It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

True Pundit - Mueller Yanks Comey’s Immunity Deal; Falling Out Between Former FBI Bosses Puts Come

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+22 more 
posted on Dec, 4 2017 @ 12:07 PM
link   
True Pundit - SPY vs SPY: Mueller Yanks Comey’s Immunity Deal; Falling Out Between Former FBI Bosses Puts Comey in Danger

There has been a reported falling out between U.S. Special Counsel Robert Mueller and ex-FBI Chief James Comey in recent weeks which leaves Comey potentially vulnerable to possible criminal charges, according to Justice Department and FBI sources.

The stakes have changed in the sweeping Russia collusion investigation that has spread far beyond the 2016 presidential election timeline.

Any immunity agreement that was previously on the table protecting Comey is now off the table, according to multiple DOJ sources. For months since he was fired by President Donald Trump in June, Comey has been testifying and acting like a major D.C. player with little to worry about.

But at some point in recent weeks, that has changed based on new information about Comey’s tenure at FBI which has been uncovered during Mueller’s probe, sources said.

Perhaps this is one reason why Comey has taken to social media to quote scripture and post nature pictures, including one photo of him standing alone amid corn stalks in a field during a sunset in Iowa.

Click link for entire article..

If true all I can say is wow...

This would explain why Democrats are going nuts in trying to come up with any reason to impeach Trump.

**NOTE**
The source is questionable and cites unnamed sources. Do your due diligence and keep an eye out for sources that corroborate or debunk the claims being made in this article.

edit on 4-12-2017 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2017 @ 12:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

What immunity deal? When did that happen?

+2 more 
posted on Dec, 4 2017 @ 12:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme

What immunity deal? When did that happen?

That happened at the start of Mueller's investigation.

A refresher on the summer’s events regarding the previous immunity deal.

First, Comey himself leaked at least one memo that actually sparked the Justice Department to appoint a Special Counsel. Then, from a pool of countless candidates to serve as Special Counsel, Mueller — a close friend and long-time mentor of Comey — just happened to get picked.Then, an early immunity deal was apparently struck which allowed Comey to speak carefree at his Senate hearings and beyond.

Comey’s previous deal insulated him against prosecution for his role in many controversial FBI cases and emerging scandals. However, absent a deal protecting him from Mueller’s team or a grand jury, Comey could be implicated in a number of growing probes, including:

Leaking other government documents to third parties including the media
Inconsistencies in testimony that rise to the level or perjury
Any role he played in the illegal surveillance or wiretapping of Trump during the election
Any other crimes Comey may have committed during his tenure as FBI director, including his role in quashing the Hillary Clinton email investigation.
His role in unmasking Trump, Trump insiders and other Americans from FISA warrant intelligence
Any violations of FBI employment ethics that would nullify pension benefits.
Uranium One.
Legal spillover from the investigations targeting FBI Deputy Director Andrew McCabe.
Other cases which have not been made public.

posted on Dec, 4 2017 @ 12:15 PM
link   
Currently only TruePundit.com is reporting this story. The site has a reputation for being loose with facts so I will wait until another site picks up the story before I believe it.

posted on Dec, 4 2017 @ 12:18 PM
link   
An unnamed source says Comey got immunity and now an unnamed source says it's been yanked. Or was it ever actually verified that immunity had been given?

True Pundit's unnamed reporter, reddit, and 4chan are the only places I see this story. Doesn't exactly scream "legit" to me but who knows.

posted on Dec, 4 2017 @ 12:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6
An unnamed source says Comey got immunity and now an unnamed source says it's been yanked. Or was it ever actually verified that immunity had been given?

True Pundit's unnamed reporter, reddit, and 4chan are the only places I see this story. Doesn't exactly scream "legit" to me but who knows.

Hence my caveat in my op - "If true".

posted on Dec, 4 2017 @ 12:28 PM
link   

This would explain why Democrats are going nuts in trying to come up with any reason to impeach Trump.

For sure. This would indicate that Muller has evidence Comey broke the law, and is considering charging him.

If Comey is indicted for anything corruption-related, then the obstruction case against Trump is dead. At that point, how could anyone possibly argue that Trump shouldn't have fired Comey?

As it is, Dershowitz, the Harvard lawyer who's highly-regarded as a legal expert, just said that an obstruction of justice charge against Trump is a long shot. Basically, the president is the chief law-enforcement officer, and so is well within his rights to offer his opinion on investigations, so to prove he obstructed justice you'd need evidence of him committing clearly-illegal acts. Like when Nixon ordered people to lie and offered bribes to derail the Watergate investigation. Clearly illegal. Nothing we've heard so far regarding Trump is even on the same continent as that kind of evidence.

He also offered examples of when Bush & Clinton said similar things as what Trump said, and nobody at those times thought they were obstructing.
edit on 4-12-2017 by AndyFromMichigan because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2017 @ 12:29 PM
link   

I understand that, as I can read fairly well. I was offering my opinion.

posted on Dec, 4 2017 @ 12:30 PM
link   
Good thing every tiny detail about the investigation is handed to people on a silver platter by the media, otherwise we wouldn't be distracted like they want. Literally every day there's a new development. Every. Single. Day.

Maybe one day people will wake up and realize it's a psyop and social engineering. Bread and circus.

posted on Dec, 4 2017 @ 12:31 PM
link   
This reeks to me like click-bait to keep Trump's base motivated, most likely BS.

We'll see I guess.

posted on Dec, 4 2017 @ 12:32 PM
link   

You should really warn people when you post a true pundit link.

I feel dirty for clicking on that. And not in a good way.

posted on Dec, 4 2017 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Bill Mitchell‏Verified account @mitchellvii

With the new rift between Mueller and Comey and potential pulling of Comey's immunity deal, the Mueller investigation just entered a dangerous new phase for Obama/Hillary, just as YourVoice America has been predicting...
8:04 AM - 4 Dec 2017 from West Palm Beach, FL

+5 more 
posted on Dec, 4 2017 @ 12:33 PM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

Seems to me liberals were thrilled when anti-Trump stuff was leaking out. Now that leaks have largely turned anti-Democrat (eg, the laundry list of alleged sexual assaulters), suddenly now they've decided that leaks are bad.

posted on Dec, 4 2017 @ 12:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks

Noted -
True Pundit added to link in op.

posted on Dec, 4 2017 @ 12:38 PM
link   

I agree truepundit is very questionable.

Even if they werent, this story is solely reliant on unamed sources, and we have all been burnt by that too many times.

Just curious though, will you be requesting people posting main stream sources like ABC also post a warning because it makes you feel dirty?

posted on Dec, 4 2017 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Added to thread title as well.

ETA -
Special note made at bottom of op article reference the source.

posted on Dec, 4 2017 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Well if true then this would be pretty interesting to see what comes of it.

posted on Dec, 4 2017 @ 12:46 PM
link   
Gateway Pundit - A Day Late and Dollar Short: Jeff Sessions Just Now Realizes Mueller Team Full of Liberal Hacks- What a Disgrace!

We reported in August that the entire team was Trump haters. Here is a summary of the Mueller team –

Robert Mueller – Special Counsel Team leader. — Best friend to fired leaker James Comey a key witness in the case and cohort at the FBI in assisting Mueller to enable the Clintons to get away with their many crimes.
Rush Atkinson, an attorney on detail from the Criminal Division’s Fraud Section at the Department of Justice
— Donated $200 to Clinton in 2016
Peter Carr – DOJ spokesman under Barack Obama.
Andrew Goldstein, a public corruption prosecutor on detail from the U.S. Attorney’s Office in the Southern District of New York — Worked under Trump-basher Preet Bharara in the liberal New York southern district.
Adam Jed, an appellate attorney on detail from DOJ’s Civil Division. — Defended Obamacare at the DOJ.
Lisa Page, an attorney on detail from the FBI’s Office of the General Counsel and a former trial attorney with the Criminal Division’s Organized Crime and Gang Section – Investigated Ukrainian oligarch Dmitry Firtash, a one-time business partner of former Trump campaign manager Paul Manafort, at the DOJ.
Elizabeth Prelogar, an appellate attorney on detail from the Office of the Solicitor General. -Fluent in Russian; former law clerk to Justices Ruth Bader Ginsburg and Elena Kagan.
James Quarles, a former partner at WilmerHale and a former assistant special prosecutor for the Watergate Special Prosecution Force. –Former assistant special prosecutor on the Watergate Special Prosecution Force.
Jeannie Rhee, a former partner at WilmerHale who has served in the Office of Legal Counsel at DOJ and as an assistant U.S. attorney for the District of Columbia. — Rhee is a Clinton Foundation Lawyer and former Deputy Assistant Attorney General in the Office of Legal Counsel under Barack Obama.
Brandon Van Grack, an attorney on detail from the Justice Department’s National Security Division.
— Led a grand jury inquiry in Northern Virginia scrutinizing former Trump associate Michael Flynn’s foreign lobbying.
Andrew Weissmann, who is on detail from the Criminal Division’s Fraud Section and who has served as general counsel at the FBI and as an assistant U.S. attorney for the Eastern District of New York. — Weissmann donated $2,300 to the Obama Victory Fund in 2008, $2,000 to the DNC in 2006 and at least $2,300 to the Clinton campaign in 2007.
Aaron Zebley, a former partner at WilmerHale who has previously served with Mueller at the FBI and has served as an assistant U.S. attorney in the Eastern District of Virginia. — Worked with Robert Mueller at the WilmerHale firm.
Aaron Zelinsky, an attorney on detail from the U.S. Attorney’s Office in the District of Maryland. — Worked under Assistant AG Rod Rosenstein in Maryland.
Zainab Ahmad, a top national security prosecutor on detail from U.S. Attorney’s Office in the Eastern District of New York.
Michael Dreeben, an appellate attorney on detail from the Office of the Solicitor General, described by former colleagues as one of the brightest criminal law experts of the past two generations.

posted on Dec, 4 2017 @ 12:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
Good thing every tiny detail about the investigation is handed to people on a silver platter by the media, otherwise we wouldn't be distracted like they want. Literally every day there's a new development. Every. Single. Day.

Maybe one day people will wake up and realize it's a psyop and social engineering. Bread and circus.

Not to go off-topic, but distracted from what? I'm assuming some level of spirituality.

But should citizens be kept in the dark at all times from what their government is doing?

I'm not saying every single thing the media puts out is the most important thing, and deserves our attention, but people are ever-interested in government happenings, really more than ever since 9/11, IMO. I'm also not saying people being interested in the government & social engineering can't happen at the same time - but not everything is a conspiracy... just every other thing

Either way, these are most interesting times...or most idiotic. TBD!

edit on 4049x6740America/ChicagovAmerica/Chicago12 by six67seven because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2017 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Then, an early immunity deal was apparently struck which allowed Comey to speak carefree at his Senate hearings and beyond

Apparently??? So no documentation of any immunity deal? Just conjecture on the part of truepundit? Which lacks any kind of cred?
That never happened. Mueller didn't give immunity to Comey ever.
Your link doesn't even say that. It is all supposition. If, maybe, probably, possibly...

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join