It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Altered Carbon New Netflix scifi show

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 4 2017 @ 09:30 PM
link   
This looks like its going to be a winner.

Based on the award-winning novel, Altered Carbon takes place in a future where the human mind can now be digitized and downloaded into a "cortical stack" and placed into new bodies, called sleeves.

The series follows Envoy soldier Takeshi Kovacs (Joel Kinnaman), who is brought back to life centuries later to investigate the attempted murder of Laurens Bancroft (James Purefoy), the wealthiest man on Earth. As the investigation progresses, Kovacs comes to learn that his past isn’t nearly as buried as he thought.

The series debuts exclusively on Netflix February 2nd, 2018.

posted on Dec, 4 2017 @ 09:47 PM
link   
That does indeed like quite good, may be a good replacement for Dark Matter since that has been cancelled.

posted on Dec, 4 2017 @ 10:20 PM
link   
a reply to: interupt42

I will give it a whirl! I'm looking forward to the next season of The Corporation (another sci-fi futurist series) whenever Season 2 premier might be - if you haven't heard of it you may want to check it out

PS another one was Black Mirror - also very highly recommended by yours truly

edit on 4-12-2017 by FamCore because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2017 @ 10:39 PM
link   
a reply to: FamCore

next season of The Corporation (another sci-fi futurist series)

Possible Spoiler for those who haven't seen it

Is that the one where the guy comes from the ghetto but hacks into the system to get a new identity to get into the corporation and then becomes the head of security to try to find his girlfriend. He also gets married to the daughter of CEO of the corporation and kills one of his colleagues when he found out the truth about him?

If it is then yeah I saw it , it was pretty good. I had to force my self to stay with it at first but then ended up liking it.

edit on 401231America/ChicagoMon, 04 Dec 2017 22:40:15 -0600000000p3142 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2017 @ 11:36 PM
link   

Takeshi Kovacs has been my Xboxlive handle for about 7-8 years (well, as close as xbox copyright censors would allow!), so you could say I've been waiting a while for this!

Possibly the best Sci-fi book I've read. Cyber punk, Detective/Noir, graphic violence!

Altered Carbon is actually the first book in a trilogy, followed up by Broken Angels, and finally Woken Furies.

IIRC, The book was actually optioned a couple times by 1 of the producers from the Matrix, but it never made it to production. Was stoked to see Netflix pick it up. Just hope they do it justice.

The author, Richard K Morgan, has written quite a few sci-fi books, a fantasty trilogy and some graphic novels, including 1 about the Marvel character Black Widow (Scarlett Johansen in Avengers).

He also wrote the story for the games, Crysis 2, and Syndicate

edit on 4-12-2017 by AbdulAlhazred because: Pull on the new flesh like borrowed gloves and burn your fingers once again...

edit on 4-12-2017 by AbdulAlhazred because: Scan Up!

posted on Dec, 5 2017 @ 12:42 AM
link   

if it lives up to the expectation created by the book - it will be good

posted on Dec, 5 2017 @ 05:12 AM
link   

Love me some SF like you looks like a winner.

posted on Dec, 5 2017 @ 05:47 AM
link   
Sounds like an interesting show. Will have to put it on my list.

originally posted by: FamCore
PS another one was Black Mirror - also very highly recommended by yours truly

Yep, this is a good show, but it's kind of odd. I really have to be in the right frame of mind to watch.

posted on Dec, 5 2017 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Co-incidence or not but I browsed this on the net about 10 minutes ago to find out about it. Does look like one for me

posted on Dec, 5 2017 @ 07:12 PM
link   

Super Excited

posted on Feb, 1 2018 @ 07:51 AM
link   
a reply to: norhoc

One more day!!!!!

posted on Feb, 1 2018 @ 10:03 AM
link   
Looks awesome, but can we just have Shadowrun already. That would be amazing. We keep getting so close but lacking in one area or the other.
edit on 2/1/2018 by Puppylove because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2018 @ 05:42 AM
link   

Just watched the first episode it is awesome.
A real cyberpunk feel to it.

posted on Feb, 2 2018 @ 08:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: testingtesting

Just watched the first episode it is awesome.
A real cyberpunk feel to it.

Awesome can't wait to watch it later.

posted on Feb, 3 2018 @ 03:30 PM
link   
I have just finished episode 6 and that was the best one. It so reminds me of my role playing game cyberpunk 2020.
Such a good show I hope it gets another season.

posted on Feb, 5 2018 @ 08:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: testingtesting
I have just finished episode 6 and that was the best one. It so reminds me of my role playing game cyberpunk 2020.
Such a good show I hope it gets another season.

Binged watch it and it was good , but I think I had higher expectations for it. So I was a little disappointed on it and felt it was a little cheesy and awkward in certain parts.

However, I cant wait to watch season 2.

posted on Feb, 6 2018 @ 10:52 AM
link   
I liked it.

Been awhile since I binged watched.

posted on Feb, 6 2018 @ 01:54 PM
link   
Saw a preview for this on Netflix yesterday. It's definitely going on my must watch list, but I want to finish up all the Marvel series first.

posted on Feb, 6 2018 @ 02:38 PM
link   
I've watched through episode 6 and it's good. I might be biased because I really liked joel kinnaman in The Killings.

posted on Feb, 6 2018 @ 04:23 PM
link   

Just finished it yup a little chessy in parts but made me think of the heading we are going and it may be this kinda thing.
I love cyberpunk fiction Gibson ect it is crazy to think how right they were in their vision of the future.
edit on 6-2-2018 by testingtesting because: I swear to god auto correct is thd bane of my existence.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join