It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I completely believe NFL is rigging outcomes..

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 4 2017 @ 01:25 PM
link   
First, keep in mind, rigging does not mean who loses and wins all the time. It could be to make a Line go the other way or to keep a game interesting for raitings sake.

There is SOOO much money around pro football. And with sports betting, their is a lot of illegal and legal money changing hands. Who do you make more money? YOu control the flow of money around the sport. How do you do that without getting caught? You make an obtuse system...

Look at modern football. With the good ol' player saftey flags, clean hits can still get flags. And not of the little kind, the the 15 yard game changing kind. Now the all communications + replay going through NY with Rodger sitting in his command chair, it's way easier to "fix" football. We have been conditioned to say "oh what a bad call" and move on. But what if it was more then that. I believe it is. Any close play that can go either way, Rodger has the ultimate say over in the Command Center. And guess what, he has plenty of motivation to make calls one way or another. Look what happened with Euro Football (soccor) www.spiege... l.de/international/germany/football-betting-scandal-prosecutors-say-up-to-200-matches-were-fixed-a-662479.html

i'm getting a bit lost in my words, but you get the gist.. I totally believe NFL football is easily fixable, and most likely, fixed..

posted on Dec, 4 2017 @ 01:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Vaedur

I'm confident that you are wrong when you say that Goodell has the final say on close plays.

That said, I believe that it is rigged.
The people rigging it though, are not in the NFL front offices.
It's the refs.

Refs bet on games and call plays to make sure they make their line, or over under.
Some youtubers show some good examples of this.

I'm sure every once in a while, some refs get into some serious debt and have people to answer to, as well.
That was proven in the NBA before.

The only other ones, I think, that could be influenced...
Kickers..

posted on Dec, 4 2017 @ 01:43 PM
link   

It's really interesting that you post this now considering my thoughts on yesterdays Kansas City Chiefs Game VS the New York Jets. There was a touchdown which looked completely suspect to me. Usually they would have tons of replays from all angles, but in this situation they didn't do that and it made me wonder...

Not sure if I would take it as far as you did, but it did make me go hmmm...

P.S.
Not a Jets or Chiefs Fan

edit on 12/4/2017 by PsychoEmperor because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2017 @ 01:44 PM
link   
You guys still watch that garbage? College is where real football is played!!

posted on Dec, 4 2017 @ 01:48 PM
link   
wow refs
come on
are you in north korea
this is americana sports
refs don't do such a thing

stop this talk
this is ats
people of sound minds

posted on Dec, 4 2017 @ 01:48 PM
link   
I thought you were going to say they are rigging society with fake division.

posted on Dec, 4 2017 @ 01:49 PM
link   
Bob Costas said the other day that professional American football will soon be gone because it has been proven to cause widespread brain damage and there's really no way to stop it. (Professional flag football?) A few school districts get hit with massive lawsuits, and high schools and colleges will basically close up their programs, and then where will the players come from?

Football will go the way of boxing, another sport linked to brain damage and heavily tainted by gambling / organized crime.
edit on 4-12-2017 by Blue Shift because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2017 @ 01:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blue Shift
Bob Costas said the other day that professional American football will soon be gone because it has been proven to cause widespread brain damage. A few school districts get hit with massive lawsuits, and high schools and colleges will basically close up their programs, and then where will the players come from?

Football will go the way of boxing, another sport heavily tainted by gambling / organized crime.

read my post
just like it was with sumo here in japan a few years ago

posted on Dec, 4 2017 @ 02:12 PM
link   
a reply to: o0oTOPCATo0o

I dunno that I believe that refs are rigging games but I wouldn't doubt that refs *have* rigged games before. It seems to me that there are more penalties per game then there's used to be but the variation really isn't a great as I would have thought year-to-year. We do seem to be a decade or so into a general upswing though.

How Many Penalties In An NFL Game On Average?

posted on Dec, 4 2017 @ 02:13 PM
link   

What about the games Roger attends in person, and he is standing on the sidelines?

Anyway, the head of officiating has the final say on replays.

posted on Dec, 4 2017 @ 02:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: GuidedKill

You don't think college can be fixed?

I watched my team lose about three games by less than a score, each time we had that score in the end zone, called by the refs and then had it overturned by booth review.

I don't make much out of it because my team had a ton of issues this year. We should not have been in that position to begin with, but how often do you end up losing three games by less than a score when you had that score overturned in the course of the game by booth review?

posted on Dec, 4 2017 @ 02:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

I watched my team lose about three games by less than a score, each time we had that score in the end zone, called by the refs and then had it overturned by booth review.

I don't make much out of it because my team had a ton of issues this year. We should not have been in that position to begin with, but how often do you end up losing three games by less than a score when you had that score overturned in the course of the game by booth review?

That's exactly why college is better!! We all know these kids are broke and usually come from lower income families. It's kind of understandable they can be bought...What are the NFL players who make millions a year excuse?

posted on Dec, 4 2017 @ 02:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian
a reply to: o0oTOPCATo0o

I dunno that I believe that refs are rigging games but I wouldn't doubt that refs *have* rigged games before. It seems to me that there are more penalties per game then there's used to be but the variation really isn't a great as I would have thought year-to-year. We do seem to be a decade or so into a general upswing though.

Bolded part... is making the NFL unwatchable.

I know they have a job to do, and what the Seattle Seahawks specifically do, is cross the line constantly to continually put pressure on the refs to throw the flag. Their thinking is that the refs will get tired (mentally, by second guessing themselves because they throw a flag every other play, seemingly) of interrupting the game.

Problem is, the refs don't seem to get tired. I probably watch less than half the NFL games this year that I did last year. But I also have a 15 month old, so there are other factors involved .... that said, most games I do watch leave me with a sour taste in my mouth afterwards. I've realized the games I miss... well, I ain't missing much at all.

There are certain refereeing crews that are known to throw significantly more holding or PI (what-have-you) flags than others, and that is often discussed during the game by the commentators.

In the end, I don't believe these games are fixed. The human error factor, the rule structure and the fact that it's the hardest game to referee and it's a very fast game lends me to believe it's just a game that won't ever make anyone happy. Refs will always be a problem.

Guys... it's 2017 and they use sticks and chains to measure first downs. I mean, come on!!!
edit on 3228x6732America/ChicagovAmerica/Chicago12 by six67seven because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2017 @ 02:32 PM
link   
a reply to: six67seven

Part of it is lack of ability to practice.

You can't clean up some of the fundamentals, like tackling, for example, because you aren't allowed to go pads on due to worry about head trauma.

When you aren't practicing it, you aren't doing it. When you aren't doing it, you aren't building muscle memory and your entire quality of performance drops.

posted on Dec, 4 2017 @ 02:35 PM
link   
I can see how it could be done, not saying it is. If the refs favor a team they could make the close calls for that team. Replay has to be conclusive to overturn. Making the original call more valid. It could be done.

ETA- We also see flags picked up all the time. What may have been an infraction seen by one official is called off.
edit on 4-12-2017 by intrepid because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2017 @ 02:39 PM
link   

I totally agree with you. I think it is happening with NBA too. There are some crazy things that are happening in just the last few years.

posted on Dec, 4 2017 @ 02:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

Lol EMAW!!

posted on Dec, 4 2017 @ 02:54 PM
link   
Each team is it's own private franchise. They do what's best to create the outcome they desire. The NFL is not a league. It is a business venture. That's all

posted on Dec, 4 2017 @ 02:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Blue Shift

Things is that soccer causes just as many head injuries. That's the dirty little secret no one talks about.

posted on Dec, 4 2017 @ 02:58 PM
link   
a reply to: essentialtremors

U still mad bro?

You know because I didn't immediately hop right on board the Sooner hype train and declare that they were going to destroy Alabama?

Sheesh, I still think it may be more of a game then you seem to think.
edit on 4-12-2017 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join