becuse the sim would always give us contradictory data.

However on the small scale the simulation would have to fail. So the smaller we look at reality the more the data would be hard to manipulate. The errors would show in things like a super collider.

Yeah those Dell laptops aren't really up to it...

posted on Dec, 7 2017 @ 03:29 AM
link   

Flat Earth? Nah. But wait; what if this isn't the real Earth?

Or worse.

What if we're not the real us!?

posted on Dec, 7 2017 @ 03:30 AM
link   
a reply to: ADSE255

What if my uncle is a woman?
Would he then be my aunt?

posted on Dec, 7 2017 @ 04:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: ADSE255

What if my uncle is a woman?
Would he then be my aunt?

Have you derived that from David Brent from the Office?

posted on Dec, 7 2017 @ 06:39 AM
link   
a reply to: roadgravel

Hey , what you said made me think of the Popul Vuh

Popul Vuh
taken from pages 186 -187

THE GRATITUDE OF THE FIRST MEN485 THEN the Framer and the Shaper asked them: “What is the nature of your existence? Do you know486 it? Do you not look and listen? Are not your speech and your walk good? Behold now, therefore, and see that which is beneath the sky. Are not the mountains clear? Do you not see the valleys? Try it then,” they were told.

Thus their vision of everything beneath the sky was completed, and they gave thanks to the Framer and the Shaper: “Truly we thank you doubly, triply that we were created, that we were given our mouths487 and our faces.488 We are able to speak and to listen. We are able to ponder and 485 lines 5011-5071 486 Na' is “to know, sense, feel.” For the Quichés, to know and to sense something are the same concept. Thus the creators ask the first humans about their knowledge by determining what they see, hear, and feel. 487 Literally “we were mouthed.”

In receiving their mouths, the Quiché progenitors thank the creator gods for giving them the means of expressing themselves. It is the ability to speak with intelligible words that distinguishes these new creations from the animals and the failed attempts at humanity which had previously been destroyed. 488 Literally “we were faced.” In Quiché, wach (face, countenance) carries the connotation of individual “self.” If something is pleasing to a person, it is said to “fall well upon the face” (utz kaqaj chuwach). To ask, “How are you?” the question would be phrased, “Is it good your face?” (La utz a wach?). Thus the first people thank the gods for having given them their identity, or sense of self. It is also intimately tied to vision. In the previous section, the first men’s extraordinary vision is what gave them their ability to gain knowledge.
(187) to move about.

We know much, for we have learned that which is far and near. We have seen the great and the small, all that exists in the sky and on the earth. We thank you, therefore, that we were created, that we were given frame and shape. We became because of you, our Grandmother, and you, our Grandfather,” they said when they gave thanks for their frame and shape. Their knowledge of everything that they saw was complete—the four corners and the four sides, that which is within the sky and that which is within the earth. But this did not sound good to the Framer and the Shaper: “It is not good what they have said, they that we have framed and shaped. They said, ‘We have learned everything, great and small.’”

THE DISPLEASURE OF THE GODS489

THUS their knowledge was taken back by She Who Has Borne Children and He Who Has Begotten Sons: “What now can be done to them so that their vision reaches only nearby, so that only a little of the face of the earth can be seen by them? For it is not good what they say. Is not their existence merely framed, merely shaped? It is a mistake (490) that they have become like gods. “But if they do not multiply or are increased, when will the first planting be? When will it dawn? If they do not increase, when will it be so? Therefore we will merely undo them a little now. That is what is wanted, because it is not good what we have found (489 lines 5072-5115 490 Lab'e is a “mistake, error, or bad omen.” 188 ) out.

Their works will merely be equated with ours. Their knowledge will extend to the furthest reaches, and they will (see 491) everything.” Thus spoke Heart of Sky and Huracan, Youngest Thunderbolt and Sudden Thunderbolt, Sovereign and Quetzal Serpent, She Who Has Borne Children and He Who Has Begotten Sons, Xpiyacoc and Xmucane, the Framer and the Shaper, as they are called. Thus they remade the essence of that which they had framed and shaped.

edit on 7-12-2017 by sapien82 because: (no reason given)

This example is also echoed by the Egyptian creation myth
where the gods who created us , the sculptors gave us too much to begin with and realised we were too alike
and so they took us apart and made us less.

Both the mayan and egyptian myths speak of Gods coming from the pool of the abyss (stargates ? speculation) , or something to that affect

posted on Oct, 17 2020 @ 07:17 PM
link   
a reply to: FlyInTheOintment

Might them-there 'controllers' : be flatty-headed, or roundy-headed ?

posted on Nov, 5 2020 @ 06:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus
A wise man once said there is no reality only perception.

Who was this man? If there's no reality, then there's no 'man', and what made him wise, exactly?

This sounds more like quantum mechanics than the 'world of big things'. This kind of ultimate statements should be refrained until we reach a bigger perspective, so we can verify such claims merely by observing whether perception exists outside, inside, or instead of reality. We can't really define reality until we can truly experience it.

posted on Nov, 5 2020 @ 09:25 AM
link   

Like Maeve in Westworld when she was escaping lol.
They showed her the program on the screen ......words appeared on the screen as she was speaking them.....it was still not 'her' escaping......it was all part of the show, as it were.

How could 'you' ever escape or hack the program?

What is this 'you' anyway?

Those legs and hands that are appearing are all part of the 'simulation'......that noise.....the thoughts......sensations...... everything.

edit on 5-11-2020 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join