It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do people fear death?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 4 2017 @ 06:20 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

That is so creepy. *pulls covers up over head*

posted on Dec, 4 2017 @ 06:22 PM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

That is certainly my fear. Leaving behind those I care for. I also fear outliving them (hey double the goodness)

posted on Dec, 4 2017 @ 06:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: neoholographic
I have zero fear of death and I always wondered why people have such a fear of it.

It's attachment.

People are attached to what they have, and fear losing it.

When you die, you lose all your property, family, and friends.

If you're attached to these things, you'll fear death.

posted on Dec, 4 2017 @ 06:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Bigburgh

I see what looks like some kind of apparition, but I don't see anything that resembles a nun so I must not be seeing/looking at it in the same way.

Can someone draw me a roadmap to the nun?

posted on Dec, 4 2017 @ 06:49 PM
link   
I learned to not fear my own death. People tend to fear the unknown that's all. It's likely impossible to find out if there is a other side or what even lies beyond. I always theorized what would happen if science proved without a doubt that death would be the worst thing that could happen to someone. What if death were just a dark spot in the corner of our mind. Trapped for all eternity in absolute silence and darkness. You're concious but you can't move at all. Would people just stop murdering each other because of the fear of dying?
edit on 4-12-2017 by Perfectenemy because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2017 @ 06:51 PM
link   
a reply to: six67seven

Tried searching images of Nuns in full black and white Habits just now on the web...
Note to self.

DON'T SEARCH FOR NUNS ON THE INTERNET.

BOO!

Imagine her clothes flowing in the air..

edit on 4-12-2017 by Bigburgh because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2017 @ 07:06 PM
link   
It not so much dying that scares me, more or less just the ways you can.

edit on 4-12-2017 by Specimen because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2017 @ 07:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Bigburgh

Oh, you mean the knight in shining armor weilding a sword!!

Thats no nun you silly goose!

To death!!

posted on Dec, 4 2017 @ 07:08 PM
link   
a reply to: six67seven

Lol..

posted on Dec, 4 2017 @ 07:11 PM
link   
Life is pleasant...death is peaceful...it is the transition that is troubling.

posted on Dec, 4 2017 @ 07:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

Stifled scream....gurgle....foot-stamp....random limb shaking...splutter....gasp....
My bad!

posted on Dec, 4 2017 @ 08:10 PM
link   
a reply to: neoholographic

"I'm not afraid to die, I just don't want to be there when it happens." Woody Allen

posted on Dec, 4 2017 @ 08:15 PM
link   
Its the dying part that scares the crap out of me.

As far as death, well, one of two options
Either I won't care because I am simply back in the void
Or something new happens and its a new beginning (or continuing I suppose)...

But the dying part...no graceful exit on here

posted on Dec, 4 2017 @ 08:20 PM
link   
I fear not of death because the Lord is with me wherever I go. When my time comes it will be as it was meant to be.

posted on Dec, 4 2017 @ 08:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

I agree with that. I never really gave much thought to dying. Definitely wasn't something that I was afraid of. Until I was. My mom and my best friend died 1 month apart. Those are the only two deaths I've had the displeasure of witnessing. Both times I was told to expect a painless, peaceful passing. It was horrible. Every single day until I die I will see those moments replay in my mind. It seriously twisted something in my head I fear will never be straight again. I don't fear what comes after death, but now..... I definitely do fear the dying part.

posted on Dec, 4 2017 @ 08:37 PM
link   
That’s beautiful brother, love it! I like how you think!!a reply to: randyvs

posted on Dec, 4 2017 @ 08:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Brogue

Wow, I feel the complete opposite. Of all the possibilities as to what may occur after death, I find the one you fear to be one of the most comforting. I would desire it more than some sort of hell or even reincarnation.

posted on Dec, 4 2017 @ 08:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

Hi Prebirther! I too am a Prebirther.... I also do not have a fear of dying. I know where I came from and I know where I'm going to. We are all spiritual beings. We are all energy and energy never dies, it just transforms. What people fear is the unknown. Which is crazy in this day and age when everyone has access to the internet. Just go to the NDE website and that is the closest thing you can find about your next journey after this life. Listen to the story of the Atheist and his near death experience sure did change his personality really fast. Life, death it's all amazing! I pray for those people that fear death. Do yourself a favor go to that website it is beautiful, and it could possibly help you fear less. I myself didn't need the website because I already have a knowing........ Good Luck to all you beautiful people........

posted on Dec, 4 2017 @ 08:52 PM
link   
Imo We are all part of G D. The great spirit. The source. The cosmic energy if you will. When we die we go back to the source. I dont fear death. I fear the pain my loves will go through during that grieving time.

posted on Dec, 4 2017 @ 08:54 PM
link   
1. Because of the unknown-and it's finite as far we know in this world.
2. Religions use the fear of death to control you in this life.
3. Our present day Gods tell us truly unbelievable stories about after death that sound like a Grimm Borthers fairy tale.
4. We worry for our loved ones-their sadness and well being.
5. Because the only body we can recall will cease to function and be discarded in various disgusting ways.
6. We fear the pain of a failing body and the loss of control over it and our loved ones suffering seeing us that way.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join