It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Revisit of NCAA football, Oklahoma and Alabama!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 3 2017 @ 07:18 PM
link   
Well now things seem to be heating up and getting very interesting the past few weeks. It seems that I may get my with! Now based off of what I have seen Oklahoma will undoubtedly beat Alabama in the game. But again that is IMO. I also can't wait for Mayfield to get the Heisman and make that chip on his shoulder bigger. He seems to have turned his sometimes nasty unsportsmanlike attitude to a positive in the VT game. And when he gets that trophy he will be on fire. No team IMO has even a close chance of beating OU this year. This is going to be great And I do look forward to talk about this with many users on here. Even if your team is not in the playoffs please put forth why your team should be here or why your player should get the Heisman. Please let's talk football ATS!
edit on 2/19/2013 by Allaroundyou because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2017 @ 07:51 PM
link   
I am just glad Ohio State didn't get in...I can't stand them.

I thoroughly enjoyed their fans butt hurt today.

posted on Dec, 3 2017 @ 07:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus You know I did to. I was really going for Wisconsin on that game. But since Ohio didn't make the list I feel they( Wisconsin ) got a win from that. And damn that was a good game. Wisconsin played to the best of there ability and did a damn good job. Go them!

posted on Dec, 3 2017 @ 07:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Allaroundyou Wait a second.... Is this the first time we have agreed on something lol!!! If so I will mark this on my calendar and make a thread a year from now

posted on Dec, 3 2017 @ 08:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Allaroundyou
a reply to: Allaroundyou Wait a second.... Is this the first time we have agreed on something lol!!! If so I will mark this on my calendar and make a thread a year from now

Sports are a great unifier.

posted on Dec, 3 2017 @ 08:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus Yes they are

Also if you are willing, lets start a petition to start my purposed fantasy league forum. If you have the free time time please read my most recent thread and throw your support.

posted on Dec, 3 2017 @ 08:42 PM
link   
You guys forgetting about Clemson? Best team in college ball right now, IMO.

posted on Dec, 3 2017 @ 08:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Maverick1
You guys forgetting about Clemson? Best team in college ball right now, IMO.

Clemson is damm good but this is OUs year.

Sooner born and sooner bred when I die Ill be sooner dead. Go Boomer Sooner go Boomer sooner.

posted on Dec, 3 2017 @ 10:11 PM
link   
To be clear I am not a fan of any of the teams that got slighted by the playoff committee, so this isn't about just being butt hurt.

With that being said, I'm boycotting the college football playoff this year for the reason that the committee put Alabama in over teams like USC and Ohio State.

I'm sick and tired of a small group of people deciding what should happen instead of going with what actually happened on the field. I mean, why do do we even play the games if a committee is just going to go off what should happen on paper? That is not how sports work.

How in the hell does a team that couldn't even make it to their conference championship deserve to represent the 4 best teams in all of the FBS? It makes no sense.

Also, teams like Central Florida should be in the playoff. Obviously not the way they have it set up now. I'm not an idiot, I realize that UCF likely cannot compete with the elite of power 5 programs - but that begs the question, why are they even in the same division of football with those teams then?

Is there any other sport in the world other than college football where a team can go undefeated in the regular season, win their conference championship game and not be allowed to play for the national title?

I'd say the system is broken, but it's not even that. The system is working perfectly as they want it to. Which is to keep the old guard big money programs at the top and prevent the little guy upstart programs from threatening their cash cows. It's disgusting. And yet another microcosm of everything that is wrong in the world today.

There needs to be a realignment of all the divisions and conferences. If you want to play on the power 5 level, you agree to be a part of a conference. Inside each of those conferences teams are split into 2 divisions. Then it is simple, you win your division, you play the winner of the other division within your conference for the championship. Then you take all the conference champions, expand it to an actual playoff and all the conference champions across the country play each other for the right to be called the national championships. End of the problem. No more whining. You want to play for a national title, win your damn conference. Get rid of all the polls, and money and manipulation and just play for football. For crissakes!
edit on 3-12-2017 by sooth because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2017 @ 12:43 AM
link   
a reply to: notsure1 Are you a Normanite???

posted on Dec, 4 2017 @ 12:46 AM
link   
a reply to: sooth I was really pissed that Alabama got to the playoffs this year. They had such a weak schedule and still managed to weasel there way into it. I agree it's bs but Alabama has been on top for sometimes and I think they have alot of Influence up top that that's why they got it. But they will fall this year.

posted on Dec, 4 2017 @ 12:53 AM
link   
a reply to: sooth Also I totally get where you are coming from. There are a few teams that got screwed because of the very things you have pointed out. And I know you said you are boycotting the NCAA football for that.....but c'mon buddy you know you are still going to watch it

posted on Dec, 4 2017 @ 07:54 AM
link   
Haha me too! Go DOGs! Oklahoma is about to play the best defense they have ever seen.a reply to: Metallicus

posted on Dec, 4 2017 @ 07:58 AM
link   
Ohio and USC come on man really. Watching Oklahoma get spanked is going to be good but I would love to see a SEC team work up Ohio.a reply to: sooth

posted on Dec, 4 2017 @ 09:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: Allaroundyou
a reply to: notsure1 Are you a Normanite???

enidian.

top topics

join