It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

More crimes against humanity by Kim Jong-un - Ghost Disease

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 3 2017 @ 04:41 PM
link   
Kim Jong-un has pursued his nuclear ambitions in spite of a widely starving and impoverished population. The money the Kim regime has spent on developing nuclear weapons missiles could have fed the tiny nation for years. Instead, he has chosen to research and produce weapons of mass destruction, despite the overwhelming indirect costs.

Now, the people of North Korea are once again suffering at the hand's of this tyrant's nuclear program. "Ghost Disease," as it is called by a NK defector, is the result of radiation sickness sustained by those living in proximity to NK's Punggye-ri nuclear site.

“So many people died we began calling it 'ghost disease,’” Lee Jeong Hwa, a defector who used to live by a nuclear testing site.

"We thought we were dying because we were poor and we ate badly. Now we know it was the radiation."

Lee is one of 30 defectors from North Korea’s Kilju county who has been tested by South Korea’s Ministry of Unification for radiation contamination.

Additionally, another defector describes killing their own baby due to deformations. Execution of deformed or "weak" babies is obviously common practice in the dictatorship, and is yet one more atrocity this war criminal has committed.

Another defector from Kilju, Rhee Yeong Sil, said a neighbor of hers gave birth to a deformed baby who didn’t have genitals.

The North Korean government often kills deformed babies, so the parents killed the child themselves, Rhee said.

Admittedly, the article states there is no definitive evidence linking the disease to the nuclear site itself. However, we've seen in recent times that radiation leaks have been detected, as well as likely contaminated dust particles being blown many miles away from the site. I personally have no reason to doubt the claims, as they would be par for the course for the regime.

Either way, something is causing alarming health problems and deformities/mutations.

www.msn.com...

posted on Dec, 3 2017 @ 04:49 PM
link   
a reply to: JBurns

How incredibly sad...

Unfortunately, the government of NK is simply following the path laid out by the governments of the West. How often have our own governments pursued their own lunatic ambitions at the expense of the general population? How many people poisoned, maimed, murdered etc?

I don't mean this as a justification of his actions, on the contrary, I find it abhorrent that people are living in such conditions.

It is simply how governments operate (some more openly, some less so) and it is always the people who suffer in the end.

We and the people of NK are really no different to one another.

People on both sides of this are equally subject to the insanity of their respective governments.

None of us are willing participants in the horrors they perpetrate in the name of 'progress'.

posted on Dec, 3 2017 @ 04:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Indrasweb

Could this ghost disease be propaganda?

How incredibly sad...

edit on 3-12-2017 by seasonal because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2017 @ 05:05 PM
link   
Without definitive evidence linking the "Ghost Disease" (which by the way is an awesome name) one could also make an argument that the long held belief that North Korea is engaging in more than simple nuclear testing has more evidence. Now, admittedly, this is in all likelihood related to the nuclear tests and the rather haphazard way they are conducting them but then there is this....

Lee and other defectors are adamant these tests have had a detrimental effect on their health. The scientific evidence and expert opinion, however, is not so conclusive.

South Korea’s Ministry of Unification has been testing Lee and 29 other defectors from Kilju for radiation contamination. Lee told NBC News that her test results have already come back — and they’re clean.

NBC

Without the data to verify this claim more substantially I would urge anyone examining this topic to take a moment and consider the other likely implication.

Bioweapons.

On more than one occasion over the years I've pointed out that North Korea does by all accounts have a functional Bio weapons program and that there is sufficient evidence to at least assume it is on par with the level America and Russia would have been at in there earlier stages of this experimentation.

Which leads us to the scariest part of this story....Russia.

It's been said over the years that Russia continued their own Bio weapons research well into the late 80's and perhaps even early 90's at which point they not only had developed a number of powerful weapons (though perhaps not a way to deliver them) but had even gone so far as to create another level that we hear less about.

In April 1979, a mysterious biological weapon escaped from a lab in the Soviet Union, killing at least 66 people and an unknown number of animals in what is now central Russia. Almost 40 years later, researchers have finally sequenced the genome of the bacteria behind the deaths, confirming that it was a strain of anthrax-causing bacterium, Bacillus anthracis, that had been modified by Soviet scientists.

Russian Bioweapons

History of Soviet Bioweapons

In a book released a few years ago about the history of the Soviets program some startling allegations are made, including that it had five areas of study including a "Chimera" program which attempted to combine deadly strains of bacteria to make new undreamt of weapons and another program that, when treatment was provided, turned into a deadly virus.

The Soviet biological weapons (BW) program was by far the largest and most sophisticated such program ever undertaken by any nation. It was also intensely secretive, and was masked by layers of classification, deception and misdirection. “The program’s most important facilities remain inaccessible to outsiders to this day,” Leitenberg and Zilinskas write, “and it has been made a crime for anyone in present-day Russia to divulge information about the former offensive BW program.” Needless to say, official archives are closed and Russian government officials are uncommunicative on the subject, or deny the existence of the program altogether.

In a recent thread it was stated that Putin wants to bring Trump to the table with North Korea for peace talks, and it's always been accepted that Russia continually supports North Korea in both legitimate and illegitimate ways. I've personally put forward the theory that at least part of the reason for this support is the possibility that Russia and other nations are aiding North Korea in exchange for the simple right to test some of their own bio weapons on North Korea's largely isolated population, especially those residing in their prison camps.

NTI

North Korea may have contributed to Syria’s chemical weapons program. In 2009, Greece seized 14,000 chemical suits from a North Korean ship believed to have been bound for Syria. In April 2013, Turkish authorities seized small arms, ammunition, and gas masks from a ship flying under the Libyan flag. According to the captain of the ship, the cargo came from North Korea and was to be transported from Turkey to Syria over land.

[42] On 13 February 2017, Kim Jong-nam, the half-brother of DPRK leader Kim Jong-un, was attacked from behind by two women at the Kuala Lumpur airport, who wiped his face with cloths. He died on the way to the hospital, after complaining of pain in his face and having a seizure [43]. Following an investigation, Malaysian authorities announced that Jong-nam had been killed using the chemical nerve agent VX. [44] Police hypothesize that each woman had a different compound of VX on their cloths, harmless individually but deadly when combined. [45] North Korea rejected claims that they were behind the assassination, instead citing the attack as a conspiracy between Malaysia and South Korea [46].

The attack is thought to be a signal of the range of North Korean WMD capabilities, especially as it occurred a day after the DPRK tested a new medium range ballistic missile. [47,48] In response, the Trump administration cancelled informal talks with DPRK officials that were scheduled to occur in early March. [48]

Business Insider 2017
Belfer Center
edit on 3-12-2017 by Thorneblood because: (no reason given)

edit on 3-12-2017 by Thorneblood because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2017 @ 05:06 PM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

Quite possibly.

It is perhaps possible that NK is actually a wondeful place to live. I have no idea as I've never been.

However, I guess I've seen enough of how those in power treat those 'beneath' that I find this at least plausible..

link   

if i was the leader of north korea, i see what the united states did to Libya, Afghanistan, Iraq, and wonder when my country is next. i'd do every thing in my power to protect my country and people. even if that means developing nuclear weapons. north korea is surrounded by nations who help keep the balance in the region. china, japan, south korea and even russia help maintain "peace" in the region. i believe kim un has spoken to the leaders of those nations. he must have made it known that the threat of an attack from the united states is a real threat. north korea isn't standing alone. i don't know what will happen if the united states enters into conflict with north korea, but the response from its neighbors won't be pleasant.

the united states needs to back off its military stance on north korea and work on creating a fiscal partnership. if the united states cares about the well being of the north korean people, then send humanitarian aid, medical help, food, clothing.

link   
I read the same story on the daily mail, which is notorious for just making # up. And as far as msn news goes, a friend of mine had a fishing video featured on their website once, every single fact they put about the video was completely wrong , they got the video from my friend who gave them the details, they just made a whole bunch of # up and posted the video as something totally different.

I question a few things about it. Who are these defectors? Where did this nuclear contamination come from?

North Korea's nuke tests are not invisible to the rest of the world and their testing has been underground testing. The most recent contamination would have come from that mountain that collapsed a few weeks ago. There's no way there's been enough time for the birth defects and other things the article describes.

Where is the data showing radiation levels in North Korea needed for such dramatic birth defects and other health problems?

The kinds of health damage being described are equivalent to those in Hiroshima, Chernobyl, Fukushima, or the damage done by depleted uranium weapons in the middle east. All of which would need to be caused by radiation levels high enoug that they are detectable by radiation detectors in China, Japan, Russia, South Korea and along the Pacific coast.

Is there any data any where showing high levels of radiation in North Korea? Or is this whole story second hand from supposed "North Korean defectors"?
edit on 3/12/2017 by dug88 because: (no reason given)

edit on 3/12/2017 by dug88 because: (no reason given)

link   
China will step in and sell them their lead tainted canned fruits. Hey guys! I have a wonderful thought. Is the US govt. testing all this Chinese fruit coming into America? I remember that the honey was being shipped to Europe and then sold as European tainted honey until the fact of it was , it was actually coming from China. PLEASE, guys, don't buy the dollar fruits in the can from China in the dollar stores in your country. I swear its not safe. I actually want to bring the stuff to the govt hospital here and have it tested but I truly don't have the money to get it done. This is a university govt hospital and it has everything in it.

posted on Dec, 3 2017 @ 05:14 PM
link   

Agreed

It is the people of NK I am concerned about. KJU could be face down in a pool of water and I couldn't care less, but the people who continually suffer under a brutal dictator is shameful.

KJU is the parallel of Hitler, in both his psychotic anger, bellicose rhetoric and total neglect of basic human rights (let alone civil rights).

posted on Dec, 3 2017 @ 05:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Thorneblood

Thorne, that is an excellent theory!

It is very possible NK would intentionally send (or allow) someone to defect in order to plant false information in our media. I wouldn't be surprised by this at all.

And the ratio of Chem/Bio WMDs they have compared to Nuclear or Radiological I believe is much higher (if I recall correctly).

This is probably the most credible or likely theory I have heard. I'd say it is just as likely (or more likely) than radiation sickness. Especially since SK didn't detect any signs of radiation

edit on 12/3/2017 by JBurns because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2017 @ 05:18 PM
link   
a reply to: dug88

dug, skepticism is always a good thing.

I believe the defectors are listed by name in the article (correct me if I'm wrong)

posted on Dec, 3 2017 @ 05:26 PM
link   
I think we've skipped a couple of steps here. It's supposed to go:

1. We need to attack North Korea out of hate and fear.

2. Drumpf is the worst president ever.

3. Guns are bad and we need to ban them.

4. White Americans are racist.

5. We need to attack Iran out of hate and fear.

6. Illegal immigration, good or bad?

7. The global climate is the worst it's ever been in recorded history.

Then back to North Korea and start the hate and fear cycle over again. I realize this is the holiday season and we need to go out and buy cell phones and diamond jewelry, but that's no reason to skip steps. I feel like we've totally bypassed Racism, Immigration, Iran and Climate Change since the last We Need to Attack North Korea.

posted on Dec, 3 2017 @ 05:32 PM
link   

The money the Kim regime has spent on developing nuclear weapons missiles could have fed the tiny nation for years. Instead, he has chosen to research and produce weapons of mass destruction, despite the overwhelming indirect costs.

Because the US has ten times the destructive power pointed down their throat, for decades.

Its Kims job to defend his people. Maybe you should be complaining about the real 8000 pound gorilla in the room.
edit on 3-12-2017 by intrptr because: thoat instead of threat

posted on Dec, 3 2017 @ 05:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

The money the Kim regime has spent on developing nuclear weapons missiles could have fed the tiny nation for years. Instead, he has chosen to research and produce weapons of mass destruction, despite the overwhelming indirect costs.

Because the US has ten times the destructive power pointed down his threat, for decades.

Its his job to defend his people. Maybe you should be complaining about the real 8000 pound gorilla in the room.

You mean like the "joint exercises " with the south being held at the Kim's doorstep, I would be concerned being him haveing those 3 American carriers there ,I expect to see an escalation in the next couple of days.
edit on 3-12-2017 by hopenotfeariswhatweneed because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2017 @ 05:45 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

I find it odd though, if (and that's a big if) half the population or more are starving, living in horrible conditions and being treated brutally, how can one say that his actions are motivated by his concerns for his people? That seems like some ass-backwards thinking to me:

"I need to starve my people to death and brutalise them so that we can build a big missile to prevent them from being threatened by other people"

Weird logic...

posted on Dec, 3 2017 @ 05:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

originally posted by: intrptr

Because the US has ten times the destructive power pointed down his threat, for decades.

Its his job to defend his people. Maybe you should be complaining about the real 8000 pound gorilla in the room.

You mean like the "joint exercises " with the south being held at the Kim's doorstep, I would be concerned being him haveing those 3 American carriers there ,I expect to see an escalation in the next couple of days.

Koreans are not going to give the uS Bully State the excuse its looking for. They're not stupid. As long as they don't over react (haven't for decades), the blame will be on the uS. That is an important distinction on the world stage. The threat must be imminent and proactive. The US may pounce anyway, even make s*** up, but it will come out in the wash eventually, just like it did In Iraq, Afghanistan, Libya, Syria, Vietnam and oh yah, Korea.

Bad guys and WMD is a tired adage.

posted on Dec, 3 2017 @ 05:49 PM
link   

He means protect his people from foreign invaders, if the people in the north are treated as badly as out media makes out they likely have Stockholm syndrome, I'm not sure I believe our media however as they have been shown to lie, a lot.

posted on Dec, 3 2017 @ 05:51 PM
link   

The isolated, sanctioned, blockaded, embargoed, bullied, spied on state of North Korea is because of the US.

We kind of made it that bad to justify destroying them further?

posted on Dec, 3 2017 @ 05:51 PM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

I understood what he meant... it still doesn't make any sense though... what's the point in protecting them from foreigners and keeping them alive if their lives are utterly miserable/short-lived anyway?

I'm far from trusting of the media either btw. I just can't accept the "it's for their own good" argument...

posted on Dec, 3 2017 @ 05:53 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

Well, I can't disagree with you there...

Still, all those many millions spent on missiles would have fed a lot of folks whichever way you slice it...

As I said, why work to 'protect' them if their resulting existence is utterly miserable..

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join