It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

True Pundit - Mueller Yanks Comey’s Immunity Deal; Falling Out Between Former FBI Bosses Puts Come

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 4 2017 @ 12:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

AND...
how could Mueller give Comey immunity in any Senate hearings? Do these people who make up this crap even read what they write?

posted on Dec, 4 2017 @ 12:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme

Then, an early immunity deal was apparently struck which allowed Comey to speak carefree at his Senate hearings and beyond

Apparently??? So no documentation of any immunity deal? Just conjecture on the part of truepundit? Which lacks any kind of cred?
That never happened. Mueller didn't give immunity to Comey ever.
Your link doesn't even say that. It is all supposition. If, maybe, probably, possibly...

I guess you will have to live with it until its completely confirmed or debunked. Just as we have to do with other crap you have posted that turned out to be untrue.

posted on Dec, 4 2017 @ 12:53 PM
link   
Isn't True Pundit one of those "Macedonian Spammer" sites from this past summer?

posted on Dec, 4 2017 @ 12:53 PM
link   

AND...
how could Mueller give Comey immunity in any Senate hearings? Do these people who make up this crap even read what they write?

If you knew what you were talking about you would know senate and house committees are not criminal investigation bodies.

Immunity from one of those entities is generally done in conjunction with DOJ to make sure their testimony is protected.

As special counsel Mueller can grant immunity to whom ever he sees fit and has the authority to do it on his own.

Way to keep up though.

posted on Dec, 4 2017 @ 12:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan
Isn't True Pundit one of those "Macedonian Spammer" sites from this past summer?

I have no idea.

I placed the source name in the thread title, the thread itself and included a warning at the bottom of the post.
edit on 4-12-2017 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2017 @ 12:55 PM
link   
I did read somewhere that Comey did get some kind of Immunity when he testified. Like any deal it is contingent on the person behaving. Evidently he either said a direct lie in his testimony or he has been leaking things he should not be leaking. I do not know what else he could do to screw it up, that is written in the contract that is signed.

This could be true, but the source is not that reliable, we will have to see what comes out in the next couple of days. I have my doubts if this is completely real. It's probably been twisted somehow.

posted on Dec, 4 2017 @ 12:57 PM
link   

AND...

lol you obviously have no idea how the DOJ and or special councils work..

Amazing to considering how you are always around to comment on (Trump) legal proceedings...

posted on Dec, 4 2017 @ 01:01 PM
link   

No I dont. I already know it's poppycock.

posted on Dec, 4 2017 @ 01:01 PM
link   
One thing that kind of backs up the idea that he had an immunity deal to begin with is that Comey admitted in Senate hearings that he leaked information to his buddy to get a SC appointed. He admitted leaking.
Would he have done that without protection?
Leaking, yes.
Admitting to it... no.... he's a freaking lawyer FFS.
edit on b000000312017-12-04T13:03:35-06:0001America/ChicagoMon, 04 Dec 2017 13:03:35 -0600100000017 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2017 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Not calling you out on source...you gave the disclaimer. Just throwing out what I (think I) know.

posted on Dec, 4 2017 @ 01:04 PM
link   

And if you knew anything you'd know as a complete outsider Mueller couldn't give Comey immunity in any congressional hearing.

Anyway just another bull# thread so I'm out.
Truepundit... Ha ha ha.

posted on Dec, 4 2017 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Not calling you out on source...you gave the disclaimer. Just throwing out what I (think I) know.

No if its a bad source then end it now before it takes on a life of its own. I dont use the source and am not familiar with it. If I were I would have either not used it or would have included all the warnings in the op I did except upfront and not after the fact.

With all the disinfo / misinfo going around on these topics adding bs to the mix doesnt help. Either reporting this story or the reputation of this site.

posted on Dec, 4 2017 @ 01:07 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

Politifacts has his "Pants on Fire" on the rating of his honesty:

www.politifact.com...

posted on Dec, 4 2017 @ 01:09 PM
link   

And if you knew anything you'd know as a complete outsider Mueller couldn't give Comey immunity in any congressional hearing.

Anyway just another bull# thread so I'm out.
Truepundit... Ha ha ha.

Yup and you need to get it through your head that Mueller is special counsel and can grant immunity in his criminal investigation, which takes precedence over the senate / house committee hearings. He has NOTHING to do with testimony in either of those hearings.

But you keep repeating the false info about the senate hearing and immunity6 all you want. It only makes you look even less informed on the topic than you already are.

posted on Dec, 4 2017 @ 01:10 PM
link   

Politifacts has his "Pants on Fire" on the rating of his honesty:

www.politifact.com...

1 person voted.

posted on Dec, 4 2017 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Yea, I saw that too but it's based off only one rating.

I think this site is a more comprehensive report on the site. Namely: some of the stuff they post is true. Some isn't.

Mediabiascheck

Certainly isn't an end-all, be-all answer to the question, and certainly doesn't entirely kill the OP article. Just food for thought.

posted on Dec, 4 2017 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Really??

What authority does a special counsel have?
A special counsel has the same authority as any federal prosecutor, William Banks, a professor and the founding director of the Institute for National Security and Counterterrorism at Syracuse University, told us in a phone interview. That includes access to classified documents. It also includes the authority — if deemed appropriate — to subpoena, say, the president’s tax records.

LINK

Witness immunity from prosecution occurs when a prosecutor grants immunity to a witness in exchange for testimony or production of other evidence. It is immunity because the prosecutor essentially agrees never to prosecute the crime that the witness might have committed in exchange for the said evidence.

LINK

If Prosecutors offer immunity deals and special counsels works as prosecutors then you can see where this is going and how yes Muller can offer immunity..

But you being a legal expert and all you already knew this right?!?!

posted on Dec, 4 2017 @ 01:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

The congressional investigations have been coordinating with Muller from the beginning. In any case, neither the House nor the Senate has any authority to indict anyone for anything. This would have to be done thru the Department of Justice, or thru a special council (ie, Mueller). Therefore, immunity would need to be coordinated thru the DOJ or an appropriate special council as well.

posted on Dec, 4 2017 @ 01:15 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 4 2017 @ 01:18 PM
link   

A right wing source with no links to external sources and 100% speculation positioned as truth? Moving on.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join